• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 171 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's gonna be interesting if he can neutralise the losses from the ITT's, with gains in the mountains against Roglic and Remco. I kinda like Carlos, and would like him to get a podium, but it may just be out of reach. Time will tell.
it really will. I think he might benefit a lot from a very backloaded TdF, even if he looses 4 mins in the first ITT, he can claw back a lot of time later on in the race and UAE or Visma will surely make the race hard so Carlito doesn't have to worry about that.

Reactions: wheresmybrakes
Pidcock misses out on a big opportunity for a stage win…
I thought Bernal looked strong today. Kwiatkowski was good in a support role for Rodriguez.

it never seemed likely to me from that situation, he doesnt quite have the kick to out accelerate other riders that quickly to come from behind that late and hadnt looked to be in that kind of right position to take the win from that group, whilst Turgis seemed to be getting his positioning & moves, speed right , Pidcock should have gone sooner I think, which maybe why he slammed the bars.

Daniel Benson reports Bob Jungels will join Ineos on a two year deal. They have tried to sign him multiple times over the years and is the kind of stage racing domestique they tend to go for. Pablo Castrillo and Sam Watson are also pretty much done deals apparently.

Looks like Narvaez, Ethan Hayter, Viviani, Rowe and Wurf are set to leave. Which would leave two places free for 2025. Robert Donaldson (2nd in Paris Roubaix U23s) has been strongly linked.

Asgreen, Axel Laurance, Bissegger, Simon Carr, Groves (Astana are favourites) and Fuglsang (!) have also been linked with the team.

Last edited:
We had Don't eat Pods! and now it's time to wash your stuff like a pro! Phew! Excited ... nah, thought not. But at Ineos when the sweaty work of the day is done, it's time to get the Hygienics Next-Gen Non-Bio Laundry Liquid out and load up the machine. Let the good woman do it instead? Nah, because, "All fragrances across our portfolio are known to enhance performance." That's right,you've got to smell good to be good!
Maybe the Ineos lads are spending more time sniffing each other then racing which would explain their so far dire performances.

Daniel Benson reports Bob Jungels will join Ineos on a two year deal. They have tried to sign him multiple times over the years and is the kind of stage racing domestique they tend to go for. Pablo Castrillo and Sam Watson are also pretty much done deals apparently.

Looks like Narvaez, Ethan Hayter, Viviani, Rowe and Wurf are set to leave. Which would leave two places free for 2025. Robert Donaldson (2nd in Paris Roubaix U23s) has been strongly linked.

Asgreen, Axel Laurance, Bissegger, Simon Carr, Groves (Astana are favourites) and Fuglsang (!) have also been linked with the team.
Jungels, Castrillo and Watson are all good signings.

What's the story on Hayter leaving? Is it because he's been absolutely useless this season and they don't want to retain him, or does he have other plans himself? If this was still Team Sky they'd never get rid, with him being a big name British rider.

Jungels, Castrillo and Watson are all good signings.

What's the story on Hayter leaving? Is it because he's been absolutely useless this season and they don't want to retain him, or does he have other plans himself? If this was still Team Sky they'd never get rid, with him being a big name British rider.
Hayter is clearly signed to Ineos for the Track and Olympics, the Road isn't yet a priority for him. But UCI rules don't allow you to sign a rider and only race Track so he races road too just like Wiggins did when at FdJ and focusing on Track . You can't be at Euro & World Team Pursuit and Omnium Champion level these days and focus on Road in the Olympic year thinking that will get you Gold the level is far too high.

Reactions: xo 1 and Squire
Does that mean they are sort of taking advantage of the fact that UCI doesn't seem to realise they've signed Storm?

I think I read somewhere that he wasn't gonna ride for Ineos much until the Olympics, which he then wasn't selected for...
It's been a pretty standard approach for any Pro Cycling team signing Olympic Endurance & Sprint Track riders needing to earn a living from the road over the decades to be honest. Wiggins at FDJ, Theo Bos at Rabobank, Roswell at Wiggle-Honda etc. Not sure it's taking advantage of the rules, I think generally it's a disadvantage to sign Olympic Track riders knowing their availability on the Road will be reduced by Olympic qualifying rounds, training fatigue, lost training from flights around the globe etc.

As for Storm he joins Ineos in August after the Olympics.

Last edited:
Reactions: xo 1
It's been a pretty standard approach for any Pro Cycling team signing Olympic Endurance & Sprint Track riders needing to earn a living from the road over the decades to be honest.

Didn't you say that the rider in question still has to ride at least a few races for the team they're signed for?
Of course, the thing here is that according to the UCI website, Storm rides for ColoQuick.

Of course, in his case there might have been another side-project also occupying his time; graduating High School.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Didn't you say that the rider in question still has to ride at least a few races for the team they're signed for?
Of course, the thing here is that according to the UCI website, Storm rides for ColoQuick.

Of course, in his case there might have been another side-project also occupying his time; graduating High School.
What Olympic rider hasn't raced 'a few races' in Ineos this year? Storm's contract begins August, he's currently with national squad I believe so not under UCI contract yet.

Reactions: Sandisfan