Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 26, 2009
Phillip Deignan

Meanwhile Deignan has found a new home in Europe, after previously living in Aubagne, near Marseille, then Girona, Dublin and sometimes Belgium or Colorado. “In just four months, I have already found great people in Monaco both for training and off the bike,” he confided.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/philip-deignan-finds-a-new-balance-at-team-sky

Looks like we are about to witness a transformation - Deignan being in Monaco alongside his neighbours - Froome and Porte - ok its a tax haven but its also where the dopers are.

stutue

BANNED
Apr 22, 2014
Cool story bro

Still trying to troll up a Sky story, despite seeing the most outrageous team wide doping in the TdF from Astana and Tinkov, and an obvious lack of anything going on at Sky.

Yawn.

Sep 26, 2009
stutue said:
Cool story bro

Still trying to troll up a Sky story, despite seeing the most outrageous team wide doping in the TdF from Astana and Tinkov, and an obvious lack of anything going on at Sky.

Yawn.
well Cycling News ran a piece on Deignan - and I formed an opinion - usually what forums are about.

Astana and Tinkoff are not British teams so it is difficult to know just whats going on there. If a few of the Tinkoff team all owned houses in Lake Louise then we may form conclusions on that fact.

'an obvious lack of anything going on at Sky' - now who's trolling !!:confused::confused:

Dec 13, 2012
Dear Wiggo said:
Ah. So, Froome coming second in the Vuelta overnight is "overnight GT winner" but 4th at the Tour for Wiggins, in the company of known and now convicted dopers isn't.

Because pedantry.

Gotcha. .
All things being equal Wiggins performance at the Tour in 09' was better than Froome Vuelta in '11. The quality of the field in the Tour was way higher. The Vuelta is a strange race to judge/predict.

stutue

BANNED
Apr 22, 2014
Cycle Chic said:
well Cycling News ran a piece on Deignan - and I formed an opinion - usually what forums are about.
Yes, and they are also about challenging opinions.

Astana and Tinkoff are not British teams so it is difficult to know just whats going on there. If a few of the Tinkoff team all owned houses in Lake Louise then we may form conclusions on that fact.
Eh? How does Sky being (in almost name only) a British team make it any easier to know what is going on there with regards to doping? You know nothing, and neither do I. We also know nothing about Astana and Tinkov and all we can do is try to surmise from excessively good team performances and/or dodgy staff.

'an obvious lack of anything going on at Sky' - now who's trolling !!:confused::confused:
Not noticed the massive gulf in performance between Sky and Astana/Tinkov?

Sep 29, 2012
SundayRider said:
All things being equal Wiggins performance at the Tour in 09' was better than Froome Vuelta in '11. The quality of the field in the Tour was way higher. The Vuelta is a strange race to judge/predict.
You are in agreement with me: great!

Sep 26, 2009
Where is he ?

Team Sky website has no news or reports on Froome. Considering he is the number 1 British Cyclist I think that is extremely odd.

And still no tweets from Froome.

Portes tweeting - in Monaco.

Jul 21, 2012
Cycle Chic said:
Team Sky website has no news or reports on Froome. Considering he is the number 1 British Cyclist I think that is extremely odd.

Should be interesting to see how Froome goes in the vuelta.

I think Horner will teach the brits a thing or two about how to dope.

Sep 29, 2012
Cycle Chic said:

Guess: it'll be sorted by August 15th and then we'll hear something.

stutue

BANNED
Apr 22, 2014
Cycle Chic said:

What are you hoping to hear? The guy isn't racing.

Sep 26, 2009
Afrank said:
So if a cyclist isn't very active on social media it now means they are up to something no good? :eek:
why would he stop tweeting after July 18th ? one tweet on July 27th.

I went back to beginning of April and he tweets every 2 or 3 days...sometimes many tweets every day especially during the Tour.

Considering we now know he is hanging out with Leipheimer... YEH its suspicious !!

Aug 13, 2010
Cycle Chic said:

I went back to beginning of April and he tweets every 2 or 3 days...sometimes many tweets every day especially during the Tour.

Considering we now know he is hanging out with Leipheimer... YEH its suspicious !!
So by that token of reasoning when he was tweeting there was nothing suspicious happening?

Jul 11, 2013
Cycle Chic said:

Or someone got the bright idea to convince him to concentrate on his training, and not his social media life......
-----------------
Conspiracy angle could be that something bad is coming his way...

Ill go with the first option for now...

Aug 16, 2011
Cycle Chic said:

Maybe, nothing is happening in his life that is noteworthy to tweet about.
Maybe, he's too busy at the moment to tweet.
Maybe, he just doesn't feel like using Twitter at the moment.

The frequency of a cyclists use of social media isn't suspicious at all, it proves nothing and means nothing. Your really stretching if your seriously trying to use this as proof of doping.

Sep 26, 2009
stutue said:
Maybe he is suffering from a trolls infestation and has better things to do with his time
The 'trolls' were out in force pre- TDF and afterwards....didnt stop him using twitter

stutue

BANNED
Apr 22, 2014
BYOP88 said:
The people who don't buy/believe Brailsford/Cound/Froome/Sky statements, natch.
Yep.

Mind you there may not be any trolling of Froome going on as all the sceptics will be busy focusing their ire on the guy that just cheated his way to a TdF win.

Froome is old news.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts