• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1392 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Rapha pulling out of sponsorship from Sky! have they seen the future and it aint black & blue?

Rapha made a fortune, imo, on their sponsorship of sky, why pull out end of 2016? They went from a minor cycle sports clothing company to major clothing cycle sports. Maybe Sky want too much!

It cost them a fortune, it didn't work out. They are still a small company expanding into new countries. There money is better spent on that expansion not seeing Froome in see through jersey's!

Rapha made a fortune out of the Sky deal, their brand recognition has gone through the roof. They may not be selling huge amounts of replica kit but their standard lines are now everywhere here in Aus at least and I hear it's the same in the UK. Over the last 3 years their share of the market has increased drastically.

My guess is that Rapha are pulling out of the Sky deal because they've achieved their goal of a greater market share and no longer need to advertise through such an expensive sponsorship.

same thing can be said for Kask. these last few years their sales have stepped up.
Kask current deal ends in Dec 2016 too, still no word about a re-up.

gooner said:
the sceptic said:
the Dawg twitter account is just some PR person or automatic program that searches twitter and blocks everyone who has a tweet including the words "Froome" and "(something negative)"

Pretty funny that Matt Slater got blocked though since he is a true believer.

Matt Slater has been asking plenty of questions behind the scenes and in and around the British cycling scene like VO2 max etc.

The only difference with him is that he doesn't go around grandstanding on it or shout from the rooftops that he's posing questions to them.
Different to who?

The people who actually are "shouting from the rooftops" are sky. None stop. Brad even used the phrase himself " we are shouting from the rooftops that we did it clean". That's all they do of course since they certainly don't back up their shouts and much of it is abusive.

Somehow you never call them out on it. Not once. All your "criticism" is reserved for someone like kimmage who even if he shouts, doesnt lie all the time and backs it up.

Is there some personal history here between you and kimmage? Did he force you to shave your beard over a game of futbolin too?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't referring to Kimmage, sunshine.

Not the first time you try and make a thread personal with me.

And I have seen it said with people in the sport that VO2 Max isn't used as a huge outline anymore. Matt Slater has found that out himself by actually posing questions around British cycling.

Yet all we see on here and twitter is the grandstanding requesting this, instead of actually listening to people who have reported on it.

His data prior to 2011 should be the main topic and which includes his time at the UCI centre. Going on about a current V02 Max as of now and deflecting away from that is specifically what Froome and Sky want.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

gooner said:
the sceptic said:
the Dawg twitter account is just some PR person or automatic program that searches twitter and blocks everyone who has a tweet including the words "Froome" and "(something negative)"

Pretty funny that Matt Slater got blocked though since he is a true believer.

Matt Slater has been asking plenty of questions behind the scenes and in and around the British cycling scene like VO2 max etc.

The only difference with him is that he doesn't go around grandstanding on it or shout from the rooftops that he's posing questions to them.

How do you know what Slater does behind the scenes?

Who is grandstanding and shouting from rooftops?

Re:

gooner said:

And I have seen it said with people in the sport that VO2 Max isn't used as a huge outline anymore. Matt Slater has found that out himself by actually posing questions around British cycling.

Yet all we see on here and twitter is the grandstanding requesting this, instead of actually listening to people who have reported on it.

His data prior to 2011 should be the main topic and which includes his time at the UCI centre. Going on about a current V02 Max as of now and deflecting away from that is specifically what Froome and Sky want.

Its not, but its a parameter in the physiological model from which implications about other matters can be drawn....it would appear that this simple, very simple, number means that Froome's numbers don't add up (current) and were way out in the pre-transformation days...its a very simple number to test for and release...they could even accompany it with a 'sports physiology for dummies' paper for all the psuedo-scientists out there who would get confused...

Re:

gooner said:

you throw blanket insults at the whole clinic, generalizing that everyone just "grandstands" which you know to be false, then complain that it's personal when people call you out on it?

Re vo2 max, no one here cared about it either, until sky made it relevant by claiming froome has an off the charts vo2 max, grapple claiming he needs it to be clean and brailsfraud promising they will do one.

So what you missed is that vo2 mac is about keeping sky to their word. Or is that not important? Should teams be allowed to lie? You evidently believe so because you mock people for trying to hold liars to account.

What should be done instead? Softball questions asked by friendly reporters while they take selfies with g and pose with the tdf trophy? Which don't get answered either, but hey, at least we can claim they were asked, by this magic god species called "reporters" who are so superior to all other human beings, everything they do is holy.

If thats the way to go where is sky's answer? 4 years and counting?

Btw, even if you weren't refering to kimmage, but instead the clinic. The point still stands. Sky do what you just attacked the clinic for doing, All The Time. But you are yet to criticize them. For this or for anything. All you do is attack the clinic with generalizations and sleights of hand.
Though still claim to be neutral.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

The Hitch said:
gooner said:

you throw blanket insults at the whole clinic, generalizing that everyone just "grandstands" which you know to be false, then complain that it's personal when people call you out on it?

Re vo2 max, no one here cared about it either, until sky made it relevant by claiming froome has an off the charts vo2 max, grapple claiming he needs it to be clean and brailsfraud promising they will do one.

So what you missed is that vo2 mac is about keeping sky to their word. Or is that not important? Should teams be allowed to lie? You evidently believe so because you mock people for trying to hold liars to account.

What should be done instead? Softball questions asked by friendly reporters while they take selfies with g and pose with the tdf trophy? Which don't get answered either, but hey, at least we can claim they were asked, by this magic god species called "reporters" who are so superior to all other human beings, everything they do is holy.

If thats the way to go where is sky's answer? 4 years and counting?

Btw, even if you weren't refering to kimmage, but instead the clinic. The point still stands. Sky do what you just attacked the clinic for doing, All The Time. But you are yet to criticize them. For this or for anything. All you do is attack the clinic with generalizations and sleights of hand.
Though still claim to be neutral.

This whole calling for a VO2 max to be released is nothing more than grandstanding considering the people wanting it have entrenched views that their opinion is made up irrespective of what is disclosed from it. I wasn't referring to Kimmage on this issue as he said straight to Froome's face that he should release all his data including prior to 2011. I'm with him on that and I think as a journalist he would be coming at it with an open mind. So yes you did make it personal when you made the baseless reference about him and then portrayed me as having some direct personal axe to grind with him, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The Graape analysis is PR guff. That's criticism right there to Sky and Froome. Criticise them there all you like. I will be nodding my head in agreement.

I don't really care what Brailsford said about a VO2 Max, what will that achieve. Just because he said it doesn't mean anything. Whether he said it or not, I'm still only interested in his data being released pre-Vuelta 2011. In fact, talking about a V02 max is exactly what Brailsford wants and not the data before 2011. If you listened to people in the sport and what Matt Slater got told by multiple people about British Cycling, you would know they don't really use VO2 max as a marker nowadays. Maybe if Kimmage reported this, you might have sat up and listened. ;)

Quintana has a sky high VO2 max, does that exonerate him any bit? Even taking this into account, it's clear as day people on here don't believe him. For that reason, the VO2 talk on here is nothing more than listening to a load of thunder where people calling for it are solely doing it for the sake of it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome's Vo2max is not the only issue. Dont go trying to obfuscate.

It is an important number in the overall numbers a rider puts out. Sky/Froome said they were transparent and believed in transparency from day 1, but they have been everything but transparent. That points to doping.

Brailsford has lied about being a team of transparency.

Brailsford said straight out and I have the clip that they would do a vo2 max test next time he's in a lab - that was july 2013.
He was then asked for pre 2013 data - he said 'if we have it'.

Walsh of course can't take his head out of brailsford's a** long enough to see froome's data - be it blood profiles, vo2, anything.

Walsh has had three years to ask for this stuff and then reveal what the response was when he asked, and he has failed abysmally.

He's a fan with a typewriter just like he accused Gibney.

Brailsford and Sky are in a bind - froomey flew solo at the start - but what could they do...release him after the 2011 vuelta and it's a tacit admittance they know he doped on the team. (I genuinely don't understand how anyone can be so stupid as to think froome's transformation wasn't down to doping - about to be let go and he finds never before seen form like magic) So they had to change their plans fairly lively. Now Sky and DB have gone all in - all or nothing on froome. It's clearly a highly secretive operation - with only the absolutely minimum with knowledge. To all intents and purposes the many staff who tell walsh that froome and sky are clean believe this to be the case. Do I believe froome will be caught? No. This farce will go on until age catches up with him and he fades away. Lance wouldn't have been caught either if he had been less ostentatious about doping and obviously floyd. Walsh is so braindead he thinks all dopers have to be this bashful - but really lance was a blueprint of what not to do as a person.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
A short 140 char often says more than 1400:

Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 1 nov. Vertaling weergeven
.@MRasmussen1974 Sky gave Froome's SRM files to Grappe,said they were stable since 2011.If it is coaching why no improvement under Kerrison?

Any SKY fan able to explain what is not to be explained?

Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
A short 140 char often says more than 1400:

Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 1 nov. Vertaling weergeven
.@MRasmussen1974 Sky gave Froome's SRM files to Grappe,said they were stable since 2011.If it is coaching why no improvement under Kerrison?

Any SKY fan able to explain what is not to be explained?

The Grappe analysis was done just prior to the Tour in 2013. Crazy genius Ventoux hadn't occurred at that point. Nor PSM or AX3.

The data analysed was from Sept 2011 to June 2013. He was fairly consistant during that period (he didn't race most of 2012). Froome was *** compared to his old Sky/Barloworld form but he was consistent when racing. 2013 CI was a stand out with Porte.

Not sure there's much in it from that perspective. Considering the source of the tweet was all about tailwinds and "no Bruyneel, no Ferrari at Sky", I'm not sure what they are now trying to infer.

There's a lot more in Froome's weight loss, power, ITT, seated attacks, badzhilla etc. than the Kerrison outlier.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

thehog said:
The Grappe analysis was done just prior to the Tour in 2013. Crazy genius Ventoux hadn't occurred at that point. Nor PSM or AX3.
Not true, was done during the 2013 Tour, which climbs were involved was not disclosed iirc.

thehog said:
There's a lot more in Froome's weight loss, power, ITT, seated attacks, badzhilla etc. than the Kerrison outlier.
Its a case of and and and.

When the SKY PR machine 'instructs' us non - thinking audience Froome's rise to power was due to Tim Kerrison's super scientific approach - and dont forget totally new and innovative - and yet Froome's powerfiles remain steady there is a discrepancy in this story imho. Or shall we say again a - blatant - lie?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Michele Ferrari needs to buy this and upgrade from his old, police-bug-infested version:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141823774377

$_35.JPG

Just think, he could drive all over France with that thing stashed to the gills with "product," and no authorities would ever bother him. :p

irondan said:
Beech Mtn said:
Michele Ferrari needs to buy this and upgrade from his old, police-bug-infested version:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141823774377

$_35.JPG

Just think, he could drive all over France with that thing stashed to the gills with "product," and no authorities would ever bother him. :p
I didn't see any 'pillows' listed in the 'massive spec'......

I'm glad they didn't include the pillows. :D

the owner, who bought it from SKY, now sells it. maybe he kept the pillows :D

The bus was previously sold off, as many teams do with pieces of equipment at the end of the year - although it’s unusual to see such large items up for grabs – and the new owner is now selling it off.

Re: Sky

team-sky-lionel-messi-1-picture-credit-team-sky.jpg

Lionel Messi gifted a Dogma by Dave and Fausto..

The 28-year-old was apparently very taken with the bike’s electronic Shimano Di2 gearing, and was also keen to learn about the bike’s technical aspects as well as finding out how Team Sky go about their training.

Aren't we all Lionel, aren't we all.

TRENDING THREADS