Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1390 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 14, 2011
Re:

LeindersGains said:
What is the chance of Porte getting busted this year now that he is a free bird? It's impossible that he is unaware of Froome's secret. I wouldn't be surprised if they had shared needle. The half-sized dawg was better than the big dawg on Madone and has the potential to beat him on a MTF. Mini-dawg is a problem and what do you do with problems? You fix them.

I don't think Brailsford like real competition. Especially not if he is telling Tejay about Sky's secret recipe.
Probably the most ill informed post in clinic history.

1. Porte would not be aware what the secret recipe was (if there was one).
2. The idea that he shared needles with Froome is so stupid as to be beyond belief.
3. There is no reason at all to suggest that Porte was better than Froome on Madone.
4. The idea that Brailsford would want to set up Porte just in case Porte has the potential to beat Froome in a one off stage (why would they care?)
5. Finally, you seem to think that Tejay is suddenly likely to morph into some monster who can challenge Froome in the Tour.
6.And all that is before we even mention the idea that Brailsford has the power and authority to decide which riders fail tests , an idea which has absolutely no basis whatsoever.

Great stuff.

May 19, 2015
Re: Re:

irondan said:
LeindersGains said:
What is the chance of Porte getting busted this year now that he is a free bird? It's impossible that he is unaware of Froome's secret. I wouldn't be surprised if they had shared needle. The half-sized dawg was better than the big dawg on Madone and has the potential to beat him on a MTF. Mini-dawg is a problem and what do you do with problems? You fix them.

I don't think Brailsford like real competition. Especially not if he is telling Tejay about Sky's secret recipe.
But Froome and Porte are BFF's... :rolleyes:

Oh, wait. You mean Froome could do LRP like Lance did to Tyler after Tyler left USPS.

Seems plausible.
As far as I know, their bromance is gone. But Froome is still too nice of a guy to do such things. It may be done behind his back without him knowing anything. A positive out-of-competition test from his Saxo days with Riis.

It will all depend on whether he will be able to match Froome in the early races.

Jul 2, 2015
Re:

LeindersGains said:

Very small chance, he moved to BMC not Astana :)

May 19, 2015

That's the most hysterical response I've ever seen, Mr. Eyesore.

Do you honestly believe that a power duo who is making the best climbers in the world look like amateurs wouldn't reveal their doping secrets to each other?

There is not ONE top rider in the peloton who doesn't share his inner secrets with his lieutenant. Landa and Aru. Valverde and Quintana. And in the past, Contador and Kreuziger. Oddly enough these guys are peaking together. Often in the stage after the rest day.

I'm pretty sure Ochowicz wants more from Porte than just wins.

Jun 4, 2015

LeindersGains said:
That's the hysterical response I've ever seen, Mr. Eyesore.

Do you honestly believe that a power duo who is making the best climbers in the world look like amateurs wouldn't reveal their doping secrets to each other?

There is not ONE top rider in the peloton who doesn't share his inner secrets with his lieutenant. Landa and Aru. Valverde and Quintana. And in the past, Contador and Kreuziger. Oddly enough these guys are peaking together. Often in the stage after the rest day.

Ricco and pepoli

Sep 29, 2012

pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Oh, wait. You mean Froome could do LRP like Lance did to Tyler after Tyler left USPS.

Seems plausible.
Porte has no interest in telling TJ about any secret recipe. He´ll keep it for himself (if ever there´s a secret recipe)
Braislford has no interest in busting Porte.
The one gaining some knowledge from Porte could be Rohan Dennis. I am prepared to become a Dennis fanboy in a few years
I tend to agree here -- Porte's first words post-Sky were "I wanna win the Tour still".
I want to win races like Paris-Nice and Catalunya again and I think next year at the Tour de France, why not have Tejay van Garderen and me there? We get along well," he said. "It is exciting to be going to a team where I am going to have so many opportunities for myself to win races."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-confirmed-with-bmc-for-2016/

Ok some artistic license from me but Tour winnings = $$$ and that's the goal of any half-decent pro.

Jul 21, 2012

pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.
Porte has no interest in telling TJ about any secret recipe. He´ll keep it for himself (if ever there´s a secret recipe)
The one gaining some knowledge from Porte could be Rohan Dennis. I am prepared to become a Dennis fanboy in a few years
There is a secret recipe. But there is no chance Porte is smart enough to understand what sky have been doing to his body and then coherently explain it to someone else.

the sceptic said:
pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.
There is a secret recipe. But there is no chance Porte is smart enough to understand what sky have been doing to his body and then coherently explain it to someone else.
So true! Porte has trouble remembering his name let alone what they were injecting into his blood stream.

Porte is going to go all JTL on us :rolleyes:

LeindersGains said:

Landa did it all by himself, he was not part of the Astana inner circle.

Sep 29, 2012

pastronef said:
LeindersGains said:

By which you mean: with significant medical help yeah? Coz his program's results looked Ferrari-esque to me.

Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:
LeindersGains said:

By which you mean: with significant medical help yeah? Coz his program's results looked Ferrari-esque to me.
yeah, yeah :D did you think for a moment I meant he did it CLEAN? :p
yes, I mean he juiced, but not using the Astana inner circle doctors/methods

Sep 29, 2012
No, I meant he doped, but not all by himself. If he could dope that successfully all by himself he should start a doping business coz he'd make more money :D

May 19, 2015
If Porte isn't smart enough to get some good dope by himself does that mean that he is going to suck next year? I think you guys are underestimating the Tassie.

His early season form would have been enough to match Froome in a week long race. I think the chances of him getting busted is higher than of him being really bad. An out of competition positive test from his Saxo days will show up if he is being too good.

May 19, 2015
I'd like to see if he can match Froome first. At least in a one week race. He doesn't seem to be scared of Froome like most of the other riders do.

But him getting busted would be a good laugh too.

Re: Sky

I don't see LRP ever getting busted, even if he is challenging Froome. UCI will look at it as, "oh look, isn't this great, a cleans Richie and a cleans Dawg battling it out. This just proves that the peloton is so much cleaner. Good lads." What BS. If , and hopefully, AC tears them each a new a hole, UCI will frown on it but he is in no danger of getting busted either. 2016 is the year of anything goes. Unless of course you are a small fish with no money to defenf yourself.

Jul 21, 2012
I assume Dawg getting hacked was another lie from team sky since we haven't heard anything about it ever since.

one of those "we'll lie about this now while the pressure is on and then hope people will never ask about it again"

Irondan

Administrator
Re:

the sceptic said:
I assume Dawg getting hacked was another lie from team sky since we haven't heard anything about it ever since.

one of those "we'll lie about this now while the pressure is on and then hope people will never ask about it again"
If that's the case wouldn't that invalidate the data that was overlaid to the video of CF climbing Ventoux?

I don't disagree that they were being dishonest with a lot of information during the tour, but this is the one bit that might actually be true.

It has to be if we're to believe in Vayers video.

Sep 29, 2012

irondan said:
the sceptic said:

If that's the case wouldn't that invalidate the data that was overlaid to the video of CF climbing Ventoux?

I don't disagree that they were being dishonest with a lot of information during the tour, but this is the one bit that might actually be true.

It has to be if we're to believe in Vayers video.
Not necessarily. I believe Sky gave data to a newspaper or journo? Someone then passed some of it around.

Sky claimed hacking to try and obfuscate the impact the video with overlayed data was having. To control the message, as it were. Distract the media.

Once it was shown the data had been released by them and not stolen, they needed to distance themselves entirely from that story as it made them look stupid. Again.

This speaks to their, "leave no stone unturned" method of running the team, and proves it as incorrect, given the knee jerk reaction to the event.

Re:

LeindersGains said:
If Porte isn't smart enough to get some good dope by himself does that mean that he is going to suck next year? I think you guys are underestimating the Tassie.

His early season form would have been enough to match Froome in a week long race. I think the chances of him getting busted is higher than of him being really bad. An out of competition positive test from his Saxo days will show up if he is being too good.
We know Froome's never testing positive but we don't know how the UCI views Porte. Are they willing to do a Landis/Hamilton again if Porte's too good? That would be amazing.

Porte's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.

DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

We know Froome's never testing positive but we don't know how the UCI views Porte. Are they willing to do a Landis/Hamilton again if Porte's too good? That would be amazing.

LRP's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.
I've always thought LRP will be the first (outside JTL) to get popped. He has enough stupid in him to think he is indestructible but without the Sky bullet-proof positive armor he will get sloppy and go down.

When you watch him at Sky trying to beat up on everyone from French riders to 12 year kids on the side of the road you think this guy is ripe to bring his AICAR to the race.

May 26, 2010

DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

Porte's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.
Wonder did Porte's 'form' change when he asked for more money and mentioned BMC in the same conversation?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY