• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1390 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:
LeindersGains said:
That's the most hysterical response I've ever seen, Mr. Eyesore.

Do you honestly believe that a power duo who is making the best climbers in the world look like amateurs wouldn't reveal their doping secrets to each other?

There is not ONE top rider in the peloton who doesn't share his inner secrets with his lieutenant. Landa and Aru. Valverde and Quintana. And in the past, Contador and Kreuziger. Oddly enough these guys are peaking together. Often in the stage after the rest day.

I'm pretty sure Ochowicz wants more from Porte than just wins.

Landa did it all by himself, he was not part of the Astana inner circle.

By which you mean: with significant medical help yeah? Coz his program's results looked Ferrari-esque to me.

yeah, yeah :D did you think for a moment I meant he did it CLEAN? :p
yes, I mean he juiced, but not using the Astana inner circle doctors/methods

May 19, 2015
Visit site
If Porte isn't smart enough to get some good dope by himself does that mean that he is going to suck next year? I think you guys are underestimating the Tassie.

His early season form would have been enough to match Froome in a week long race. I think the chances of him getting busted is higher than of him being really bad. An out of competition positive test from his Saxo days will show up if he is being too good.

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to see if he can match Froome first. At least in a one week race. He doesn't seem to be scared of Froome like most of the other riders do.

But him getting busted would be a good laugh too.

Re: Sky

I don't see LRP ever getting busted, even if he is challenging Froome. UCI will look at it as, "oh look, isn't this great, a cleans Richie and a cleans Dawg battling it out. This just proves that the peloton is so much cleaner. Good lads." What BS. If , and hopefully, AC tears them each a new a hole, UCI will frown on it but he is in no danger of getting busted either. 2016 is the year of anything goes. Unless of course you are a small fish with no money to defenf yourself.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I assume Dawg getting hacked was another lie from team sky since we haven't heard anything about it ever since.

one of those "we'll lie about this now while the pressure is on and then hope people will never ask about it again"

Re:

the sceptic said:
I assume Dawg getting hacked was another lie from team sky since we haven't heard anything about it ever since.

one of those "we'll lie about this now while the pressure is on and then hope people will never ask about it again"
If that's the case wouldn't that invalidate the data that was overlaid to the video of CF climbing Ventoux?

I don't disagree that they were being dishonest with a lot of information during the tour, but this is the one bit that might actually be true.

It has to be if we're to believe in Vayers video.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

irondan said:
the sceptic said:

If that's the case wouldn't that invalidate the data that was overlaid to the video of CF climbing Ventoux?

I don't disagree that they were being dishonest with a lot of information during the tour, but this is the one bit that might actually be true.

It has to be if we're to believe in Vayers video.

Not necessarily. I believe Sky gave data to a newspaper or journo? Someone then passed some of it around.

Sky claimed hacking to try and obfuscate the impact the video with overlayed data was having. To control the message, as it were. Distract the media.

Once it was shown the data had been released by them and not stolen, they needed to distance themselves entirely from that story as it made them look stupid. Again.

This speaks to their, "leave no stone unturned" method of running the team, and proves it as incorrect, given the knee jerk reaction to the event.

Re:

LeindersGains said:
If Porte isn't smart enough to get some good dope by himself does that mean that he is going to suck next year? I think you guys are underestimating the Tassie.

His early season form would have been enough to match Froome in a week long race. I think the chances of him getting busted is higher than of him being really bad. An out of competition positive test from his Saxo days will show up if he is being too good.

We know Froome's never testing positive but we don't know how the UCI views Porte. Are they willing to do a Landis/Hamilton again if Porte's too good? That would be amazing.

Porte's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.

DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

We know Froome's never testing positive but we don't know how the UCI views Porte. Are they willing to do a Landis/Hamilton again if Porte's too good? That would be amazing.

LRP's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.

I've always thought LRP will be the first (outside JTL) to get popped. He has enough stupid in him to think he is indestructible but without the Sky bullet-proof positive armor he will get sloppy and go down.

When you watch him at Sky trying to beat up on everyone from French riders to 12 year kids on the side of the road you think this guy is ripe to bring his AICAR to the race.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

Porte's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.

Wonder did Porte's 'form' change when he asked for more money and mentioned BMC in the same conversation?

DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

I can't see LRP getting busted at all. But he is going to be one out of control little Tazmanian devil next year. He may self destruct though. kaboom

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Shall we expect even fuller genius stuff from SkyBorgs in 2016? Classics, Giro, Tour, Rio... margins of the gains blowing colossal?
---
"I think now we've got the Giro route and the Tour route we can create our 'winning documents' as we always do and start to analyse which riders are right for which races," Brailsford said. "But we are serious about the Giro this year. And instead of having an 'A team' and a 'B team' as it were, sometimes, I want two A teams.

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re:

doperhopper said:
Shall we expect even fuller genius stuff from SkyBorgs in 2016? Classics, Giro, Tour, Rio... margins of the gains blowing colossal?
---
"I think now we've got the Giro route and the Tour route we can create our 'winning documents' as we always do and start to analyse which riders are right for which races," Brailsford said. "But we are serious about the Giro this year. And instead of having an 'A team' and a 'B team' as it were, sometimes, I want two A teams.

Landa + Sky is the most terrifying combination I can think of. On pineapple juice, he has the potential to be better than Froome. I expect him to win Tour of Basque Country and Giro del Trentino without even trying. Since most of the top riders go to the Tour, Landa should be by far the strongest climber if he is in the same shape as last year. Nibali is no challenge in the mountains. However, his time trial skills is going to be a challenge. Sky is known for being able to turn rouleurs into climbers but can they turn climbers in to rouleurs? That's the question.

Thomas is the new Porte. And he will not disappoint. Froome will do the same trick in the Tour with him that he did with Porte when we hit the first mountain stage. Since Froome is likely to suffer from a "mild chest infection" like in the couple of last years, I could see the upgraded Thomas outclimb some of the specialized goats like Porte did this year. Paris-Nice is Sky's race.

Froome is an open book. He'll win his first stage race of the year then fade. After a "mild chest infection", he'll go into Romandie as a strong contender, win Dauphine and ultra-peak for the Tour which he will win easily. After the same questions from "The French", he will as always make it look like he is fading in the last couple of mountain stages when he is really not. Whatever he will win the Olympics or not, I don't know.

Vivani has a good chance of winning Milano-Sanremo and Kwiatkowski of winning and Ardennes classics or two. But in one-day races, you need some luck.

May 19, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
DirtyWorks said:
LeindersGains said:

LRP's a real wildcard. Four months of world dominating racing in 2015, then circumstances changed.

I've always thought LRP will be the first (outside JTL) to get popped. He has enough stupid in him to think he is indestructible but without the Sky bullet-proof positive armor he will get sloppy and go down.

When you watch him at Sky trying to beat up on everyone from French riders to 12 year kids on the side of the road you think this guy is ripe to bring his AICAR to the race.

Yeah. There are two possible scenarios for next year:

a.) He is going to suck badly without scientific™ assistance from Brailsford.
b.) He is being "too good" so he will either get busted from his early days with Uncle Bjarne or from a fresh positive test while riding for the BMC team..

I'd say it's 50/50.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
I reckon Porte will re-do Cadel. He'll come 2nd maybe, or top 5 for a few years, but only crack the big one if there's a lull and the top guys crash / injure / positive out of the race.

LRP seems more brittle than Evans. Not sure LRP also has the patience to wait for a lull. He could win a GT, but his character to me says nope.

Benotti69 said:
Dear Wiggo said:
I reckon Porte will re-do Cadel. He'll come 2nd maybe, or top 5 for a few years, but only crack the big one if there's a lull and the top guys crash / injure / positive out of the race.

LRP seems more brittle than Evans. Not sure LRP also has the patience to wait for a lull. He could win a GT, but his character to me says nope.

That would be quite a feat.

EDIT: Why did the rest of my post get erased? All I did was post a quote from his buddy Nick Gates that didn't paint Cadel's personality in a good light.

I see LRP and TJVG having mixed results next year and some leadership squabbles as a result. If Porte does fly too close to the sun then we all know one thing is for sure - no +ves will show up from his Sky years, even though he had his best form there.

The question is, will LRP go nuclear if he does get busted? If his ex teammates throw him to the wolves I think it's likely.

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Mikel Landa: "Next year I'm going all out, 100 percent"
Spanish climber talks about his move to Team Sky.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mikel-landa-next-year-im-going-all-out-100-percent/

Coz like, in 2015 I was only going 90% ya know?

roflcopters.

Gonna be great to discuss these riders in this thread now.
Yeah, now that he is over the cytomegalovirus he is totally ready. Although he wasn't too shabby 2015.

Did we know he had this virus last year? Is it the new badzhilla?

TRENDING THREADS