• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1495 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sky

Greatest. Doping. Excuse. Ever!

This beats out "the drugs were for my dog."

According to Sky, drug companies in the UK are in the habit of accidentally delivering PEDs to random people.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
I see chickens flying home and a roost patiently waiting for their landing.

Someone very kindly told me a couple of years ago there was a late night delivery to the team camp on a Wiggo training camp but what can you do with such believable but unprovable information?

Wait.

The earth is slow but the ox is patient.

Like the layers of an onion these are the peelings of Sky's "legacy". There will be tears.

I await my accidental testosterone patch delivery with much anticipation.

DamianoMachiavelli said:

According to Sky, drug companies in the UK are in the habit of accidentally delivering PEDs to random people.

So, so, so sweet to see the wheels coming off the Sky bus. How long has it taken? 5? 7? years to get here?

Is it too soon to merge the Froome thread with this one as the UCI's second global sporting fraud scheme?

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:

Someone very kindly told me a couple of years ago there was a late night delivery to the team camp on a Wiggo training camp but what can you do with such believable but unprovable information?

Wait.

Like the layers of an onion these are the peelings of Sky's "legacy". There will be tears.

A DW Return?!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:

Wait.

Great to see you back here and on twitter. There's enough popcorn and beer left, so go grab some. :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

DamianoMachiavelli said:

USPS just dropped off a package of AICAR what a mistake on their part.

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM you postal service!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of 'old' episodes the press need to revisit in light of the latest revelations.

1. Vuelta 2010, Team Sky falls sick, Txema dies.

2. Biarritz 2004, Millar gets arrested, Brailsford and Fran claim not to have known anything about Millar's doping, a claim supported by Millar of course.

3. The whole u23 British Cycling franchise in Quarrata, Tuscany, from 2005 (iinm) onwards.

4. Linda McCartney, obviously.

5. Brian's son Oliver at Team Sky.

6. Froome's bilharzia and 2007 Fax.

And a shitload more.

Re:

sniper said:
Plenty of 'old' episodes the press need to revisit in light of the latest revelations.

2. Biarritz 2004, Millar gets arrested, Brailsford and Fran claim not to have known anything about Millar's doping, a claim supported by Millar of course.

3. The whole u23 British Cycling franchise in Quarrata, Tuscany, from 2005 (iinm) onwards.

And a shitload more.

Is there a link to a good consolidation of this stuff? I've tried to make it through some of the threads, but there's a loooot in there. For example, the fax - what's the deal with that?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:

And a shitload more.

I read a quote somewhere that Fran was not surprised by her Bros doping saying the sport is full of it.

I have no doubt she was fully onside about that cultural aspect of the sport of professional cycling.

Re: Re:

VayaVayaVaya said:
sniper said:

And a shitload more.

Is there a link to a good consolidation of this stuff? I've tried to make it through some of the threads, but there's a loooot in there. For example, the fax - what's the deal with that?

the fax said that he used to get bullied by the bad boys in Switzerland...fatty froome they called him

"who ate all the toblerones" was another one shouted on training runs

gillan1969 said:
the fax said that he used to get bullied by the bad boys in Switzerland...fatty froome they called him

I thought it was him what was the bully, trying to get the others to dearest comrade for him like what they did in school in SA?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

yaco said:
blackcat said:
yaco said:
Question for Blackcat - As each day unfolds the similarities between the Sky Jiffy bag and the EFC 34 are unerring - Give me your opinion ?

I need to post again that Dr Freeman will be the ' fall guy ' for this episode - UKAD by publically leaking details of an on-going investigation are lining up Freeman to be charged with trafficking in prohibited substances.

As much as everyone thinks I am anti-British, and anti-Froome/Wiggins, and anti-Sky I am not.

because, it is my opinion, they are zero different.

put on the JohnNash economic Game Theory lens...

the only reason they are different, is because they have the resources behind them.

Switch Edita Rumsas, for Motoman/MichelleCound/Cope.

Switch Raimondas Rumsas, to the same circumstances, of Wiggins/Froome or Armstrong/Beloki/Ullrich. Rumsas wins multiple yellow jerseys too.

Essendon, were just bring PEDs more inhouse, in a more professional institutional structural program. Now, West Coast had something with Dean Capobianco's trainer in the late 80s and early 90s. Carlton(Carlton!) had a bodybuilding trainer who owns bodybuilding gyms, hardcore gyms, Tony Doherty! Probably Hawthorn had something going on in the 80s. Essendon was merely the structural program evolving. Soccer in Europe have had it for nigh on fifteen years before Hird ever became coach.

the paradox is, the Insider rule, they do nothing wrong, but the Outsider rule, where they have to navigate society's norms, criminal law, government supervision, PR, and fan support, that is a paradox that cannot possibly navigate, even Rudolph Nuryev walking and dancing the tightrope could not.

yes, I see parallels. I also do not think they are fundamentally any different to any other team. Even Essendon bringing it in house. I am assuming you are the Yaco on Bigfooty I speak to, well, if so, you tell me how Essendon are different from Port Adelaide and their Liverpool fitness trainer, Burgess, when he had them running on top of the ground, lean, losing weight, looked like Die Manneshaft. And North Melbourne have this 'magical' hamstring PhD physiotherapist. hehehehe

It is everyone.

Yes it's me from BF - It's good to see and discuss Anti-Doping from the prism of different sports - Similarities between Sky and EFC34 are

- Whistleblower/ behind the scenes murmurings led off investigation
- Rogue scientist/doctor
- Missing or incomplete paperwork
- Recrediting of banned substances to supplier

I have a different spin on this saga - I believe it's more damaging for BC as they seem to be front and centre in organising and storing the substances - You marry this up to how British track cyclists are ho hum between the Olympics and then go gangbusters at the Olympics - I can see a reduction in lottery money going to BC.

but they are not rogue. you know my bigfooty thesis. They are rogue inasmuch as Lance and Floyd are 'disgraced'. They are only inverted comma(apostrophe)talking mark rogue, "qua rogue". This "rogue", should be seen thru the "scapegoat" prism.

Floyd and Lance were not rogue. I have told Betsy that. I also think Dr Dank "dr", was not rogue.

They are not rogue. When they are caught, they become "rogue". It is only under such circumstances, when it comes time to pin blame on people, and create this scapegoat, they become rogue. The quality of rogueness is defined in being able to hide it from public view. They were paid to dope athletes. They did this successfully. Every shoe you buy from Nike... the system enables them. It underwrites and legitimises their action. Their bank balance is proof of this.

This is not my endorsement.

fmk_RoI said:
gillan1969 said:

I thought it was him what was the bully, trying to get the others to dearest comrade for him like what they did in school in SA?

a fair point...he probably would have fed their marmottes to a snake :)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/exclusive-team-sky-riders-consider-asking-brailsford-to-resign/
url says it all

Right now, for SDB personally, the best scenario is one where he takes the fall, gets sacked or resigns, whilst he takes the heat off his riders.
His job? *** it. Much more important is that the riders who won him four TdFs get to keep those TdFs.
If Wiggins and Froome would get properly exposed, he'd loose his job anyway.

So Brailsford will take the fall, and he will do so voluntarily, make no mistake.
But, mind: Sky will make it look like David Walsh and the riders pushed him out.
Once SDB's gone, Walsh et al. will continue to pretend that there were 'a few bad apples' that have now been taken care of, and everything's back to normal.

Brailsford's top priority now is to save those TdF wins, that he has so much money invested in. And they'll play a nice PR game along with it - the link you posted is part of that - where they try to make it look as if the rest of Team Sky is impeccable. Walsh is on board.

just my 2 cents of course.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Zypherov said:
If the Testosterone patches were sent by accident, and it's difficult to believe that they were, then it's extremely doubtful that it was an isolated incident of Testosterone usage.

Sky did not win because of testo or cortisone.

they needed to bump their crit by 5 points.

They could only do this with a version or epo, and blood transfusions.

They probably were using slin for their big hitters, and other stuff like IGF.

think lipotropin, GW, AICAR, plus regular epo microdose. You could see their urine assay, and work out #NOTnormal if you are a doping biochemist. You just would not have enough to prosecute them in a non-analytical mode.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
gillan1969 said:

he also wrestled anacondas, and fed them the guinea pigs from the kindergarten across the road.

PETA are launching a civil suit

gillan1969 said:
fmk_RoI said:
gillan1969 said:

a fair point...he probably would have fed their marmottes to a snake :)
Covered in Marmite too. Marmite marmottes - it even sounds delish.

blackcat said:
fmk_RoI said:
gillan1969 said:

he also wrestled anacondas, and fed them the guinea pigs from the kindergarten across the road.

PETA are launching a civil suit
Peta Todd? Jeeze, this is totally splitting along pro- and anti-Wiggo lines now.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/exclusive-team-sky-riders-consider-asking-brailsford-to-resign/
url says it all

"According to a source among the riders, the continued questions over the team's credibility have started to impact on performance.

"There is a concern over the impact that this may have on the current season and the distraction it is all causing for Dave Brailsford and the other management," a Team Sky rider told Cyclingnews."

Sky lost plenty of credibility long before this blew in, I think this is a foolish to ask the guy who oversaw their dodgy marginal gains, which could have very much been a systematic doping system to resign...this tells me the riders want to dump on Dr Freeman and Brailsford and all play innocent schoolboys, when indeed they all very well could have been complicit... Called saving one's own backside...