Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1611 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is a laugh and a half. Dropped several times on the descent burning matches to catch up. Then bang motor is put on and drops Yates and Almedia like they're Cat 3s
Not to mention the fact that he kept fighting though to the finish line after pulling off the front. That came after closing a big gap on the descent at least partly on his own and repeatedly closing more small gaps to stay with Bernal once he got back on as well.

While I don’t deny that Bernal is a very talented cyclist, I just can’t take anyone from Ineos seriously, not with so many suspicious (sometimes very obviously dirty) performances since they burst on to the scene a decade ago. I don’t find them any less suspicious or downright dirty like any of the strong teams of yesteryear like US Postal, Telekom, Festina, Kelme, Once, Fassa Bortolo, Rabobank, etc.

Reactions: Jaques
While I don’t deny that Bernal is a very talented cyclist, I just can’t take anyone from Ineos seriously, not with so many suspicious (sometimes very obviously dirty) performances since they burst on to the scene a decade ago. I don’t find them any less suspicious or downright dirty like any of the strong teams of yesteryear like US Postal, Telekom, Festina, Kelme, Once, Fassa Bortolo, Rabobank, etc.
You are correct and should be suspicious. The Ineos train drilling it climbs at like 6.9 - 7.1 w/kg demonstrates that there is still systematic team doping in our sport. It will always be if you want to win , simple. Its just the drugs and the doses have been more cared for by more educated team doctors nowadays. Also , there is no one reporter like David Walsh reporting on the "not normal" rides anymore, so everything gets washed away.

I believe the only way we will see any rider caught in a big doping scandal is if they become super sloppy in their dosages and regiment while at the same time, a UCI tester is super pissed off and has a vendetta against a group of riders that he or she wants to make an example out of.

Dec 2, 2020
You are correct and should be suspicious. The Ineos train drilling it climbs at like 6.9 - 7.1 w/kg demonstrates that there is still systematic team doping in our sport. It will always be if you want to win , simple. Its just the drugs and the doses have been more cared for by more educated team doctors nowadays. Also , there is no one reporter like David Walsh reporting on the "not normal" rides anymore, so everything gets washed away.

I believe the only way we will see any rider caught in a big doping scandal is if they become super sloppy in their dosages and regiment while at the same time, a UCI tester is super pissed off and has a vendetta against a group of riders that he or she wants to make an example out of.
I still don’t understand how the tests get passed though. If riders get tested immediately upon winning a stage or GT then how aren’t their values overboard or at least off from the passport? Even a quick IV in the team bus would be hard to fix the numbers to the right spot. Are the tests being handled corruptly in some way? Or is this really just micro dosing? Look at PDBF last year, shouldn’t that be an immediate pop?

I still don’t understand how the tests get passed though. If riders get tested immediately upon winning a stage or GT then how aren’t their values overboard or at least off from the passport? Even a quick IV in the team bus would be hard to fix the numbers to the right spot. Are the tests being handled corruptly in some way? Or is this really just micro dosing? Look at PDBF last year, shouldn’t that be an immediate pop?
Micro dosing, masking agents, new techniques. I don't think the testing is systematically corrupt, per se, but more like insufficient and not screening for the latest drugs.

Jun 15, 2021
What's going on with Ineos? Did management at Ineos tell the DS's to tone it down? Dave B not have the same sources for his "vitamins" as in previous years? Did the jiffy bag fiasco take its toll?

What's going on with Ineos? Did management at Ineos tell the DS's to tone it down? Dave B not have the same sources for his "vitamins" as in previous years? Did the jiffy bag fiasco take its toll?
They are still decently strong but they can't compete with the Middle East powers. Dave probably knows what is happening right now but probably don't wanna risk it.

I guess this finally confirms it; Ineos doesn't have the best doctors anymore :D

(Joking aside, I obviously feel sorry for Brailsford and anyone else who's diagnosed with cancer and/or has to deal with other possibly major health issues)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY