• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 898 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
kingjr said:
I'm more wondering whether you were actually thinking he could close that gap just like that on his own.

I have absolutely no doubt that he could...but got told to back off, to make things look more believable.... (he was just a minute down at the time)

zeamonkey said:
I have absolutely no doubt that he could...but got told to back off, to make things look more believable.... (he was just a minute down at the time)

Well honestly, if we're going for that theory and he was told to back off it was at the beginning, not while attempting to bridge. He cant bridge over 3 climbs on his own.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
lemoogle said:
Well honestly, if we're going for that theory and he was told to back off it was at the beginning, not while attempting to bridge. He cant bridge over 3 climbs on his own.

You have a better explanation for him being 3 min behind at this stage after yesterdays display?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
zeamonkey said:
You have a better explanation for him being 3 min behind at this stage after yesterdays display?

well I realize this is going to sound crazy, but could he be tired after yesterdays display? I've heard that happens sometimes when you work really hard.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
zeamonkey said:
You suggesting the rest didnt work really hard yesterday?
I'm suggesting that the rest might have kept something in reserve in defference to this being a 3 week race, or have better recovery, or some other non-conspiracy related explanation..

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Cerberus said:
I'm suggesting that the rest might have kept something in reserve in defference to this being a 3 week race, or have better recovery, or some other non-conspiracy related explanation..

Sorry, I find it hard to believe anyone was holding something back in yesterdays stage.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
zeamonkey said:
Sorry, I find it hard to believe anyone was holding something back in yesterdays stage.

You find it hard to believe that anyone would not sacrifice some seconds yesterday to keep from losing minutes today?

You likewise find it hard to believe that Richie Portes recubative abilities could possibly be inferior to that of (other) Tour favorites.

Presumably you also find it hard to believe that he's simpy having an off day?

That he could be sick?

that he, (if you insist on attributing every up and down to the race to doping related stuff) got a bad blood bag?

You find quite a number of things hard to believe don't you?

Just to be clear, I don't think Sky is clean, I just think the level of conspiracy theorizing that you sometimes see on the forum is ridicilous. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes an off day is just an off day - not proof of a doping related conspiracy.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Cerberus said:
You find it hard to believe that anyone would not sacrifice some seconds yesterday to keep from losing minutes today?

You likewise find it hard to believe that Richie Portes recubative abilities could possibly be inferior to that of (other) Tour favorites.

Presumably you also find it hard to believe that he's simpy having an off day?

That he could be sick?

that he, (if you insist on attributing every up and down to the race to doping related stuff) got a bad blood bag?

You find quite a number of things hard to believe don't you?

Just to be clear, I don't think Sky is clean, I just think the level of conspiracy theorizing that you sometimes see on the forum is ridicilous. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes an off day is just an off day - not proof of a doping related conspiracy.
Yes tragically i dont believe in miracles either......and for that im sorry LOL

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
If I was the other teams I'd stage a go slow protest. Just ride at 20km p/h. Let Sky ride away and win every stage. Let them fill the top 8 positions in every category. They will show ASO!

The Clinic needs to stop giving Sky ideas. I swear they read this and copied your tactic for themselves. Though they reversed the logic. :)

Go slow. Leave Froome alone. Upfront. Only him. Make everyone else look good. Even if only for a day, just do it.

Oh and I am almost certain now Porte was just promised a GT. So what will it be? Backoff and go for the Vuelta and peeve off Henao or go for the Giro next year?