• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 899 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
We know work in bike racing is bought and sold. Movistar has no GC hopefuls, so why not make hay while the sun shines?

Who was selling today and what did Movistar buy, because from where I was watching it failed.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Movistar were a little disappointing, in all honesty. Great work on dropping some of the Skyborgs, I suppose, but after that they did nothing. They were pacing for what, 100, 120km? And the group at the end was still around 20 in number. Sky reduced the peloton to a group of 4 after about 25-30km of pacing yesterday, most of which was downhill.

That was friggin' funny.

ASO know full well that a Sky massacre like yesterday is bad for business. There was an outcry from pretty much all who witnessed it. Only a team-wide 'collapse' the following day would allow the event to salvage some credibility, and so that's what Prudhomme ordered. Farcical. Even Liggett remarked on how Porte looked fine in the face as he slipped backwards.

Pro cycling is just a comedy for me now. If I'm not laughing at the sport, I'm laughing at the simpletons who actually think what they're seeing is real. LOL.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Chicken said:
ASO know full well that a Sky massacre like yesterday is bad for business.

I must admit, it seems like a script straight out of the NBA (perfected during the Jordan years). Win the first three of a seven game series, then inexplicably lose the next three. Ratings soar, profits explode, media frenzy ensues...and the Bulls win Game 7. :rolleyes:

The Chicken said:
That was friggin' funny.

ASO know full well that a Sky massacre like yesterday is bad for business. There was an outcry from pretty much all who witnessed it. Only a team-wide 'collapse' the following day would allow the event to salvage some credibility, and so that's what Prudhomme ordered. Farcical. Even Liggett remarked on how Porte looked fine in the face as he slipped backwards.

Pro cycling is just a comedy for me now. If I'm not laughing at the sport, I'm laughing at the simpletons who actually think what they're seeing is real. LOL.

My thoughts exactly. They sacrificed Porte and the whole Sky-setup today to save face and bring in some credibility given the reactions yesterday. That was the feeling, and it wasnt a pretty one indeed.

This was dirty and a shameful act.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Chaddy said:
CN should send you a free tinfoil hat when you make your first post in the clinic.

But some of them already have their own tin foil hat. They would see it as another conspiracy, evil Sky commanding CN to send out tin foil hats that don't really block out the evil MINDZ CONTROL RAYZ!!!!!

When he HDed at the Tour with Movistar though it was as a late replacement because of Soler's injury at the Tour de Suisse, he'd been on the road since early March, he'd just done the Giro (including the Sestrières win) and won the Route du Sud so he hadn't been resting up from the Giro either, and had a bad crash that day.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
zeamonkey said:
Yes tragically i dont believe in miracles either......and for that im sorry LOL

Yeah, clearly my crazed suggestion that it is possible that Porte's apparent bad day could be the result of something other than a conspiracy to conceal Sky's obvious doping puts me in the same cathegory as rabid Armstrong fans. :rolleyes:

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Whats the reason for Froome riding as fast as Armstrong if he isn't doping.

Because the Armstrong is not the SI unit for doping, perhaps?

And how fast do you believe Froome could have ridden yesterday if he did get put on a doping programme?

Impossible to tell. Doping rewards responders not talent.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
lemoogle said:
If movistar win would it also be a victory for Clean Cycling ;) ? or is clean cycling just clean Sky beating doped up spaniards.

If Quintana won, it would please me greatly.

If Valverde won, it would concern me.

See the difference?

p.s. and for what it's worth, Valverde actually comes across as a fun, decent, even humble guy any time I've seen him. As, to a very slightly lesser extent, does Berti. Which is exactly why i hate doping, in a nutshell.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
zeamonkey said:
You have a better explanation for him being 3 min behind at this stage after yesterdays display?

Is this not kind of what the phrase "jour sans" was invented for?

Last i checked, one of the things that riled Paul Kimmage was riders 'never having a bad day'. He wanted to see top riders have bad days; and also wanted to see riders like Martin win.

Bang. Martin wins (thank f***ing god for that!! sorry, irish moment!) Bang. Porte has a bad, no, an awful day, as do several other skyborgs. -

Are we happier? Are we f***!. Proof he's doping, I tells ya! Proof.

Oh this place is going to amuse over the next few weeks by god. Get in the popcorn.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Jimmyvickers is still a believer? lol who could have guessed
If climbing as fast as Armstrong doesnt do it then i guess nothing will, hell even a positive test probably wouldnt convince you by now

why cant garmin climb at 6.5w/kg clean by the way?

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
martinvickers said:
Is this not kind of what the phrase "jour sans" was invented for?

Last i checked, one of the things that riled Paul Kimmage was riders 'never having a bad day'. He wanted to see top riders have bad days; and also wanted to see riders like Martin win.

Bang. Martin wins (thank f***ing god for that!! sorry, irish moment!) Bang. Porte has a bad, no, an awful day, as do several other skyborgs. -

Are we happier? Are we f***!. Proof he's doping, I tells ya! Proof.

Oh this place is going to amuse over the next few weeks by god. Get in the popcorn.

Who's talking about proof? But if yesterdays stage was any INDICATION...well nuff said..

The Chicken said:
That was friggin' funny.

Spot on !! what a farce this Tour is ! it couldn't get more funny....even Sean Kelly said it was unbelieveable that Sky rode like they did yesterday and then fall out the back today.

It was more farcical than Djokovic throwing the 3rd set to Murray...didn't hit a ball in court.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Jimmyvickers is still a believer? lol who could have guessed
If climbing as fast as Armstrong doesnt do it then i guess nothing will, hell even a positive test probably wouldnt convince you by now

why cant garmin climb at 6.5w/kg clean by the way?

Do get the name right, septic.