• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1043 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
So Froome pulls out of TA, Porte pulls out suddenly due to illness, Henao withdrawn from racing due to anomalies, Wiggins losing shed loads of time anytime the roads goes up.

What is going on ?

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
SundayRider said:
So Froome pulls out of TA, Porte pulls out suddenly due to illness, Henao withdrawn from racing due to anomalies, Wiggins losing shed loads of time anytime the roads goes up.

What is going on ?

Whats going on is "not normal"

Saying the move is all about PR is missing the point. Everything is PR. Winning races, team talk about being cleans, Digger's twitter feed, its all PR for some idea. If a store is offering a sale on shoes they may not have my genuine interest as a consumer as their motivation, but at the end of the day te shoes are still on sale.

At the end of today, and doper got sidelined and old to back off.

The press release should not be the discussion. Henao should be the discussion, including the culture of his team, or his training buddies bck at home.

(Btw, if sky wants 'research' there are pleanty of quips by Kenyan coach DR. Canova about how research shows blood doping does not work for altitude native elite athletes...)

To me the g Thomas story is more interesting. Coming from supposed Nobel prize level training genius Shane Sutton, so it's not some none article by some journo
What the **** is that all about. From Geraint's own year group (1986) there are at least 10 riders who have shown themselves to be significantly more capable of winning the tour. They think G can just leapfrog all these guys and those from every other age group and win the tour. Why is Sutton saying this.:confused: Are they just bored? Did they have some bet in the sky camp, which ever rider wins the PlayStation tournament gets an article saying they can win the tdf? Is it feeler article they are putting out to the cycling press to see - how ridiculous does this sound, and then they will ask their journos - you think we can sell it, or would this be too far?
I can't believe they would actually go through with it. Then again I didn't think people would believe froome or Wiggins let alone both together, so I shouldn't underestimate people's capacity to believe this.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
To me the g Thomas story is more interesting. Coming from supposed Nobel prize level training genius Shane Sutton, so it's not some none article by some journo
What the **** is that all about. From Geraint's own year group (1986) there are at least 10 riders who have shown themselves to be significantly more capable of winning the tour. They think G can just leapfrog all these guys and those from every other age group and win the tour. Why is Sutton saying this.:confused: Are they just bored? Did they have some bet in the sky camp, which ever rider wins the PlayStation tournament gets an article saying they can win the tdf? Is it feeler article they are putting out to the cycling press to see - how ridiculous does this sound, and then they will ask their journos - you think we can sell it, or would this be too far?
I can't believe they would actually go through with it. Then again I didn't think people would believe froome or Wiggins let alone both together, so I shouldn't underestimate people's capacity to believe this.

Its so that he doesn't go from 'nothing' GT results wise to winning the Tour. If they talk up for a good while before it actually happens then it is less of a surprise.

The Hitch said:

He was at a press conference in Wales to promote the National Champs in Wales so obviously pushes the chances of a Welsh rider doing well. PR 101.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
JTL 2.0 coming up.
Cleans Colombian.
Could explain Uran's sudden lack of form. I know thats for another thread.

edit: I would be happy if another rider is busted, particularly a higher profiled person. Plenty of doping going on in the peloton and the anti doping unit needs to start catching the cheaters, not just the Sayars of this world.

ahahaha. most rididculous thing in this entire threat. what results did uran have last year until the giro? :eek:

May 12, 2010
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Its so that he doesn't go from 'nothing' GT results wise to winning the Tour. If they talk up for a good while before it actually happens then it is less of a surprise.

Yeah, makes sense. After Froome became a world beater from nowhere, they claimed they knew he had the talent all along. Obviously nobody believed them, among other reasons because they didn't talk about him on record of being such a great talent. Now they want to be ahead of the predicted result, when Thomas is the next average climber to become a great one, they can at least claim that they knew all along that he had the talent to do that.

bobbins said:
He was at a press conference in Wales to promote the National Champs in Wales so obviously pushes the chances of a Welsh rider doing well. PR 101.

Probably prompted by a question from a local journo "Can Geraint when the Tour de France?"

What's Sutton supposed to say "FFS he can't even complete a classic without stabilisers, how is going to win the Tour?"

May 12, 2010
Visit site
SundayRider said:

What is going on ?

What is going on with Dombrowski anyway? Kid hasn't raced a day this season.

bobbins said:
He said Thomas could win the tour de France:rolleyes:

That's not Pr 101. When Wales appoint their next football manager do you think he's supposed to say at the press conference - we are going to win the world cup in a few years. Everyone would burst out laughing and think he's joking and he probably get fired for not taking his job seriously.

Two observations:
1) The guys most likely to go to town on this are all currently sidelined.
(high blood pressure values)
2) Ryo will be lucky to survive the day without joining them.:D

Hate to say this, but if Sky's internal monitoring picked up on something missed by the AD boffins, (as currently seems likely) then Digger's tweet regarding the policing of the BP isn't far off the mark.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
sniper said:
could this be uci (/cookson) giving sky a chance to do as if they picked it up?

cooksoon has nothing to do. if it was that deep in love with Sky than Valverde/Contador/etc would be already busted by now.

seems weird why Sky are dragging so much **** on themselves when nobody asked them anything.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
cooksoon has nothing to do. if it was that deep in love with Sky than Valverde/Contador/etc would be already busted by now.
:confused:

seems weird why Sky are dragging so much **** on themselves when nobody asked them anything.
not weird if it is as i suggested. uci picking up anomalies and giving sky (or walsh) the chance to come forward themselves instead of being exposed.

It's interesting that Froome got his "back pain" and had to pull out of Tirreno at the same time this happens to Henao who was also supposed to race.

The language in the article is very inconclusive to me, but i am not a native english speaker so it might be me. In some parts it looks like it was caught by tests made by the UCI and communicated to team Sky, and in other parts it looks like the opposite.

One thing is for sure, this is another problem for the super clean team Sky and this time it's a rider much higher up on the team hierarchy than JTL.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
It's interesting that Froome got his "back pain" and had to pull out of Tirreno at the same time this happens to Henao who was also supposed to race.

The language in the article is very inconclusive to me, but i am not a native english speaker so it might be me. In some parts it looks like it was caught by tests made by the UCI and communicated to team Sky, and in other parts it looks like the opposite.

One thing is for sure, this is another problem for the super clean team Sky and this time it's a rider much higher up on the team hierarchy than JTL.

I've said it before - possibly in another thread - there is too many coincidences with Sky for them all to just be coincidences.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
SundayRider said:
I've said it before - possibly in another thread - there is too many coincidences with Sky for them all to just be coincidences.

If they aren't a coincidence, then what are they? Suddenly everyone at Sky gets caught at the same time? They know their secret doping product that only they use can suddenly be detected (and knew that in the case of Froome before the Tirreno, but in case of Porte only found out during the race?).

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Even teams with teamwide doping programs still have injuries and illness.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Lanark said:
If they aren't a coincidence, then what are they? Suddenly everyone at Sky gets caught at the same time? They know their secret doping product that only they use can suddenly be detected (and knew that in the case of Froome before the Tirreno, but in case of Porte only found out during the race?).

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Even teams with teamwide doping programs still have injuries and illness.

Wasn't just referring to these recent incidents, more all of the little things over the past couple of years - too many to mention.

TRENDING THREADS