• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1077 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ventoux Boar said:
I'm forensically challenged... Here's the podcast I was referring to: 15 minutes in. Walsh retells the tale of Richard Freeman, Sky Dr, reviewing Froome's pre-Vuelta data for irregularities.

The two events that we know of provoking Sky to review passports are JTL's charge, and Froome's 2011 Vuelta.:p

So Sky were able to check Froome's pre-Vuelta passport data internally and do 'every possible check' available, saw nothing untoward despite his being riddled with Bilharzia for 1.5-2.5 years, missed JTL because he didn't have data, ie according to Sky they couldn't have known any earlier than they did about JTL, but despite the fact that a 'panel of experts' would not have found out about JTL any earlier, they saw it necessary to hire a 'panel of experts' for future internal tests. And now they will hire a second panel of experts to explain the anomaly which the first panel of experts highlighted (and which would presumably have been missed by the same checks they did on Froome's data in 2011). OK

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
bewildered said:
Is there a source for the bolded part? So these 'experts' spotted the anomaly with Henao and now they need a second team of experts to explain away the anomaly? Any idea who the experts on this panel are?

I don't know of a primary source: more chatter in off-season (possibly in a Walsh piece :) ). But it fits with what we know of the JTL case. If the experts had convened in Winter 2012, they would have spotted JTL almost immediately if his anomalous level was set at 2012 Worlds.

I don't know enough about the Henao specifics to comment further on that.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
bewildered said:
So Sky were able to check Froome's pre-Vuelta passport data internally and do 'every possible check' available, saw nothing untoward despite his being riddled with Bilharzia for 1.5-2.5 years, missed JTL because he didn't have data, ie according to Sky they couldn't have known any earlier than they did about JTL, but despite the fact that a 'panel of experts' would not have found out about JTL any earlier, they saw it necessary to hire a 'panel of experts' for future internal tests. And now they will hire a second panel of experts to explain the anomaly which the first panel of experts highlighted (and which would presumably have been missed by the same checks they did on Froome's data in 2011). OK

The boys on the board were not too happy with Team Sky taking their brand for a spin on the global stage with an on -board unexploded bomb. A crack team of bomb-disposal experts were convened to calm boardroom jitters. Sound plausible?

As for specifics of the Henao tests, who knows?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
You better warn Taylor Phinney at BMC, not only is Sciandri there but also Cummings
indeed, it doesn't look good.
benotti has been hammering this down and it's the way it is:
some of slickest filthiest dopers have remained in and around the peloton supervising/introducing/educating what we're supposed to believe is a new young clean generation.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ventoux Boar said:
The boys on the board were not too happy with Team Sky taking their brand for a spin on the global stage with an on -board unexploded bomb. A crack team of bomb-disposal experts were convened to calm boardroom jitters. Sound plausible?

As for specifics of the Henao tests, who knows?

Plausible that they might want to appease the board after JTL, YES. But that rationale does not reconcile with Henao's case at all.

Why would Sky make a press release re a rider's 'anomalous' values and suspend him, when he hasn't broken any rules and WADA/UCI have no issue, if the board dictated that any 'unexploded bombs', which is exactly what Henao was, were to be diffused? Didn't do a very good bomb-disposal job. Could have pulled him until his values returned to normal and saved the cost of flying a 2nd panel of experts to Colombia to study the rider and a hell of a lot of brand-damaging press. If you believe in Sky then you must also admit that their story simply doesn't make any sense?

Plausible if you believe that Sky only commenced internal checks on riders after Sept 2013 and don't check riders like JTL pre-contract, which I don't.

Do you honestly believe Dr. Leinders never checked a Sky rider's blood values or at least directed that they be monitored?

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
bewildered said:
Why would Sky make a press release re a rider's 'anomalous' values and suspend him, when he hasn't broken any rules and WADA/UCI have no issue, if the board dictated that any 'unexploded bombs', which is exactly what Henao was, were to be diffused? Didn't do a very good bomb-disposal job. Could have pulled him until his values returned to normal and saved the cost of flying a 2nd panel of experts to Colombia to study the rider and a hell of a lot of brand-damaging press. If you believe in Sky then you must also admit that their story simply doesn't make any sense?

Plausible if you believe that Sky only commenced internal checks on riders after Sept 2013 and don't check riders like JTL pre-contract, which I don't.

Do you honestly believe Dr. Leinders never checked a Sky rider's blood values or at least directed that they be monitored?

Insufficient data, captain.

I think it's very interesting that Sky are saying, in terms, that they do less internal compliance monitoring than, say, Garmin. That's all. But it's a bizarre thing to lie about if you're frantically covering-up a scandal.

That's plenty for me to ponder without injections from "Dr dope".

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ventoux Boar said:
Insufficient data, captain.

I think it's very interesting that Sky are saying, in terms, that they do less internal compliance monitoring than, say, Garmin. That's all. But it's a bizarre thing to lie about if you're frantically covering-up a scandal.

That's plenty for me to ponder without injections from "Dr dope".
:confused:
they're doping, that's all.
it's been done before.
nothing frantic about it.
you're basically the only one making a big deal out of it, asking people to post theories, hypotheses, theorems.
hate to break it to ya, but there really isn't much to it.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know why Stannard wasn't doing MSR? Not seen an explanation anywhere so feared a Henao style withdrawal? Hoping there is at least a more innocent excuse.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
sniper said:
:confused:
they're doping, that's all.
it's been done before.
nothing frantic about it.
you're basically the only one making a big deal out of it, asking people to post theories, hypotheses, theorems.
hate to break it to ya, but there really isn't much to it.

Better take myself off to remedial Sunday school then. Perhaps stopping off to offer Ambassador Digger congratulations on the intelligence of his VO2 max campaign.

Way to go Digger :)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Actually Horner is racing Catalunya.

I thought he is injured... It seems it was a very minor tiny almost non-injury. So basically he was just "saving race days" for repeating his Vuelta tactics (as we all know nowadays, the new science is race less, get old, then explode)...

EnacheV said:
you post 100 words with 5-10 lies/inaccuracies/own whishfull thinking presented as facts

this is why i laugh all the time at clinic trolls and haters.

seriously, you wouldn't expect to be listen seriously when you post garbage like this.
5-10 lies inaccuracies ? really ? ("good job signor Cecchini" doesn't count as one ;))
Instead you're probably the one trolling a SKY thread in the Clinic. Why do you spend so much time here if you believe sky are clean if not for trolling ??

CycloAndy said:
I can't speak for him but surely both sides of the argument need to be put forward.
Yes probably but argument/discussion and trolling are 2 different things.

Did you get an answer about Stannard's absence at MSR ?
Combined to the defections of Froomey, Wiggo, Porte, Henao it's really a bad spell.
Maybe the guys forgot to wash their hands after their games with Orica GE (monaco based Goss and Gerrns also withdrew from MSR)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I thought he is injured... It seems it was a very minor tiny almost non-injury. So basically he was just "saving race days" for repeating his Vuelta tactics (as we all know nowadays, the new science is race less, get old, then explode)...

But no comment on Froome, who pulled out for a "back injury" and is now team leader at Catalunya?

"Saving race days" is not a strategy I've heard of before outside of some un-informed posts on this forum. Not buying it at all.

"Hiding because I'm glowing" is a well-known, well-documented strategy, particularly when organizations start sniffing around your team because one of your riders has tripped the bell.

Of course the "proven doper" Contador not only finished TA, but won it, including stage wins, subjecting himself to as much testing as possible in that race.

Trying to make sense of all that is going to be tough. Probably safe to be suspicious that anyone pulling out like that is either injured or glowing, and the guy who isn't pulling out isn't either injured or glowing. Making one guy the villain and ignoring the other top guys probably not terribly accurate, and in this case comes off as pretty hypocritical.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
lllludo said:
Combined to the defections of Froomey, Wiggo, Porte, Henao it's really a bad spell.

damn, i must have a mirage, i think i just saw Froome and Porte on live TV today.

also, i didn't knew that a rider schedule is a sign of doping. poor Stanard, he is doping because he is not doing MSR. Poor Swift he is doping because he is doing MSR.

lol

EnacheV said:
damn, i must have a mirage, i think i just saw Froome and Porte on live TV today.

also, i didn't knew that a rider schedule is a sign of doping. poor Stanard, he is doping because he is not doing MSR. Poor Swift he is doping because he is doing MSR.

lol

Illudo didn't say anything about Swift in that post. Was there something mentioned by Illudo in the past, or are you just creating more strawmen?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Illudo didn't say anything about Swift in that post. Was there something mentioned by Illudo in the past, or are you just creating more strawmen?

He said about Swift 3-4 pages ago, cba to digg it up

Strawmen is just for others desperately trying to get to a conclusion without any facts to backup. Only some performances and one doctor that was fired.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:
He said about Swift 3-4 pages ago, cba to digg it up

Strawmen is just for others desperately trying to get to a conclusion without any facts to backup. Only some performances and one doctor that was fired.

Well if you have the 'facts' why don't you enlighten us with them?

TRENDING THREADS