• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1308 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

bobbins said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Who is VeloUK?

Just a chamois sniffer who runs a results website.

Jtl was an ego signing by Dave B against the advise of his team. He was never going to improve from his endura days without getting on the program.
wonder whose idea it was to hire Leinders and Bartalucci.
Discussion of the latter has been completely overshadowed by the former, but Bartalucci too has a well-documented history of doping (see google, for instance :rolleyes: ), and one is again left wondering how a team as thorough as Sky could overlook it.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Singer01 said:
bobbins said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Who is VeloUK?

Jtl was an ego signing by Dave B against the advise of his team. He was never going to improve from his endura days without getting on the program.

JTLs issues were from before sky were they not?

They were but don't dare to mention that on here or you will be labelled a 'Skybot'.

Singer01 said:
bobbins said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Who is VeloUK?

JTLs issues were from before sky were they not?

only if you consider that training with them, riding as protected leader with a lot of the riders and the manager at the worlds and riding the worlds with their name emblazoned all over you is 'before' ...

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tiernan-locke-its-hard-to-see-a-worldtour-team-touching-me

“There has been heaps of stuff written but if I’d widened my appeal, if I had a few hundred grand kicking around and all but at the end of the day people are already going to have made their minds up and if I haven’t cheated and come back, that’s great and if I have cheated then they should be happy because in their eyes I’ve served my time. Either way, it’s not an issue for me.”

so JTL doesn't know if he doped or not, but either way we should be happy to have him back!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tiernan-locke-its-hard-to-see-a-worldtour-team-touching-me

“There has been heaps of stuff written but if I’d widened my appeal, if I had a few hundred grand kicking around and all but at the end of the day people are already going to have made their minds up and if I haven’t cheated and come back, that’s great and if I have cheated then they should be happy because in their eyes I’ve served my time. Either way, it’s not an issue for me.”

so JTL doesn't know if he doped or not, but either way we should be happy to have him back!
i think he's bitter, and understandably so.
why should he be doing time when froome and wiggins are living the dream.
it just doesn't seem right.

Hans Vandeweghe, famous sports journo/columnist, with a very intresting taek today.

He claims (he says he heard, doesn't mention sources) that Sky have been using an energydrink that costs 2700 € /liter since their rise these last couple years. The energyrink is called Delta G and is a nutraceutical based on Ketone.

Libertine Seguros said:
neineinei said:
I've not been in this thread for ages, which means I missed the above comment. Which is a shame, as I need to give it the kudos it deserves.

I read it as 'Turkey' the first time around.
That's actually a brilliant joke.

Re:

Billie said:
Hans Vandeweghe, famous sports journo/columnist, with a very intresting taek today.

He claims (he says he heard, doesn't mention sources) that Sky have been using an energydrink that costs 2700 € /liter since their rise these last couple years. The energyrink is called Delta G and is a nutraceutical based on Ketone.
Yeah he claims it was first used to prepare British athletes for the 2012 Olympics and also mentioned Mo Farrah among others. Heres the first part. (google translated)

KETONES. The new super petrol
With the Giro, the high mountains again and the riders of skin, bone, muscles, lungs and a lot of little fat. They seem ill, but perform like no other. How do they do it and have those Englishmen really a secret agent of 2.700 euros per liter?

There is a story circulating in the cycling peloton concering Team Sky that since 2011 they would send a courier to the home of riders with a special nutrition. No potatoes and vegetables, but a revolutionary energy drink, a kind of super petrol which you would simultaneously lose weight and get more energy. ΔG or DELTAG the name, it costs a bundle - 2,700 euro per liter, if it was even on the market, wich it isnt. Sky would use it as the only team in the peloton, as part of a special nutrition program that was set up for the London Games. Ketones are the active ingredient of ΔG, which is no doping, but which belongs to the nutraceuticals. That is a contraction of food (nutrition) and medicine (pharmaceuticals). Functional food so eat it pursues a specific purpose in the body.

The energy drink was invented at the University of Oxford, in particular, of the Clarke Group, named after Professor Kieran Clarke, who led the investigation into ketones. After a few minor references on specialized websites, ketones is kept under the radar, which plays into the hands of the men of Sky. On asking for further explanation about their ketonendrankje already was no answer.

It's a super petrol, a secret agent? The fact is that they already suspect Sky 'something' extra. That is partly due to the toned Chris Froome: put them in rags on a boat on the sea and he gets asylum for humanitarian reasons. Therefore asked the whole peloton in 2013 where cycling skeleton hell had taken away that power, 23 days at a stretch, to win the Tour?

Very insightful piece.

https://hansvdw1.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/verhaal-over-ketonen-en-magerzucht-bij-wielrennen-in-de-morgen-van-9-mei-2015/

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
It's certainly interesting. Given the dispersal of key Sky riders and back office staff from 2012, it's no longer a secret. And whilst I would concur that a 2% improvement would make a difference, Wiggo was 2.5 minutes faster than 5th place in that final 2012 TT. The same difference between him and Vino that he ranted against in 2007, after Vino got popped.

2.5 minutes in a 1 hour TT is more than 2% in terms of time, and significantly more than 2% in terms of power.

#notnormal

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the interesting part is that apparently there's a rumor circulating in the peloton that Sky have been using stuff different from the other teams to prepare for the 2012 Games, stuff that helps you loose weight and gain power...
Replace 'ketone energy drink' with, say, aicar, and thinks start making sense.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Clarke Group (Oxford University, i.e. the group that allegedly developed this miracle sports drink) happens to specialize in metabolism and fatty acid-related disorders, exactly where drugs like aicar come into the picture.
http://www.dpag.ox.ac.uk/research/clarke-group

"We use magnetic resonance (MR) techniques with biochemical, physiological and molecular techniques to detect energetic and functional changes in heart and skeletal muscle and determine whether interventions, such as diet and exercise, reverse the abnormalities."

TRENDING THREADS