• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1328 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2015
Visit site
We don't know how much money they pump into the sport, but I'm pretty sure that Murdoch is richer than all the main sponsors combined. A nut like Oleg Tinkov is a tiny fly in the game of money.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LeindersGains said:
Question: Is News Corp. the largest financial sponsor cycling ever had? Larger than the US Postal?

It could explain Sky's rise to power, influence, victories and achievements.

it definitely has a global reach which UCI was pushing big time, Qatar and China.....

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

sniper said:
StinkFist said:
sniper said:
without tv these days.
could anybody point me to a decent video summary of this stage?
i'd be much obliged.
(CN had video summaries of the Giro stages, but not of the TdF it seems...)

SteepHill has some nice summaries for you......

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/vidme/?title=Last+7+Km+of+Stage+3&dashboard=tour-de-france&id=pREs&yr=2015
cheers, appreciate it! (and works fine)

;)

I'm TV-Less as well, by choice.

Nice to wake up in the morning and have 30 - 40 mins of highlights to catch up on from overnight.

GF has Sky TV, so I have a backup and will Def be watching tonights "Stones" stage live :D

OK, back on topic.

Re:

the sceptic said:
Landa to sign for sky? loll

I think one of the first things that really made me doubt Vaughters as a manager was way back in 2009 when it was reported he was trying to sign Contador after that year's TdF, where his ascent of Verbier was so thermonuclear my only frame of reference would be something like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba - if you're trying to run a clean team you don't sign riders doing blatantly doped performances.

And now apparently Sky want to sign the 2015 equivalent of Ricco :)

vedrafjord said:
the sceptic said:

I think one of the first things that really made me doubt Vaughters as a manager was way back in 2009 when it was reported he was trying to sign Contador after that year's TdF, where his ascent of Verbier was so thermonuclear my only frame of reference would be something like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba - if you're trying to run a clean team you don't sign riders doing blatantly doped performances.

:confused:

Now?

You do know back in 2009 when Vaughters was trying to sign Contador, Brailsford signed Wiggins

who on that very same Verbier climb
Wigginsverbier_zps1cdb7f1c.png

And you think its only now when they try to sign Landa that it is dodgy?

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Landa will be a tough sell in regards the ZTP in the non-Murdoch owned media.

After all even the average Mirror reader knows Astana is full of dopers.

The average Mirror reader will have never heard of Astana along with 98% of the British population.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
It's ok I asked Walsh about it. He hasn't replied yet, I'm sure he's doing some work on the issue. After all I'm assuming that Landa was one of the guys that made the Giro unwatchable for him.

vedrafjord said:
the sceptic said:

Sky signed "Ferrari" Mick "Freiburg" Rogers. And tried to sell as clean a GT where self-same "Ferrari" Mick "Freiburg" Rogers was riding GT podium riders off the wheels of his three amigos sitting in his tyre tracks in total serenity.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Pre and post reasoned decision are different eras for that ZTP.

I doubt they would get away with signing Rogers these days.

Why, who is gonna call them on it?

No one in the media is digging on Froome and that is way more obvious than anything in years!

Bernie's eyesore said:
Catwhoorg said:
Landa will be a tough sell in regards the ZTP in the non-Murdoch owned media.

After all even the average Mirror reader knows Astana is full of dopers.

The average Mirror reader will have never heard of Astana along with 98% of the British population.
The average Mirror journalist will have never heard of Astana the city let alone Astana the cycling team.

TRENDING THREADS