• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1329 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
vedrafjord said:
the sceptic said:
Landa to sign for sky? loll

I think one of the first things that really made me doubt Vaughters as a manager was way back in 2009 when it was reported he was trying to sign Contador after that year's TdF, where his ascent of Verbier was so thermonuclear my only frame of reference would be something like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba - if you're trying to run a clean team you don't sign riders doing blatantly doped performances.

And now apparently Sky want to sign the 2015 equivalent of Ricco :)
:confused:

Now?

You do know back in 2009 when Vaughters was trying to sign Contador, Brailsford signed Wiggins

who on that very same Verbier climb

And you think its only now when they try to sign Landa that it is dodgy?

Think you misread my post because I don't "think it's only now" anything.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The fact that sky are even interested in signing Landa should be the final nail in the coffin for anyone who thinks zero tolerance policy was actually a real thing.

I mean, it was only a few months ago that brailsfraud was asking questions about astana, and now he is going to sign their most suspect rider?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Pretty funny that Sky's #1 fanboy couldn't watch/enjoy the Giro because of certain riders. Now he'll be writing articles fawning over one of them.

Re:

Walsh better keep up because things moving fast, as Froome told us just the other day this era will stand the test of time and sir Dave is on the brink of recruiting dawgs own Roberto Heras. He simply cant go on like before.

I suspect a bit of a syntax error for the poor chap.

No_Balls said:
Walsh better keep up because things moving fast as Froome tells us just the other day this era will stand the test of time and sir Dave is on the brink of recruiting dawgs own Roberto Heras. He simply cant go on like before.

Has anyone asked Walsh his thoughts on this on twitter? I would, but you know... :rolleyes: /blocked

May 26, 2009
Visit site

heart_attack_man said:
No_Balls said:
Walsh better keep up because things moving fast as Froome tells us just the other day this era will stand the test of time and sir Dave is on the brink of recruiting dawgs own Roberto Heras. He simply cant go on like before.

Has anyone asked Walsh his thoughts on this on twitter? I would, but you know... :rolleyes: /blocked

I asked him a few days ago, but got no reply. Not been blocked though.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
good news everyone. The campervan is still providing marginal gains!

The much-discussed motorhome of Team Sky remains a factor in the endless quest for marginal gains with the British team. Director sportif Servais Knaven explained to Cyclingnews that the team is now using it for meetings and when possible to provide riders with the comfort of a single room.

Team Sky is still making the best of its motorhome at this Tour de France, however, although it’s unclear whether there are one or two vehicles in use. The team appears to be using them for meetings, as breakfast and dining room and as dorms for their staff, freeing up space that allows some riders to have their own rooms.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Richie Porte peaks during training on the Madone in March (1 minute faster than Armstrong)and in July loses 3:08 on a 2k climb during the Tour.......

pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Benotti69 said:
Richie Porte peaks during training on the Madone in March (1 minute faster than Armstrong)and in July loses 3:08 on a 2k climb during the Tour.......

Anyone not needed should cruise that climb to save as much as possible for the TTT the following day.

thanks DearWiggo, sometimes intelligence prevails
Yep. Glad to see a few people have realised that Porte's race doesn't start in earnest until the TTT, same as Poels Roche and Konig.

TRENDING THREADS