• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1407 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
soon they will have four engineers, one wrench

and a wrench is the american parlance, it is idiom for mechanic, so what I am really saying, four electrical and mechanical engineers, only one mechanic, no doctors, no embrocations, no need to Freddy Viaene's massage oils or massage balms.

can someone please tell me the difference what the difference is between a Freddy Viaene massage oil, and a Freddy Viaene massage balm.

and what is a embrocation for chrissakes. someone?

May 19, 2015
Visit site
And as I predicted, Porte is done. Down Under was his last race on the top.

He will fail in Paris-Nice and even more in Catalunya. And DNF in the second or third week of the Tour.

Re:

bobbins said:
The team has 4 doctors and one medical assistant. What on earth is wrong with their riders that means they need 4 doctors? Each race they attend has a medical team in attendance so they have no need to be at races.

Dimension data has 3 doctors and 1 Dr. Head of Perf. Support & Medical
Trek has 4 doctors
Etixx has 4 doctors
Lotto Soudal has 7 people in medical staff
Tinkoff has 6 doctors/therapists
etc etc

Re: Re:

pastronef said:
bobbins said:
The team has 4 doctors and one medical assistant. What on earth is wrong with their riders that means they need 4 doctors? Each race they attend has a medical team in attendance so they have no need to be at races.

Trek has 4 doctors
Etixx has 4 doctors
etc etc
so... basically all dope just about the same :cool:

glassmoon said:
pastronef said:
bobbins said:

Trek has 4 doctors
Etixx has 4 doctors
etc etc

yes, maybe Bobbins didn't have a look at other team's staff and just shouted WOW 4 doctors for Sky! :rolleyes:

pastronef said:
glassmoon said:
pastronef said:
bobbins said:

Trek has 4 doctors
Etixx has 4 doctors
etc etc

yes, maybe Bobbins didn't have a look at other team's staff and just shouted WOW 4 doctors for Sky! :rolleyes:

Isn't this the Sky thread? Apologies for being on-topic ;)

pastronef said:
bobbins said:
pastronef said:

Isn't this the Sky thread? Apologies for being on-topic ;)

yes it is. since almost all teams have 3-4 doctors I didnt see the reason to ask what's wrong with their riders

I'm just surprised that a team has 4 doctors, does it really matter what other teams do? Why would a team, any team need 4 doctors? Doping isn't going away so maybe the UCI should make it tougher for teams to enable doping? What would a team with a zero tolerance policy for doping need 4 doctors for?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

thehog said:
sniper said:
from a ZTP pov, the signing of Poels and Intxausti never made much sense either.
well, two of many Sky signings that make no sense, unless your aim is to recruit obvious dopers.

Was the ZT policy ever written down somewhere or even published what it actually is? Does anyone know?

Or is it the ZFP?

No. I asked, often and received no reply.
In the same way I asked for the Garmin policy and received no reply.

It's policy theatre, please sign on the dotted line.

Sep 29, 2012
Re: Sky

pastronef said:
I quote from another thread

LaFlorecita said:
I feel like I've explained my position many times already but oh well.
I don't dislike Sky because (I think) they dope. I dislike them because of their dominance, their massive hypocrisy, their lies, their bullying and because they are an insult my intelligence and take the fans for fools.

why so many people are bothered with what the other fans and public think and see?

Flo did not say other fans.

Flo is a fan.

Sky ask Flo to believe them.

Flo looks at Sky claims and general race etc evidence and says, "WTF are you fcking kidding me goddamnit gimme a puppy pic, stat!" Better make it animated.

The fans are the people who are not Sky narrative swallowers. They are the ones Flo dislikes Sky taking for fools. The ones with their eyes open.

Not other fans.

Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:

LaFlorecita said:
I don't dislike Sky because (I think) they dope. I dislike them because of their dominance, their massive hypocrisy, their lies, their bullying and because they are an insult my intelligence and take the fans for fools.

why so many people are bothered with what the other fans and public think and see?

Flo is a fan.

Flo looks at Sky claims and general race etc evidence and says, "WTF are you fcking kidding me goddamnit gimme a puppy pic, stat!" Better make it animated.

The fans are the people who are not Sky narrative swallowers. They are the ones Flo dislikes Sky taking for fools. The ones with their eyes open.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK
Sky cast their narrative and so on
if someone dont like it and knows it´s bullshyz, should not be bothered with that. ignore that, instead of getting angry or crying wolf or being bothered about the FANS intelligence.
I said OTHER, meaning fans that are not ME or FLO (since I quoted Flo´s post)

but that´s my subjective view on the matter.

Sep 29, 2012

pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:

LaFlorecita said:

Flo is a fan.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK
if someone dont like it and knows it´s bullshyz, should not be bothered with that. ignore that, instead of getting angry or crying wolf or being bothered about the FANS intelligence.

Cool goalpost shifting.

pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:

LaFlorecita said:

Flo is a fan.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK

That's right. They don't ask, they spout their line as if it is canon. They then complain when they get called out because not everyone subscribes to it.

Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:

LaFlorecita said:

Flo is a fan.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK

Cool goalpost shifting.

I really dont know where you want to go
it's not like I am a blind UK fan since 2012 who believes in fairytale and affirm they win clean (and moans everytime some dirty non-british cheater beats them. I am not even British, I'm Italian)
they not clean, they not beating other teams while clean.
but if somebody BELIEVES THAT, wtf, let 'em believe.
we know how Sky narrative works.
their mistake is keeping on with their PR spin
I wished they kept their mouths shut as the other big teams
or maybe not
this way is funnier
:D

pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:

LaFlorecita said:

Flo is a fan.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK

oddly enough, it still surprises anyone. people won't stop getting angry as hate for sky or any certain riders is an additional reason to follow the sport and then it's so sweet to post something like 'lol porte' or 'lmao froome' when they fail. it's as big source of joy as a favorite rider winning. many many fans are being driven by low emotions on here. a given. what could be simpler than saying 'heck, a rider i strongly dislike insults my fan intelligence'. Emotions prevail upon intellect is what the forum board based on. ;) :p