• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1411 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

deeno1975 said:
Wrinkley, you must be hiding in the corner going, WTF, Thomas's performance must even make you wence!!!

No, no wencing or even wincing. I celebrate and if you think he was not a genuine prospect and it was not a natural progression I suggest you consider his palmares. I am not about to repeat them, so take the trouble to look them up on Wikipedia if you need to.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
Wrinkley, you must be hiding in the corner going, WTF, Thomas's performance must even make you wence!!!

No, no wencing or even wincing. I celebrate and if you think he was not a genuine prospect and it was not a natural progression I suggest you consider his palmares. I am not about to repeat them, so take the trouble to look them up on Wikipedia if you need to.

You come across as an intelligent, honourable sort and if you think that "G" dropping Contador on a climb at the business end of a week long tour is normal then I fear that cycling and sport really has no hope. Seriously, today's result puts cycling in the realms of wrestling. British blind faith is no excuse. Farcical.

deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

You come across as an intelligent, honourable sort and if you think that "G" dropping Contador on a climb at the business end of a week long tour is normal then I fear that cycling and sport really has no hope. Seriously, today's result puts cycling in the realms of wrestling. British blind faith is no excuse. Farcical.
So you think Contador is the same operator he used to be? I don't think he can do what he used to, but that's another story. And don't forget G was fifth overall last year despite supporting Porte and also crashing on stage 6.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

So you think Contador is the same operator he used to be? I don't think he can do what he used to, but that's another story. And don't forget G was fifth overall last year despite supporting Porte and also crashing on stage 6.

His career trajectory predicts nothing like what has happened in the last 2 years, take off your blinkers and see what a joke Sky has made of of cycling... If Sky was Russian you would be laughing at them, make them British and you cheer on waving the flag. Sky cycling is a mockery and you know it ... (You're too smart Wrinkly to be taken for this charade)

deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

His career trajectory predicts nothing like what has happened in the last 2 years, take off your blinkers and see what a joke Sky has made of of cycling... If Sky was Russian you would be laughing at them, make them British and you cheer on waving the flag. Sky cycling is a mockery and you know it ... (You're too smart Wrinkly to be taken for this charade)
Your doubtful and somewhat mixed compliment is very kind but I reserve the right to my own opinion and to decide who I doubt and who I don't. I don't particularly doubt Sky despite all the massed Clinic views but I don't need to justify it. I only bothered to reply because I saw you thought it would be fun to wind me up. Now I have something else to do so cheerio for now. :)

May 14, 2010
Visit site

deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

Back during the Blue Train domination, the USA was full of enthusiastic cycling fans who knew that cyclists dope but who insisted that LA and the Blue Train were "clean" - the real deal. Their interest in cycling began with Armstrong and ended with Armstrong. Sky - SSDD, different country.

deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

So you remember stage 7 of the 2009 Paris-Nice too, my friend. :)

oldcrank said:
deeno1975 said:
wrinklyvet said:
deeno1975 said:

So you remember stage 7 of the 2009 Paris-Nice too, my friend. :)

I fail to see why that stage is even relevant :rolleyes:

Re:

peloton said:
I can't wait when Sagan drops Nairo on a HC climb to hear Sky fans logic on that :)

*very unlikely to ever happen, of course

Why would any Sky fan even respond to that comment? What's it got to do with Sky? If you want to make a comparison of another Sagan-esqe Sky rider dropping Quintana then fine; put Swift dropping Quintana into your baiting equation.

But like you said "very unlikely to ever happen" so logic is safe for another day.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

dolophonic said:
Super G defo looks a little sus to me.. rides classics like a beast then switches to a mountain goat -

G was THE engine in the TP.

but shoutout to Ed Clancy for his phenomenal starts

they were awesome at pulling the Australians pants down

Re:

peloton said:
I can't wait when Sagan drops Nairo on a HC climb to hear Sky fans logic on that :)

ah yes, Nairo. rode San Luis in January and stayed in Colombia (who´s even more far away that South Africa)

I didnt hear anybody complain about where he trains and how often he races
yes, he rode Colombian nationals too
;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

peloton said:

Have you bothered to read the Quintana thread?

Have you read the Sagan thread?

Can you point to where lots are arguing they are clean?

This is cycling and can you point to where the 'culture of doping' has been quashed, by say consistent, repetitive, rigid and vigorous independent testing or to other reasons the culture to dope has abated?

29 year old cyclists starts climbing like a mountain goat as he demonstrated his ability on the track for years.

Benotti69 said:
peloton said:

This is cycling and can you point to where the 'culture of doping' has been quashed, by say consistent, repetitive, rigid and vigorous independent testing or to other reasons the culture to dope has abated?

29 year old cyclists starts climbing like a mountain goat as he demonstrated his ability on the track for years.
I think you misunderstood peloton's post.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Benotti69 said:
peloton said:

I think you misunderstood peloton's post.

No he was just obfuscating.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Benotti69 said:
No he was just obfuscating.
Peloton is not a Sky fan.

Cheers FLo.

Sky thread. No need to discuss Sagan or Quintana.

G Thomas was not a GT contender till last year when he 'miraculously' found a set of climbing legs, lost the fat or just found another gear on that big engine he always had on the track.