• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1527 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
Just a thought - the skinsuit controversy could be a nice distraction from something more nefarious

4 riders in top-10? Froome 3kph faster than the other GC contenders on the final straight part? Hmm...

So you think Sky themselves created this controversy?

A controversy where L'equipe brands them as cheats and the whole France sees it.
Now, thats a crazy notion. :lol:

You dont think Sky are responsible for their own narrative?

I have not seen the latest Pro cycling team come out with loads of interviews about new team, new ideas, new methods, new policies, which basically says everyone else is doping and we are the squeaky cleanest of the clean oh and we never lie!

Stop drinking the koolaid!!!! :lol:

Sky are cheating, that much is proven. It is USPS all over again, where those in power are protecting the team for as long as is possible. When that no longer becomes possible, they will get thrown under the bus!!!

isn't everyone?

See how easy that was. Yes, everyone is cheating, but that doesn't make it ok and when teams and riders claim they are clean they get shot down for it in the clinic. More than Sky threads in here, have a look ;)

Re:

hrotha said:
If you think today was remarkable, you were going to post here regardless of what happened.

Kwiatkowski very impressive but after that the sky domestiques dropped off surprisingly quickly leaving Froome to take matters into his own hands (what happened to Henao and Landa?) Obviously not exactly evidence on cleanliness or otherwise but I'm yet to be convinced that we're going to see a procession round France.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
If you think today was remarkable, you were going to post here regardless of what happened.

I did not use the word remarkable.

edit; 'here Team Sky are, having made what Sir Dave says is their best start to a Tour de France.'

Brailsford thinks it is remarkable.

So why attack the poster? :rolleyes:

I will go after those who shout loudest about being cleanest. See JV thread. :)

The WT is still dirty top to bottom. Sky are the biggest fish. Why shoot small fish when the fish rots from the head.

simoni said:
hrotha said:

Kwiatkowski very impressive but after that the sky domestiques dropped off surprisingly quickly leaving Froome to take matters into his own hands (what happened to Henao and Landa?) Obviously not exactly evidence on cleanliness or otherwise but I'm yet to be convinced that we're going to see a procession round France.

The difference this year is Aru rode faster than Froome’s 2012 ride. BMC were super strong setting the pace faster than the expected time of arrival. Froome is much the same as his team, the difference is a few others have woken up and dialed their watts to be the same if not better than Sky. The sad part is the route this year is largely flat and very boring Wiggins styled Tour.

I suspect with Landa they are holding him back for the final week and letting him rest the first two weeks after his Giro.

Actually, I thought that Sky was going slow considering that the size of the group was pretty big until Aru attacked, but I was really surprised that Aru went faster than Froome in 2012. Looks like everyone upped their game since then, considering that 12 people went faster than Zubeldia, who was 6th on 2012.

I just think that they messed up with their pace, and they will be fine on the later part of the race.

Re:

burning said:
Actually, I thought that Sky was going slow considering that the size of the group was pretty big until Aru attacked, but I was really surprised that Aru went faster than Froome in 2012. Looks like everyone upped their game since then, considering that 12 people went faster than Zubeldia, who was 6th on 2012.

I just think that they messed up with their pace, and they will be fine on the later part of the race.

What got me was after Contador was dropped, he managed to bring a group back up to Froome. BMC did smash the pace most of the stage and Sky weren't as strong. But it is clear they are saving Landa for week 2/3.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Rollthedice said:
They didn't expect Aru's nuclear attack so they let Landa and Henao rest thinking, quite right, that Thomas can handle Richie, Contador and Quintana. Mont du Chat will be a different ballgame.
I dont think they tried to catch Aru- Froome let him go and the only reason the group caught Froome/Porte group was the slow down as Froome didn't want to tow them to the top.
Aru wont get the leeway to do it again as on that form probably the danger man and called it out on the wrong stage. Contador too old, Quintana not on it at all,Porte and Martin look dangerous but neither of them have form for winning over three weeks....leaves Aru( we wont mention the frenchman-no chance), who announced it too early in the tour. at least that's how I read it.

noddy69 said:
Rollthedice said:
They didn't expect Aru's nuclear attack so they let Landa and Henao rest thinking, quite right, that Thomas can handle Richie, Contador and Quintana. Mont du Chat will be a different ballgame.
I dont think they tried to catch Aru- Froome let him go and the only reason the group caught Froome/Porte group was the slow down as Froome didn't want to tow them to the top.
Aru wont get the leeway to do it again as on that form probably the danger man and called it out on the wrong stage. Contador too old, Quintana not on it at all,Porte and Martin look dangerous but neither of them have form for winning over three weeks....leaves Aru( we wont mention the frenchman-no chance), who announced it too early in the tour. at least that's how I read it.

Yeah too much Virenque over Aru. Showing his cards too early and then gets caught up with the sole focus of winning stages (or the polka jersey) only. It was a polite way of calling someone stupid back in the days.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

noddy69 said:
Rollthedice said:

This could be Dan Martin's year. OPQS are a strong team and might have given Martin that extra 'attention' for a GT.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
Just a thought - the skinsuit controversy could be a nice distraction from something more nefarious

4 riders in top-10? Froome 3kph faster than the other GC contenders on the final straight part? Hmm...

So you think Sky themselves created this controversy?

A controversy where L'equipe brands them as cheats and the whole France sees it.
Now, thats a crazy notion. :lol:

You dont think Sky are responsible for their own narrative?

I have not seen the latest Pro cycling team come out with loads of interviews about new team, new ideas, new methods, new policies, which basically says everyone else is doping and we are the squeaky cleanest of the clean oh and we never lie!

Stop drinking the koolaid!!!! :lol:

Sky are cheating, that much is proven. It is USPS all over again, where those in power are protecting the team for as long as is possible. When that no longer becomes possible, they will get thrown under the bus!!!

isn't everyone?

See how easy that was. Yes, everyone is cheating, but that doesn't make it ok and when teams and riders claim they are clean they get shot down for it in the clinic. More than Sky threads in here, have a look ;)

So if Sky didn't shout out loud they are clean you wouldn't have a problem with them?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
So if Sky didn't shout out loud they are clean you wouldn't have a problem with them?

I have a problem with cheating and that includes doping.

Sky shouted the loudest, so they get the most flak. Not hard to figure. Same as Armstrong when he raced if you are old enough to remember that :lol:

Sky did a lot of PR work to say they were going to be different, clean, no doping, no ex dopers, no doping doctors yada yada...so when they got found out of course they were going to get tons of flak, then to take grupetto fodder and turn them into tour winners adds extra incoming flak.

Sky still doing the PR work ;)

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:

I have a problem with cheating and that includes doping.

Sky shouted the loudest, so they get the most flak. Not hard to figure. Same as Armstrong when he raced if you are old enough to remember that :lol:

Sky did a lot of PR work to say they were going to be different, clean, no doping, no ex dopers, no doping doctors yada yada...so when they got found out of course they were going to get tons of flak, then to take grupetto fodder and turn them into tour winners adds extra incoming flak.

Sky still doing the PR work ;)

"Never tested positive"! :D

TRENDING THREADS