• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1547 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggins wants names:
UKAD’s findings this morning have left me with a series of my own questions;

- Where did the information come from to launch the investigation?
- Who was the source?
- What exactly did that person say and to whom?
- Why did UKAD deem it appropriate to treat it as a credible allegation?
- Surely it is now in the public interest to reveal this source?
- Why has it taken so long for these conclusions to be drawn?
- How much tax payers money has been spent so far on this investigation?

Hope this cost Wiggins thousands for some PR company to put out.

Brand Wiggins is taking a hammering. No TV shows want him at the moment......

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

70kmph said:
Lack of accurate medical records, funny

Who is go to keep doping records, sure I gave this rider EPO and some testosterone then I kept this recorded in case an investigation needs to see it...

I guess professionals keep records. Wouldn't want to kill athletes now would we?

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggins wants names:

- Who was the source?

he earned enough, dont worry

May 26, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggins wants names:

- Who was the source?

he earned enough, dont worry

I doubt it. Rock star lifestyles cost a few lids....Wiggins didn't earn that much.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You have got to laugh at Wiggins issuing a long statement, straightout of the Armstrong/Bruyneel handbook.

As plenty have said. Lots of unanswered questions and lies which dont point to anything other than team doping.

Sorry Bradley, dearie, try better next time.

MatParker117 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Wiggins wants names:

- Who was the source?

If Wiggo does go after UKAD, there's a good chance a judge will force them to tell him. As for why he can't go after Sky there is likely a bevy of clauses in his old contract that prevents such action.

eh why would he go after sky? they didn't try to bring charges against him...Honestly pie in the sky stuff from some

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sky

Numerous sites report his earnings for 2012 as 3 million and his net worth today as 13 million...i bet he's absolutely gutted about his cycling career...most of the clinic would fold on their morals for even a fraction of that. :lol:

deviant said:
Numerous sites report his earnings for 2012 as 3 million and his net worth today as 13 million...i bet he's absolutely gutted about his cycling career...most of the clinic would fold on their morals for even a fraction of that. :lol:

He is well off but he lost his tax haven when that was uncovered. Not sure about his earning potential after all this. but I don’t think UK bots care.

Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
The irony of The Clinic - Expecting politician's to get to the bottom of this matter - The same politician's who have silently allowed these abuses to happen - You are desperate when you 'hang your hat' on dubious characters.

Imagine expecting a depiscable bunch of politicians, a known group of corrupt power hungry naer do wells, instead of those padi to do it, ie UKAD.

Sport is a cesspit and Sky some of the dirtiest players.

And the same politicians who turn a blind eye are expected to clean up the mess.

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

He played the game and won, good on him...it's a bike race FFS, if Armstrong has been half as clever as he thinks he is then he'll have moved a shed load of money out of the US a long time ago.

thehog said:
Well said;

Damian Collins MP, the chair of the Culture Media and Sport select committee, has described the outcome of UK Anti-Doping’s year-long investigation into Team Sky and British Cycling as unacceptable and unsatisfactory, insisting it was “not an exoneration of anyone” and adding that a “cloud now hangs over one of our greatest Olympians”.

Collins said that he felt the case overall demonstrated UKAD's lack of powers and said he favoured making doping a criminal offence.

UKAD announced on Wednesday that no anti-doping charges were to be brought as a result of its investigation into the contents of a jiffy bag delivered to Sir Bradley Wiggins at the 2011 Criterium du Dauphine.

However, it stressed that its investigation had been hampered by a “lack of accurate medical records”, which it described as a “serious concern”. And it said it would be handing over some of the evidence it gathered to the General Medical Council, which could result in that body taking on the investigation.

Collins said he hoped the GMC would do exactly that, adding that UKAD’s inability to establish what was in the package was a problem.

“I think it clearly shows that UKAD does not have the powers it needs and I've been very clear on this,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “UKAD currently relies on people's willingness to cooperate. It has no legal authority to compel anyone to speak.”

Asked whether he favoured the criminalisation of doping, Collins replied: “I think so. I was very struck by the evidence [former rider] Nicole Cooke gave to the select committee when she said that in those countries where doping is illegal, they have much more effective investigations.”

Collins said the entire case had been unsatisfactory. His committee is currently preparing a report into doping in sport, which is due to be published “in the next few weeks”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2017/11/15/ukad-close-case-team-skys-mystery-bradley-wiggins-parcel-no/amp/

Some now we have a politician interfering and publically criticising a NADO which is expected to be an independent body - Collins is just another politician who is seeking his 15 minutes of fame - I posted at the beginning that my reading of the situation was no athlete would be charged with a doping offence based on the publically available evidence - I also posted the only chance of any offence would be the charging of a support person read Doctor - This is still a remote chance.

At least Wiggins & Dr Palfreeman have watertight, signed off medical records for his TUEs. Those documents date back seamlessly to 2005 with FDJ. Even the French Cycling Federation granted him the equivalent of todays TUE while riding for FDJ suffering with the same symptoms lol. Everyone believes you when you have medical records, it's only when they get lost on holiday they don't lol!

May 26, 2010
Visit site

yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
The irony of The Clinic - Expecting politician's to get to the bottom of this matter - The same politician's who have silently allowed these abuses to happen - You are desperate when you 'hang your hat' on dubious characters.

Imagine expecting a depiscable bunch of politicians, a known group of corrupt power hungry naer do wells, instead of those padi to do it, ie UKAD.

Sport is a cesspit and Sky some of the dirtiest players.

And the same politicians who turn a blind eye are expected to clean up the mess.

I dont expect anyone to clean up anything.

But you are half way there admitting it is a mess.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
At least Wiggins & Dr Palfreeman have watertight, signed off medical records for his TUEs. Those documents date back seamlessly to 2005 with FDJ. Even the French Cycling Federation granted him the equivalent of todays TUE while riding for FDJ suffering with the same symptoms lol. Everyone believes you when you have medical records, it's only when they get lost on holiday they don't lol!

Wiggins watertight!! Sure that is why he told everyone what was int he jiffy bag.

Sky and SDB old everyone is was Fliumicil. Turns out that was a lie too. UKAD claim it was Triamincilone and injected into Wiggins on th team bus. Remember all the lies about that.

Hoho!!! It all stinks, stinks to the skys. :D

Parker said:
thehog said:
The CMS report is still to come.
And it will say much the same but it come attached to a back bench MP who has never been near a bike race making big proclamations about the reputation of Sky.
If we're lucky we'll get the hypocrisy of him banging on about the importance of transparency while his party refuses to release Brexit Impact reports.

read some economics books and then use brain...we don't need the Government (or UKAD) to tell us the bleedin' obvious

May 26, 2010
Visit site
after reading this

The head of Ukad added: “Our investigation was hampered by a lack of accurate medical records being available at British Cycling.

Advertisement

“This is a serious concern. In this case the matter was further complicated by the crossover between personnel at British Cycling and Team Sky. We have referred some information to the GMC, and will cooperate with the GMC as necessary in respect of that information.”

then teamSky say this

Team Sky said it was pleased at Ukad’s announcement. “We have always maintained that there was no wrongdoing and we have cooperated fully with UK Anti-Doping over the last year,” it said. “We have continually strengthened our systems and processes so they best support our strong commitment to anti-doping.”

Now how can anyone argue that Sky are a legit clean team. No records, constant lies, constant fudging, flying secret packages from Manchester to France via Switzerland, unbelievable performances by athletes no one predicted would win GTs..........

It all points to doping. Even if we did not know the history and culture of doping in cycling the way Sky have been found out screams cheating and doping.

Re:

Benotti69 said:
after reading this

The head of Ukad added: “Our investigation was hampered by a lack of accurate medical records being available at British Cycling.

Advertisement

“This is a serious concern. In this case the matter was further complicated by the crossover between personnel at British Cycling and Team Sky. We have referred some information to the GMC, and will cooperate with the GMC as necessary in respect of that information.”

then teamSky say this

Team Sky said it was pleased at Ukad’s announcement. “We have always maintained that there was no wrongdoing and we have cooperated fully with UK Anti-Doping over the last year,” it said. “We have continually strengthened our systems and processes so they best support our strong commitment to anti-doping.”

Now how can anyone argue that Sky are a legit clean team. No records, constant lies, constant fudging, flying secret packages from Manchester to France via Switzerland, unbelievable performances by athletes no one predicted would win GTs..........

It all points to doping. Even if we did not know the history and culture of doping in cycling the way Sky have been found out screams cheating and doping.

its easy to get the answer you're looking for when you've already made your mind up

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
after reading this

Advertisement

then teamSky say this

its easy to get the answer you're looking for when you've already made your mind up

Yeah yeah. No doubt you can point to where that culture changed, the hugely funded independent transparent anti-doping agency that keeps all the athletes clean for fear of being caught as testing happens so regularly that no one dares take an aspirin anymore without a docs note........

The answer is simple when you are not paid to obfuscate. :D

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
after reading this

Advertisement

then teamSky say this

Its also easy to get the answer you're looking for when the question has an easy answer.
repeat after me...doctors keep patients records. If Sky really flew in a drug thats available in the local checmist its no wonder they need a big budget. In fact spending money like that they really need a bigger budget to compete :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS