• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1591 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Parker said:
wrinklyvet said:
masking_agent said:
I watched the tail end of the Bernal post Suisse tour and he said he was going to back home to Andorra to prep for the Tour. I guess most riders will be taking this week to discuss how many blood bags they are taking to France with them ?
But how accurate are guesses like that? If you believe it, fair enough i suppose, but it's not exactly clinical or forensic. When was the last time anyone found one in a Grand Tour?
But what other explanation is there for a rider going home after a race? And why would he do prep for his next race?
Very dodgy if you ask me. A clean rider would stay in Switzerland eating fondue and chocolate.
A clean rider would also go and live next to a Wada office instead of making a 'home' high up in the mountains where testers can't find them without a sherpa.

Gung Ho Gun said:
Parker said:
wrinklyvet said:
masking_agent said:
I watched the tail end of the Bernal post Suisse tour and he said he was going to back home to Andorra to prep for the Tour. I guess most riders will be taking this week to discuss how many blood bags they are taking to France with them ?
But how accurate are guesses like that? If you believe it, fair enough i suppose, but it's not exactly clinical or forensic. When was the last time anyone found one in a Grand Tour?
But what other explanation is there for a rider going home after a race? And why would he do prep for his next race?
Very dodgy if you ask me. A clean rider would stay in Switzerland eating fondue and chocolate.
A clean rider would also go and live next to a Wada office instead of making a 'home' high up in the mountains where testers can't find them without a sherpa.

Absolutely, cant imagine any other reason why a cyclist would want to live in a beautiful mountainous region with a temperate climate, other than to avoid the testers....

brownbobby said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
Parker said:
wrinklyvet said:
masking_agent said:

Absolutely, cant imagine any other reason why a cyclist would want to live in a beautiful mountainous region with a temperate climate, other than to avoid the testers....
I'm fairly sure the reason all the cyclists are there is the 10% flat rate income tax

Re:

masking_agent said:
Cause they can just magic up the blood-fileld bags from their local 7-Eleven? Logistics suggests this question should have been asked months ago.

Gung Ho Gun said:
WADA's office is in Canada. WADA doesn't do any testing. So a clean rider setting up shop in Canada will look to some in the reflection of their tinfoil hats as if he's avoiding the UCI's and his own anti-doping organisation's testers.

fmk_RoI said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
WADA's office is in Canada. WADA doesn't do any testing. So a clean rider setting up shop in Canada will look to some in the reflection of their tinfoil hats as if he's avoiding the UCI's and his own anti-doping organisation's testers.

The art of hiding in plain sight!

Parker said:
or Nutella
byok74miaaait4f_670.jpg

Re:

wrinklyvet said:
Nutella? Yes I know. But its connection with Switzerland in particular? Do remind me where the Swiss Nutella factory is. Let's stick to plain old chocolate. They do know a thing or two about that.
The chocolate connection. This could blow the lid off the corruption within the team.

Pretty impressive of ex-Sky domestique Pete Kenaugh to say on the main UK TV coverage that the jiffy bag situation "didn't sit well" with him. His tone also made it pretty clear he suspected that, at best, Sky completely exploited the TUE rules. Hopefully his disappearance from the broadcast for the second week is coincidental to this plain speaking (I'm sure it is as ITV4 dont usually pull punches, although they have yet to publicly voice concerns about Allaphillipe).

Re:

It's only been two mountain stages but yeah it's strange how little they have been in control compared to previous years. Even when they were on the front for a small period on Tourmalet it was not the pace that Movistar, FDJ or Jumbo pushed.

Poels dropped before the final climb at LPDBF, Kwiatkowski, Poels, Castroviejo dropping early today. Van Baarle lasted as long as Quintana, at least lol...

Escarabajo said:
I assume they don't want a Colombian winning the Tour!

He's there because Ineos (Ratcliffe etc) specifically wanted every GC guy at the Tour (not the Giro). The ownership doesn't care who wins as long as Ineos does.

Re:

spalco said:
No imo. The only thing Brailsford has going for him is that he's winning. If he can't deliver that, then he can't expect a shred of generosity from his bosses.

Not sure i agree with this....Brailsford has built his reputation for success over a couple of decades now with British Cycling/Sky, that wont be wiped out by one bad year/tour. Already Jim Ratcliffe is looking to involve him in projects beyond cycling

TRENDING THREADS