Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why aren't they bringing Groenewegen to any WT race is beyond me.
Is he such a bad climber? I mean, most of their riders will never ever have a shot at a win. He could at least challenge in a sprint.
 
They were very lucky with Kruijswijk being better than expected. For the rest, Vanmarcke is the only guy that really stand out.

But hey, the Dutch need on of their own in the to 52 of the Tour GC. Or was it the top 24? Or something else, I don't really care
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
6th last year and attacking on Pierre Saint Martin, that was very impressive.

But I agree, more or less whole their squad will be a waste of peloton space by the looks of it (thank god Echoes isn't here).
He was hailed like a champion here because: He was the best on GC of those without a previous GT win. Well isn't that *** great.
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
6th last year and attacking on Pierre Saint Martin, that was very impressive.

But I agree, more or less whole their squad will be a waste of peloton space by the looks of it (thank god Echoes isn't here).
He was hailed like a champion here because: He was the best on GC of those without a previous GT win. Well isn't that **** great.
I don't blame him for targeting the Tour at all, especially since they have Kruijwijk for the Giro. I don't wanna be harsh at Gesink - after what he went through he did exceptionally well last year, well beyond expectations.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

classicomano said:
And its sad that Gesink originally planned to hunt stages here but is being forced to take on GC duties as they realized Keldermonfort is a total shambles.
Bad news, he wasn't selected for the Olympics and the team forces him to ride for GC, his moral is probably not very high.
Back in 2014 Kelderman was actually good and fun to watch, he rode a great Giro and was really impressive in the Critérium du Dauphiné.
 
Re: LottoNL-Jumbo

It was a surprise for me to see Groenewegen and all his sprint train in that list. That was the plan for the vuelta, we will see...

He is the best option in the team to take a stage win if he finally goes to France, he is quite fast. Obviously it will be very difficult with Kittel, greipel, Kristoff and cavs, but in my opinion the others(bouhanni,sagan,coquard,degenkolb) are not faster than him. The big problem is that he has never done a GT before.
 
Jun 16, 2014
186
0
0
Kelderman hasn't been great recently, I agree, but if he manages to stay on his bike this time round, he has a shot at the white jersey. Only Barguil and the Yates twins are serious competitors. Still would bet on Barguil before those others, but it's worth a shot. Totally agree that Gesink should focus on stagehunting, but all the hate here seems a bit exaggerated to me.
 
Well their biggest error was to ever kick out Breukink it seems. Upper goofy decision after they had their most successful time regarding grand tours with him in charge as a general manager or sports director for Rasmussen!
 
They will probably lose Kruijswijk as well. Kruijswijks manager says he is open to other teams and is on the radar of a lot more teams since the previous Giro. He could earn as much as 2 million a year. I don't think Lotto can afford that
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
They will probably lose Kruijswijk as well. Kruijswijks manager says he is open to other teams and is on the radar of a lot more teams since the previous Giro. He could earn as much as 2 million a year. I don't think Lotto can afford that
Yeah, he should totally go, which would be great for everyone involved. LottoNL want to fail, if they let Kruijswijk go, they surely get to fail
 
Jun 16, 2014
186
0
0
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
They will probably lose Kruijswijk as well. Kruijswijks manager says he is open to other teams and is on the radar of a lot more teams since the previous Giro. He could earn as much as 2 million a year. I don't think Lotto can afford that
Yeah, he should totally go, which would be great for everyone involved. LottoNL want to fail, if they let Kruijswijk go, they surely get to fail
Well, the two million is probably just a number leaked to the media to get more out of the negotiations. Can't imagine any team paying that much for Kruijswijk tbh. But if it is true, there is not much Lotto can do, 2 million would be a significant amount of their budget, at least 30-40% I would say. There is no way they'll spend that on one rider, given that they already have on of the smallest budgets of the entire worldtour.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Re: Re:

Domulec said:
Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
They will probably lose Kruijswijk as well. Kruijswijks manager says he is open to other teams and is on the radar of a lot more teams since the previous Giro. He could earn as much as 2 million a year. I don't think Lotto can afford that
Yeah, he should totally go, which would be great for everyone involved. LottoNL want to fail, if they let Kruijswijk go, they surely get to fail
Well, the two million is probably just a number leaked to the media to get more out of the negotiations. Can't imagine any team paying that much for Kruijswijk tbh. But if it is true, there is not much Lotto can do, 2 million would be a significant amount of their budget, at least 30-40% I would say. There is no way they'll spend that on one rider, given that they already have on of the smallest budgets of the entire worldtour.
They have a budget of 14.5 million euros. About 80% of that goes to the cyclists on their team.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY