Teams & Riders Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think a lot of people only follow cycling in July here too, without them being any less worthy than those of us who follow it year-round.

For example, one of my best friends who is a really intellectual fellow asked me last year if I had ever heard about Jonas Vingegaard before. I struggled to find a fitting grimace before I managed to explain to him, that yes, I had indeed stumbled upon his name once or twice.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think a lot of people only follow cycling in July here too, without them being any less worthy than those of us who follow it year-round.

For example, one of my best friends who is a really intellectual fellow asked me last year if I had ever heard about Jonas Vingegaard before. I struggled to find a fitting grimace before I managed to explain to him, that yes, I had indeed stumbled upon his name once or twice.
To be fair you had to have watched the 2020 Angliru stage to have Vingegaard that high on cards.

Reminds me of how my mother would constantly ask me if there were "Any riders we know about?" in a race, and I was like "Ah, heeeh... how do I answer that question?"
Now she seems to have changed it to asking if there are any Danes, and half of those she doesn't really know much about either.

Reminds me of how my mother would constantly ask me if there were "Any riders we know about?" in a race, and I was like "Ah, heeeh... how do I answer that question?"
Now she seems to have changed it to asking if there are any Danes, and half of those she doesn't really know much about either.
I know. At least my mom knows the names of Sagan, Cavendish, Van der Poel, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Valverde and Alaphilippe (probably a few more) and most of the Danes.

Seems like David Dekker is not yet a top sprinter. At least, in Hungary he took stage ranks 4 and 9, but was beaten also by some second-class men.

He‘ll be 25 in eight months, and is still waiting for his first professional win. He looks intimidating, a great athlete. Maybe he will still improve.

If he won‘t improve, he still could quit cycling and become a bodybuilder, for example… :)

Seems like David Dekker is not yet a top sprinter. At least, in Hungary he took stage ranks 4 and 9, but was beaten also by some second-class men.

He‘ll be 25 in eight months, and is still waiting for his first professional win. He looks intimidating, a great athlete. Maybe he will still improve.

If he won‘t improve, he still could quit cycling and become a bodybuilder, for example… :)
I very much doubt any road rider will ever become a bodybuilder even the biggest guys look really small when compared with bodybuilders or sprint track riders.

I probably would’ve said no not because I hadn’t heard of him, but because I had forgotten about him at the Vuelta until the commentary reminded me of his showing on the Angliru. I wasn’t focusing on his results there since he wasn’t fighting for the GC.

I know. At least my mom knows the names of Sagan, Cavendish, Van der Poel, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Valverde and Alaphilippe (probably a few more) and most of the Danes.
So relatable, my mom asked who won and if she knew him yesterday.
"Yes mom, he's Belgian"
"Van Aert"
"No, he's not riding in the Giro"
"Evenepoel"
"No, also not riding"
"And I know him?"
"Yes"
"Gilbert?"
"Nope, but you have the team correct atleast"
"Wellens?"
"No"
"Ewan"
"Since when is he Belgian?"
"Lampaert?"
"Wrong team"
"Is De Gendt still riding?"
"Yes"
"Was it him"
"Yes"

I very much doubt any road rider will ever become a bodybuilder even the biggest guys look really small when compared with bodybuilders or sprint track riders.
Yeah, but if he starts training hypertrophy full-body, increases his protein intake, and takes few supplements, he should be a born Men‘s Physique athlete in bodybuilding. He has the frame and everything.

But of course, he‘ll try to further develop as a cyclist… :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY