• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

I think a lot of people only follow cycling in July here too, without them being any less worthy than those of us who follow it year-round.

For example, one of my best friends who is a really intellectual fellow asked me last year if I had ever heard about Jonas Vingegaard before. I struggled to find a fitting grimace before I managed to explain to him, that yes, I had indeed stumbled upon his name once or twice.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think a lot of people only follow cycling in July here too, without them being any less worthy than those of us who follow it year-round.

For example, one of my best friends who is a really intellectual fellow asked me last year if I had ever heard about Jonas Vingegaard before. I struggled to find a fitting grimace before I managed to explain to him, that yes, I had indeed stumbled upon his name once or twice.
To be fair you had to have watched the 2020 Angliru stage to have Vingegaard that high on cards.

Reminds me of how my mother would constantly ask me if there were "Any riders we know about?" in a race, and I was like "Ah, heeeh... how do I answer that question?"
Now she seems to have changed it to asking if there are any Danes, and half of those she doesn't really know much about either.

Reminds me of how my mother would constantly ask me if there were "Any riders we know about?" in a race, and I was like "Ah, heeeh... how do I answer that question?"
Now she seems to have changed it to asking if there are any Danes, and half of those she doesn't really know much about either.

I know. At least my mom knows the names of Sagan, Cavendish, Van der Poel, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Valverde and Alaphilippe (probably a few more) and most of the Danes.

Seems like David Dekker is not yet a top sprinter. At least, in Hungary he took stage ranks 4 and 9, but was beaten also by some second-class men.

He‘ll be 25 in eight months, and is still waiting for his first professional win. He looks intimidating, a great athlete. Maybe he will still improve.

If he won‘t improve, he still could quit cycling and become a bodybuilder, for example… :)

• Wow
Seems like David Dekker is not yet a top sprinter. At least, in Hungary he took stage ranks 4 and 9, but was beaten also by some second-class men.

He‘ll be 25 in eight months, and is still waiting for his first professional win. He looks intimidating, a great athlete. Maybe he will still improve.

If he won‘t improve, he still could quit cycling and become a bodybuilder, for example… :)

I very much doubt any road rider will ever become a bodybuilder even the biggest guys look really small when compared with bodybuilders or sprint track riders.

I probably would’ve said no not because I hadn’t heard of him, but because I had forgotten about him at the Vuelta until the commentary reminded me of his showing on the Angliru. I wasn’t focusing on his results there since he wasn’t fighting for the GC.

I know. At least my mom knows the names of Sagan, Cavendish, Van der Poel, Van Aert, Roglic, Pogacar, Valverde and Alaphilippe (probably a few more) and most of the Danes.
So relatable, my mom asked who won and if she knew him yesterday.
"Yes mom, he's Belgian"
"Van Aert"
"No, he's not riding in the Giro"
"Evenepoel"
"No, also not riding"
"And I know him?"
"Yes"
"Gilbert?"
"Nope, but you have the team correct atleast"
"Wellens?"
"No"
"Ewan"
"Since when is he Belgian?"
"Lampaert?"
"Wrong team"
"Is De Gendt still riding?"
"Yes"
"Was it him"
"Yes"

I very much doubt any road rider will ever become a bodybuilder even the biggest guys look really small when compared with bodybuilders or sprint track riders.

Yeah, but if he starts training hypertrophy full-body, increases his protein intake, and takes few supplements, he should be a born Men‘s Physique athlete in bodybuilding. He has the frame and everything.

But of course, he‘ll try to further develop as a cyclist… :)

Short interview with Vader on the NOS.

• They feared for his life initially, he had torn one carotid artery and constricted the other
  • That quickly stabilized, but they didn't know how he'd wake from his coma
  • He lost a lot of muscle, he had been lying horizontally for 500 hours
  • He's slowly had to relearn everything, including how to walk
  • He basically wants to come back to racing asap, and he hasn't really considered stopping.

Nice to see that the work horses are getting some results for themself in the Giro. Without Dumoulin they quickly turned into the dominant breakaway team of the Giro.
Bouwman winning a stage and most likely the mountain jersey. Leemreize adding a 2nd and 3rd place. Affini finishing 2nd today.

Reactions: Red Rick
It's a bit untypical Tour edition in regards to green. And i don't really mind all that much if van Aert goes for green. But it more or less comes down to Rogla getting isolated easier. But OK. In the end mano-a-mano fight will likely decide the overall winner. Don't see on who could UAE send ahead for Rogla to cover the attack. Pogi will get that privilege anyway.

What the article seem to suggest is van Aert won't help all that much at mountain stages.

Jumbo is going into the Tour with a ridiculously strong team but the roles aren't at all well defined (especially for the leadership).

When Pog attacks, who pulls who behind him? I think that question is an even bigger issue than WvA riding for himself. Jonas is going to feel that pressure to come out on top on the very first day in Denmark in the opening ITT, or else he'll be the one doing the pulling (or at least should).

I know the 'on paper' two-pronged attacks from co-leaders in the same team look nice & dandy before the Tour but based on experience it generally goes to sh*t when both leaders step on each other's toes & cancel each other out.

Jumbo is going into the Tour with a ridiculously strong team but the roles aren't at all well defined (especially for the leadership).

When Pog attacks, who pulls who behind him? I think that question is an even bigger issue than WvA riding for himself. Jonas is going to feel that pressure to come out on top on the very first day in Denmark in the opening ITT, or else he'll be the one doing the pulling (or at least should).

I know the 'on paper' two-pronged attacks from co-leaders in the same team look nice & dandy before the Tour but based on experience it generally goes to sh*t when both leaders step on each other's toes & cancel each other out.
When Pogacar takes off Roglic is gonna have to react lol. If he can't do that he's *** and then it's simply deservedly so.

TRENDING THREADS