Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
For that matter I think Soler and Ion Izagirre are possibly the only other two active Spaniards with one week stage race wins that I can think of off the top of my head.
There's a few more, if you know where to look ;) Limiting to races of 6 or more stages:

Luís León Sánchez, 2005 Tour Down Under
Gustavo César Veloso, 2008 Volta a Catalunya
Óscar Sevilla, 2008 Clásico RCN
Luís León Sánchez, 2009 Paris-Nice
Óscar Sevilla, 2012 Clásico RCN
Óscar Sevilla, 2013 Vuelta a Colombia
Alejandro Marque, 2013 Volta a Portugal
Óscar Sevilla, 2014 Vuelta a Colombia
Gustavo César Veloso, 2014 Volta a Portugal
Rafael Valls, 2015 Tour of Oman
Victor de la Parte, 2015 Österreichrundfahrt
Óscar Sevilla, 2015 Vuelta a Colombia
Gustavo César Veloso, 2015 Volta a Portugal
Óscar Pujol, 2016 Tour of Japan
Óscar Sevilla, 2016 Clásico RCN
Óscar Pujol, 2017 Tour of Japan
Raúl Alarcón, 2017 Volta a Portugal
Marcos García, 2018 Tour of Japan

Beñat Intxausti has also won a short stage race at the World Tour level, the 2013 Tour of Beijing.
 
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Koronin said:
For that matter I think Soler and Ion Izagirre are possibly the only other two active Spaniards with one week stage race wins that I can think of off the top of my head.
There's a few more, if you know where to look ;) Limiting to races of 6 or more stages:

Luís León Sánchez, 2005 Tour Down Under
Gustavo César Veloso, 2008 Volta a Catalunya
Óscar Sevilla, 2008 Clásico RCN
Luís León Sánchez, 2009 Paris-Nice
Óscar Sevilla, 2012 Clásico RCN
Óscar Sevilla, 2013 Vuelta a Colombia
Alejandro Marque, 2013 Volta a Portugal
Óscar Sevilla, 2014 Vuelta a Colombia
Gustavo César Veloso, 2014 Volta a Portugal
Rafael Valls, 2015 Tour of Oman
Victor de la Parte, 2015 Österreichrundfahrt
Óscar Sevilla, 2015 Vuelta a Colombia
Gustavo César Veloso, 2015 Volta a Portugal
Óscar Pujol, 2016 Tour of Japan
Óscar Sevilla, 2016 Clásico RCN
Óscar Pujol, 2017 Tour of Japan
Raúl Alarcón, 2017 Volta a Portugal
Marcos García, 2018 Tour of Japan

Beñat Intxausti has also won a short stage race at the World Tour level, the 2013 Tour of Beijing.

TY
 
Re:

Blanco said:
What a horrible Tour so far. Quintana is ******, Landa hurt, Valverde not close to his best, heck even Amador and Soler are useless. What went so wrong with them?

The team knew way back in the winter that Valverde had no intention on being anywhere near decent form (let along being anywhere near peak or off peak) for the Tour but they were insistent he go to. Soler is still learning how to ride a Grand Tour and is also trying to learn how to recover from an early season peak for the second part of the year. Obviously Landa getting hurt was not in the plans. Apparently Amador got sick at some point during the 2nd week. Quintana, well your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what is wrong with him.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Blanco said:
What a horrible Tour so far. Quintana is ******, Landa hurt, Valverde not close to his best, heck even Amador and Soler are useless. What went so wrong with them?

The team knew way back in the winter that Valverde had no intention on being anywhere near decent form (let along being anywhere near peak or off peak) for the Tour but they were insistent he go to. Soler is still learning how to ride a Grand Tour and is also trying to learn how to recover from an early season peak for the second part of the year. Obviously Landa getting hurt was not in the plans. Apparently Amador got sick at some point during the 2nd week. Quintana, well your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what is wrong with him.
This is Movistar in the Tour for you, 3 straight years.

Hopefully they can get a decent Vuelta (win) after this shitshow. So much promise, no results.. but lets wait until Laruns to fully judge their Tour, but it aint looking good. The Vuelta should be great however.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Koronin said:
Blanco said:
What a horrible Tour so far. Quintana is ******, Landa hurt, Valverde not close to his best, heck even Amador and Soler are useless. What went so wrong with them?

The team knew way back in the winter that Valverde had no intention on being anywhere near decent form (let along being anywhere near peak or off peak) for the Tour but they were insistent he go to. Soler is still learning how to ride a Grand Tour and is also trying to learn how to recover from an early season peak for the second part of the year. Obviously Landa getting hurt was not in the plans. Apparently Amador got sick at some point during the 2nd week. Quintana, well your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what is wrong with him.
This is Movistar in the Tour for you, 3 straight years.

Hopefully they can get a decent Vuelta (win) after this shitshow. So much promise, no results.. but lets wait until Laruns to fully judge their Tour, but it aint looking good. The Vuelta should be great however.
Well 2016 they did get a stage win with I Izagirre.

Today it looked like they decided the team title is all they have left to go after since they sent their 3 healthy domestiques up the road in the break.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Valv.Piti said:
Koronin said:
Blanco said:
What a horrible Tour so far. Quintana is ******, Landa hurt, Valverde not close to his best, heck even Amador and Soler are useless. What went so wrong with them?

The team knew way back in the winter that Valverde had no intention on being anywhere near decent form (let along being anywhere near peak or off peak) for the Tour but they were insistent he go to. Soler is still learning how to ride a Grand Tour and is also trying to learn how to recover from an early season peak for the second part of the year. Obviously Landa getting hurt was not in the plans. Apparently Amador got sick at some point during the 2nd week. Quintana, well your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what is wrong with him.
This is Movistar in the Tour for you, 3 straight years.

Hopefully they can get a decent Vuelta (win) after this shitshow. So much promise, no results.. but lets wait until Laruns to fully judge their Tour, but it aint looking good. The Vuelta should be great however.
Well 2016 they did get a stage win with I Izagirre.

Today it looked like they decided the team title is all they have left to go after since they sent their 3 healthy domestiques up the road in the break.
Yeah it seems like they have already put their weapons down. Maybe Landa and Quintana will go all in on the short mountain stage ? Maybe already thinking of the Vuelta. Valverde will probably conserve himself for the Vuelta.
 
Valverde will go for a stage win, I'm pretty sure, but with legs he had so far I don't think he will get one.
Landa will try, he's just that kind of rider, but his shape must improve dramatically in order to achieve the podium, and maybe even that won't be enough.
Quintana will try some half-hearted semi attacks on the last climbs, which won't succeed of course. He's on the way out of Movistar...
 
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
 
Oliwright said:
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
Fuglsang?
What were you expecting from him?
I think he is at or close where he should be.
 
Mar 14, 2018
81
0
1,680
Escarabajo said:
Oliwright said:
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
Fuglsang?
What were you expecting from him?
I think he is at or close where he should be.
Well I think after last years Dauphine, the people who were already high on Fuglsang saw it as a turning point and new fans expected that level to continue. Then this years TdS saw him possibly matching Porte on the climbs, and so Fuglsang absorbs some of the the Porte hype. As someone who has been watching Fuglsang for a while I think he is somewhat underperfoming this Tour, but only just. I did not expect him to be in yellow.
 
Oliwright said:
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
Maybe true, but I will wait for La Vuelta for the final word. I think he specifically targets that race and the WC after that..
 
Oliwright said:
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
On the Valverde question. Not even close. Apparently you missed the fact he stated multiple times he was only in race shape for this Tour. He's NOT in form or even close to being at off peak let along peak. Also he is currently one of the best one week stage races in the entire peloton along with still being one of the best one day races in the entire peloton. Also the Tour has always been one of if not his weakest race of the season. One more note, Valverde IS and will be the team leader at Movistar until he chooses to retire.
As for Landa, he appears to actually be in good form, his problem is his back is injured. If he's feeling better he can definitely improve his GC standings.
Based on current form between Landa and Quintana, Landa will get his choice of Tour or Giro while Valverde will continue to be given the Vuelta.
 
Blanco said:
Oliwright said:
I think Landa will be good in the Pyrenees and might finish anywhere from 3rd-6th, but Quintana has to be the disappointment of the tour alongside Fuglsang. (Excluding the sad exits of Nibali & Porte).

Is it time that Quintana left Movistar, to try and get back to his best? He doesn't have the consistency that he used to and can only put in 1 or 2 big rides in a GT.

Also for those who thought of Movistar as having leaders, can we finally accept that Valverde is over the hill and his GC days are gone.

Based on current form, which of Quintana & Landa will target the Giro next year?
Maybe true, but I will wait for La Vuelta for the final word. I think he specifically targets that race and the WC after that..
You'd be correct. He stated several times the Tour isn't one of his goals and he never had any intention on being in any kind of form for this race. For the 2nd half of the season his goals are la Vuelta and the Worlds. Plus I'm sure Lombardia after.
 
Today the team has also managed to loose the team lead for the team classifications. As of right now the only thing this team has to show for the Tour is a combativity away. I mean even one of the pro conti teams had the KOM jersey for a couple of days.
 
I dont care about team classifcation and people who moan and expect Movistar to make every hilly/mountanious stage dont know anything about cycling. No chances to do anything in Carcassone and today it was much wiser to wait for tomorrow.

These 2 stages, tomorrow and Laruns Friday, are what gonna define their Tour, maybe even their year. Valverde doesnt look good, Soler doesnt look good, Amador doesnt look good, Quintana doesnt look good, Landa doesnt look good. Gonna be good.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
SHAD0W93 said:
Shall see what happens tomorrow with Sky only having Froome and Thomas.
But how long is it going to take to get the rest of the Sky train to the front after the start? Also is anyone going to actually be willing to try something?
They should considering they have had 5 rest days in a row. This is the chance to set a high pace especially if teams have multiple riders. If they have another subday ride GVA could honestly win.
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I dont care about team classifcation and people who moan and expect Movistar to make every hilly/mountanious stage dont know anything about cycling. No chances to do anything in Carcassone and today it was much wiser to wait for tomorrow.

These 2 stages, tomorrow and Laruns Friday, are what gonna define their Tour, maybe even their year. Valverde doesnt look good, Soler doesnt look good, Amador doesnt look good, Quintana doesnt look good, Landa doesnt look good. Gonna be good.
+11111

Quintana said that they need to start hard before the other teams organize on the back tomorrow. They have 3. Sky will probably have 3. lotto-Jumbo will have 2. Sunweb could have 2. BMC 2. Astana 2. AG2R 2. Mitchelton 2.Rest 1.
 
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
I dont care about team classifcation and people who moan and expect Movistar to make every hilly/mountanious stage dont know anything about cycling. No chances to do anything in Carcassone and today it was much wiser to wait for tomorrow.

These 2 stages, tomorrow and Laruns Friday, are what gonna define their Tour, maybe even their year. Valverde doesnt look good, Soler doesnt look good, Amador doesnt look good, Quintana doesnt look good, Landa doesnt look good. Gonna be good.
+11111

Quintana said that they need to start hard before the other teams organize on the back tomorrow. They have 3. Sky will probably have 3. lotto-Jumbo will have 2. Sunweb could have 2. BMC 2. Astana 2. AG2R 2. Mitchelton 2.Rest 1.

Sky only have Froome and Thomas in the top 20. Bernal is in 22nd. So what exactly are they going to do? Who is actually going to do the work? Most teams have 1 rider each, AG2R is protecing Latour's white jersey as much as racing for Bardet. Steven K likely isn't going to pull much for Roglic. He'd probably rather try to go down the road and force other to chase him. BMC has no interest in the overall, nor does M-S at this point. Movistar has one injured rider (who is hopefully felling better in Landa), one rider who is no where close to any kind of form (Valverde) and Quintana who hasn't shown anything. I don't see where you get any cooperation either.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY