• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Gerrard Slipped haha said:
To be more clear

Giro - Landa w/Valverde to help him
Tour - Quintana w/Landa to help him
Vuelta - Valverde w/Quintana to either help him/have a free hit/rely on young guys and Quintana rests for Innsbruck maybe?

Either way, this makes the most sense, unless someone gets injured or sth bad happens, there is no way they shouldn't do it that way
Yes, this should be the plan unless Valv decides to ride the Tour. I definitely also prefer this plan. On Quintana, it will depend on a lot of things, but under normal circumstances he should be up there in the GC, at least in the start, unless he targets the WC heavily. Maybe, I dno, but Movistar always prefers to have two up there instead of one and Movistar pays Quintana wage after all.

Valverde already won Pais Vasco, job done. Let Landa lead the team in Tour of Basque Country. He is the local boy after all.

I'd like to see him in Paris-Nice. And Milano-Sanremo! I wonder if he has the speed to jump away with Kwai/Sagan on Poggio? The softness of the climb is a problem but Alaphilippe was able to do it after all.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Gerrard Slipped haha said:
To be more clear

Giro - Landa w/Valverde to help him
Tour - Quintana w/Landa to help him
Vuelta - Valverde w/Quintana to either help him/have a free hit/rely on young guys and Quintana rests for Innsbruck maybe?

Either way, this makes the most sense, unless someone gets injured or sth bad happens, there is no way they shouldn't do it that way
Yes, this should be the plan unless Valv decides to ride the Tour. I definitely also prefer this plan. On Quintana, it will depend on a lot of things, but under normal circumstances he should be up there in the GC, at least in the start, unless he targets the WC heavily. Maybe, I dno, but Movistar always prefers to have two up there instead of one and Movistar pays Quintana wage after all.

I agree that this is what makes the most sense, I think to most everyone. However, I think right now Movistar is just waiting for Valverde to make up his mind on what he actually wants to do before they finalize anything. Yeah, Movistar does prefer to have 2 GC riders if they can manage it instead of just 1. Personally I'd prefer to see Valv do the Giro/Vuelta double.

He should go for TdF. The route suits him(TTT, Quimper, Mur de Bretagne, cobbles,downhill finish in Le Grand Bernard and Bagnerees de Luchon, Mende, Medium lenght hilly ITT). If he doesn't implode in one of the big mountain stages and I'm pretty sure he won't, he will have a big chance. Also, I think the route suits him better than Nairo.

Re:

pink_jersey said:
He should go for TdF. The route suits him(TTT, Quimper, Mur de Bretagne, cobbles,downhill finish in Le Grand Bernard and Bagnerees de Luchon, Mende, Medium lenght hilly ITT). If he doesn't implode in one of the big mountain stages and I'm pretty sure he won't, he will have a big chance. Also, I think the route suits him better than Nairo.

Agree with your post - Hard-headed thinking should have Quintana = Giro, Valverde = TDF and Landa = Vuelta.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Agree with your post - Hard-headed thinking should have Quintana = Giro, Valverde = TDF and Landa = Vuelta.
Please stop with these wannabe DS , Movistar decide not you , if they send quintana to tour de france is because Unzue know his work and know that he is the best option .

telencefalus said:
yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Please stop with these wannabe DS , Movistar decide not you , if they send quintana to tour de france is because Unzue know his work and know that he is the best option .
Might as well remove the whole forum, then.

telencefalus said:
yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Are you suggesting that a discussion can not take place in a discussion forum? What are you telling this person?

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Irondan said:
telencefalus said:
yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Are you suggesting that a discussion can not take place in a discussion forum? What are you telling this person?
Hard headed thinking is the words i think are not very respectful to say at Movistar DS i think you can agree

telencefalus said:
Irondan said:
telencefalus said:
yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Hard headed thinking is the words i think are not very respectful to say at Movistar DS i think you can agree

What are you talking about?

telencefalus said:
Irondan said:
telencefalus said:
yaco said:
pink_jersey said:

Yeah, I don't think you quite understand what was said.

That would require Valverde to add a U-23 team, which he currently doesn't have. However, this may be laying the ground work for that U-23 team. He's said that he would like to have a U-23 team, but he's always said he needed more financing to support it.

Koronin said:
CTQ said:

That's their kit from this year before this sponsorship was announced. Valverde Team has always had a very similar kit to Movistar's kit. This is a picture from their team presentation back in June of this this year. https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19274839_1191204717673878_400937437577183400_n.jpg?oh=85723e8fd6f584b4c73dbae81e9f66ae&oe=5A9D9C23

sorry for my mistake

CTQ said:
Koronin said:
CTQ said:

That's their kit from this year before this sponsorship was announced. Valverde Team has always had a very similar kit to Movistar's kit. This is a picture from their team presentation back in June of this this year. https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19274839_1191204717673878_400937437577183400_n.jpg?oh=85723e8fd6f584b4c73dbae81e9f66ae&oe=5A9D9C23

sorry for my mistake

No problem. We won't see the new kits for Valverde Team until either Dec or Jan. With Movistar's kits changing a bit with the lighter blue, I won't be surprised to see the same with Valverde Team's kits as well. The more interesting question is do Valverde Team kits next year have a big V or a big M on them, or maybe both?

Re:

Moviestar said:
http://www.wradio.com.co/escucha/archivo_de_audio/eusebio-unzue-espera-conseguir-con-nairo-quintana-el-tour-de-francia/20171121/oir/3644007.aspx

Valverde will focus on stage races and classics and he will do the same GT's as Quintana: TOUR + VUELTA.

Unzue further awaits the GIRO-parcours in order to decide where Landa is heading.

Alejandro going to the Vuelta is not exactly surprising. It's his favorite race of the season and he's said in the past he'll never miss it unless he's injured or too sick to start. In truth the only real question on his schedule was Giro or Tour. He's already given a good idea of the races he's doing for the spring, as he's said he's doing a spring schedule very similar to last year. From what he has said it sounds like he and Landa are going to a couple of early season races together.

TRENDING THREADS