• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Valverde primarily prepares for the world championships. So does Quintana if he leaves the team. That eventually leaves Landa with team leadership. Unless he's out to Astana and goes stage, KOM points hunting, then it leaves Quintana as the team leader. It's very likely only one leader in the end. Especially if Carapaz becomes the sharpest sword of the team in Spain.

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
tobydawq said:
Is Carapaz also riding?

The trident becomes a fork.

One domestique per leader sounds like a brilliant plan. I’m surprised Unzue didn’t think of it in time for the Tour.
If Carapaz is riding - which I don't think so, lets wait and see - he obviously won't be targetting the GC. Carapaz is much more of a natural climber than Soler, but expect him to be is kinda the same role. It depends on how good of a shape riders like Anacona, Betancur, Fernandez etc. are in. At least I don't think it was the plan for Carapaz to ride two GTs, but he is actually already 25 and he might be their best mountain domestique. Poland and Burgos will tell a lot.

Valv.Piti said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
tobydawq said:
Is Carapaz also riding?

One domestique per leader sounds like a brilliant plan. I’m surprised Unzue didn’t think of it in time for the Tour.
If Carapaz is riding - which I don't think so, lets wait and see - he obviously won't be targetting the GC. Carapaz is much more of a natural climber than Soler, but expect him to be is kinda the same role. It depends on how good of a shape riders like Anacona, Betancur, Fernandez etc. are in. At least I don't think it was the plan for Carapaz to ride two GTs, but he is actually already 25 and he might be their best mountain domestique. Poland and Burgos will tell a lot.

Fernandez is injured again. Some crash in training right before the Tour that ended up with him in the hospital.

Valv.Piti said:
Koronin said:
tobydawq said:
Is Carapaz also riding?

Yes. That seems to be official.
Link? Would be nice to see him again

I saw it late last night in one of the Spanish groups I'm in that someone had posted something about Carapaz likely going. However, as we know, Movistar won't release an official line up until the weekend before the Vuelta. I'll post it if I can find it again.

Carapaz will be there i think. He started in Getxo and will be the leader in Poland. Slowly building towards a peak.

Strangely no information on Betancur, he mentioned after the Giro that he would be back on track in Poland but he is absent on the startlist. Apparently the barbecues and fiestas are calling him in Colombia :p

Re:

Moviestar said:
Carapaz will be there i think. He started in Getxo and will be the leader in Poland. Slowly building towards a peak.

Strangely no information on Betancur, he mentioned after the Giro that he would be back on track in Poland but he is absent on the startlist. Apparently the barbecues and fiestas are calling him in Colombia :p

I haven't heard anything at all about Betancur for any upcoming race. Funny part is I think he's actually moved to Spain and living near Movistar's headquarters to actually get real help from the team.

Re:

Oliver said:
Valverde is removed from de cyclingfever startlist for San Sebastian? Why?

Because he's not racing. He went on vacation right after the Tour ended. I also have the impression he doesn't intend on showing up to the Vuelta is much better shape that he showed up to the Tour in. Hope I'm wrong on that, because I do think if he wants to win the Worlds he needs to be a lot closer to being in off form than just race shape at the start of the Vuelta.

For some reason Landa is heading the team for San Sebastian. Why, no clue as he's not proven he can do one day races. Where exactly Betancur is is a great question.

Koronin said:
Oliver said:
Valverde is removed from de cyclingfever startlist for San Sebastian? Why?

Because he's not racing. He went on vacation right after the Tour ended. I also have the impression he doesn't intend on showing up to the Vuelta is much better shape that he showed up to the Tour in. Hope I'm wrong on that, because I do think if he wants to win the Worlds he needs to be a lot closer to being in off form than just race shape at the start of the Vuelta.

For some reason Landa is heading the team for San Sebastian. Why, no clue as he's not proven he can do one day races. Where exactly Betancur is is a great question.

Because he is from the basque country. I watched the race live and the basque riders got more cheers than Valverde and certainly Contador. At the presentation before the race Zubeldia got the biggest applauds....

Also the last climb is really hard and after that a technical descent back into town so if you can get a gap of 10 sec you can make it. Landa for the win!

TRENDING THREADS