• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tejay Van Garderen.

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you think Tejay Van Garderen is overrated?

• It's all about the tarmac.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Zam_Olyas said:
Vote away like you would on a wet Tshirt election :D

My option.... depends how we rate TJ.

For me, TJ is a good GC rider with good potential. He got relative high power output for TT and strong climbing ability.

He showed his potential since he was young and everything seem to develop naturally and in step-by-step way.

If he could reduce his weight a little bit and maintain his power output in coming future, then he could follow pure climber and win by TT.

Endurance, experience and recovery is normally peaked at age around 28~30.

So, I believe he is a potential GT winner.

Of course, he is still far from the Froome/Armstrong/Pantini performance.

Overrated - Armstrong level
Reason rate - Best American GC rider of new generation
Underrated - Not a potential GT Winner

lenric said:
There are probably 4 GC contenders: Quintana, Nibali, Froome and Contador. After them, you have outsiders.

If performance in last 365 days counts, Chris Horner is one of the GC contenders.

Talking about future, Let say, Froome improved 20% in term of power/weight during his age 26~29 to be a GC contender.

25 year old's TJ need only 2% of improvement to be a GC contender.

TRENDING THREADS