• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis is ridiculous

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
what they say about Messi is absolutely spot on. a football frankenstein. and it's not being questioned by nobody, even though its publicly known he grew up with HGH

This is Messi at a very young age, presumably before the HGH therapy.
I think his technical abilities have little to do with HGH. As for the physical shape - probably yes, but most of the time he actually wanders near the penalty area anyway :)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Wow, not exactly a team player there.

Why would he ?

At that young age everybody is crap. He was special and so if he passed it, it would be likely ball lost. At that age you don't really need to pass if you got the skills and are better than ''player'' on your team.

''player'' - not really, there were what, 5 ? :p

Nadal's path to today's final is ridiculous. It takes the p*ss. Out of 18 sets played, his opponents have managed the following amount of games:

3 x 0
3 x 1
8 x 2
2 x 3
1 x 4
0 x 5
1 x 6

Nadal held his opponent to 2 games or less in 14 sets out of 18.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
I thought I had opened a Sam Stosur thread - either it's been deleted, or my imagination has run away from me.

Either way, the irony of this was too good to let slide:

39i5_zpsa22d5437.png

Not only the governing body of tennis doesn't want to admit to any problem but neither do the fans. I engaged in a thread on probably the most used tennis forum a while back and got my posts and photos deleted exposing a bodily transformation of Sam and another young woman on the tour. You look at Nadal's biceps and abs and according to Uncle Tony, the kid has never spent a day in the gym and yet Nadal fans just accept that it's all natural.

robow7 said:
Not only the governing body of tennis doesn't want to admit to any problem but neither do the fans. I engaged in a thread on probably the most used tennis forum a while back and got my posts and photos deleted exposing a bodily transformation of Sam and another young woman on the tour. You look at Nadal's biceps and abs and according to Uncle Tony, the kid has never spent a day in the gym and yet Nadal fans just accept that it's all natural.

Nadal plays golf. Huge hitter.

What is this???

http://www.marca.com/2014/01/23/tenis/open_australia/1390469257.html

--------------------------------

JOAN SOLSONA. MELBOURNE 23/01/14 - 10:27.

The Spanish Tennis Federation traveled to Melbourne to your doctor, Angel Ruiz Cotorro, who is also Rafael Nadal, and Julián Casanova, physiotherapist.

With them traveled to the capital of Victoria revolutionary machine, named Indiba, which depends Thursday the rapid recovery of the left hand number 1 ATP. Nadal suffers a nagging sore that forced him to play Grigor Dimitrov bandaged before. In fact, they changed to the Bulgarian protecting each set and bind the wound bandaged play the remainder of the tournament.

"We applied creams that help regenerate skin, but also Indiba, which serves to accelerate the healing process," explains Cotorro. The device that applies radiofrequency thereby accelerating metabolism of cells, reorganizing oxygenated blood, improving the velocity of blood flow and by promoting lymphatic drainage of the peripheral area. So the cell state thrives.

Leer más: Australia Open 2014: Rafa Nadal accelerates healing radiofrequency - MARCA.com

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
omerta

i read today that in some 1993 interview boris becker apparently spoke quite openly about doping in tennis. He was subsequently attacked verbally by several fellow players, including squeeky clean guys such as Stich and Muster. All incuding the ATP themselves said that Becker deserved a ban for his unfounded accusations and should shut up if he doesn't have proof, and that all he did was damage the image of tennis, etc. Prototypical omerta stuff.

recall also that interview recently with some Austrian semi-pro who said Nadal dopes and the ATP knows but does nothing. Nobody seems to lost much sleep over that either. Tennis is pretty sick.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
During this interview Victor Conte mentions some of the tennis players he has worked with.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HrUX1WDzAUw

If you skip to 34.30 you can hear him say that he worked with Michael Chang and Ivan Lendl, who hence logically were BALCO clients.

Of course they might have been getting their protein shakes from there but convincing someone knowledgeable that you were going to BALCO for protein shakes is like convincing your wife you are going to a lap dancing bar for the beer.

Doesn't look good for Murray either if he's working with Lendl.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
During this interview Victor Conte mentions some of the tennis players he has worked with.

If you skip to 34.30 you can hear him say that he worked with Michael Chang and Ivan Lendl, who hence logically were BALCO clients.

Of course they might have been getting their protein shakes from there but convincing someone knowledgeable that you were going to BALCO for protein shakes is like convincing your wife you are going to a lap dancing bar for the beer.

IF? There is no if's about it Murray has been working with Lendl for a long time now.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It's Murrays legs that worry me. Going from stick thin legs to having legs like a track cyclist is suspicious in a sport were there is so little time for hypertrophy training.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:

wonder, was he doping both chang and lendl during 1989 RG?

http://www.ina.fr/video/I05272465

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
wonder, was he doping both chang and lendl during 1989 RG?

http://www.ina.fr/video/I05272465

Personally, I don't speak French so can't comment on that article.

Andre Agassi said in his autobiography Chang undertook a "dramatic metamorphosis in his game" and started to play "like a flea on speed" (which is ironic because Agassi himself tested positive for speed) soon after coming onto the tour.

I would guess that in 1989, it was too early for EPO to make it into tennis but Chang was likely on low dose steroids, cortisone, HGH and stimulants.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
recall also that interview recently with some Austrian semi-pro who said Nadal dopes and the ATP knows but does nothing. Nobody seems to lost much sleep over that either. Tennis is pretty sick.

Again these baseless accusations. Nadal is a tennis player, not a filthy cyclist. It's not as if he was involved with Puerto or some other scandal.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
It's Murrays legs that worry me. Going from stick thin legs to having legs like a track cyclist is suspicious in a sport were there is so little time for hypertrophy training.
actually, I think he always had the legs. If you google image Edberg, who i would think, that he may have been the last of the clean guys, Edbery had nice muscular legs.

I think, Murray at 20 was stick thin upper body, but had muscular legs.

It is his upper body that has transformed over the past few years i think.

*i think. emphasis. I may have my memory wrong, but i do recall, thinking what a twig/stick of an upper torso, and what big legs. muscles legs. no arms or shoulders. Now, he has the upper body to match!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Personally, I don't speak French so can't comment on that article.

Andre Agassi said in his autobiography Chang undertook a "dramatic metamorphosis in his game" and started to play "like a flea on speed" (which is ironic because Agassi himself tested positive for speed) soon after coming onto the tour.

I would guess that in 1989, it was too early for EPO to make it into tennis but Chang was likely on low dose steroids, cortisone, HGH and stimulants.

not hgh in the 80s. just testo.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
pretty sure, always the legs.

2008, started on his program by now, but those legs are genetics. I will find an earlier pic in a sec

78917471-andy-murray-of-great-britain-in-action-during-gettyimages.jpg

more 2008
78872409-andy-murray-of-great-britian-hits-a-backhand-gettyimages.jpg

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
not hgh in the 80s. just testo.

I thought Carl Lewis was the growth hormone fiend, hence the brace in the 80's and early development of arthritis.

I also thought the 84 LA games were nicknamed the "Growth hormone games".

BALCO was a pretty advanced lab high level athletes, I'd expect them to be an early adopter of growth hormone.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
I thought Carl Lewis was the growth hormone fiend, hence the brace in the 80's and early development of arthritis.

I also thought the 84 LA games were nicknamed the "Growth hormone games".

BALCO was a pretty advanced lab high level athletes, I'd expect them to be an early adopter of growth hormone.
you may well be right. they were using it early.

but they had to extract it from cadavers.

A massive dose of testo and other steroids (inandof themselves, growth factors) could do something, but more marginal admittedly.

You are prolly right on LA Games, and I defer to your understanding (and memory and nickname ;)

Arnie never got that size of head from his genetics and own pituitary gland.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
What happened to our resident tennis expert? Or bull****ter whatever you choose.

But the thing thats bugging me is the lack of mentally disturbed tennis parents at the tournament right now at the Aussie Open. Bring those those folks back for the laffs, fights and stuff.

TRENDING THREADS