• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis is ridiculous

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:
What happened to our resident tennis expert? Or bull****ter whatever you choose.

But the thing thats bugging me is the lack of mentally disturbed tennis parents at the tournament right now at the Aussie Open. Bring those those folks back for the laffs, fights and stuff.
Jijm Pierce/Pearce FTW.

he outdoes Richard Williams and Eldrick Woods old man.

dont bother being fooled by the first generation parents in Aus, John Tomic and Damir Dokic, who have nothing on Richar Williams and Mary kill the ***** Jim Pearce

Briant_Gumble said:
Wawrinka triumphs over an "injury hit" Nadal.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/25893279

Apparently, he's almost never lost on the tour when fit and healthy.

But seriously his blisters did look bad. ...

The players are now almost dead when they reach the final of a major tournament. The likes of Nadal and Murray are busy destroying their bodies aged 27 or thereabouts. Are the bosses taking notice? I doubt it. Let the circus continue.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
perhaps this thread can be merged with the other tennis thread into one tennis thread?
(preferably using the title of this thread...)

robow7 said:
Not only the governing body of tennis doesn't want to admit to any problem but neither do the fans. I engaged in a thread on probably the most used tennis forum a while back and got my posts and photos deleted exposing a bodily transformation of Sam and another young woman on the tour. You look at Nadal's biceps and abs and according to Uncle Tony, the kid has never spent a day in the gym and yet Nadal fans just accept that it's all natural.

There is no way Nadal looks normal! Why tennis officials, tennis writers and commentators continue to stick their heads in the sand is like listening to McQuaid and Liggett.

There is no way Nadal looks normal!

Really?? and what does looking "normal" look like??

Define your normal looking 27 year old professional sportsman who trains countless hours per week and has done so for well over 10 years.....what do they look like??

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
JackRabbitSlims said:
Define your normal looking 27 year old professional sportsman who trains countless hours per week and has done so for well over 10 years.....what do they look like??
Give or take...

luther_evertconnors_post.jpg

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
There is no way Nadal looks normal! Why tennis officials, tennis writers and commentators continue to stick their heads in the sand is like listening to McQuaid and Liggett.

Nadal is actually carrying quite a lot less muscle mass now than he was 3/4/5yrs ago IMO.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
JackRabbitSlims said:
There is no way Nadal looks normal!

Really?? and what does looking "normal" look like??

The thing is Nadal says he neither lifts weights nor does he follow any kind of nutritional plan.

Maybe if he did either of those things it would be believable.

Your talking about the most physically developed player (in terms of muscle and endurance) in a sport that has had dirty competitors for at least 25 years

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
The thing is Nadal says he neither lifts weights nor does he follow any kind of nutritional plan.

I doubt this is true. That body mass must be from training. With or without doping, muscles must be trained.

I would chalk this up in the category: Psychological warfare. Saying you live a relaxed life to demotivate your colleagues who are pushing hours and hours into training.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
I doubt this is true. That body mass must be from training. With or without doping, muscles must be trained.

I would chalk this up in the category: Psychological warfare. Saying you live a relaxed life to demotivate your colleagues who are pushing hours and hours into training.
Training, of course, but with the right peds he probably doesnt need additional weightlifting.
Without peds, mortal human beings would get nadals muscle package only through additional muscle training, which would then go at the expense of things like stamina and agility.

Since the age of 12 Nadal has been all about tennis. McEnroe predicted about 5 years ago that Nadal's body would never last and he would not have a long career. Most of his matches against the best players are endurance tests and he wins by wearing them down physically and mentally. He seems to be injured at every Australian Open or most of them not to mention the excessive heat in Melbourne in January which makes it even worse. Any other player would have forfeited the final after the second set, it was pride that kept him on the court. No surprise that it's ankles and knees he has had problems with and now his back. I find it hard to believe he hasn't done gym work. he looks different to most of the other players and much bulkier. Chemicals would not surprise me.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
For a long time alot of people were working hardly every day, and they never get those kind of muscles, that are the results of PED!
If Nadal, and his fellows, can train harder than the players of 20-30 years ago, it's only because of PED!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
Training, of course, but with the right peds he probably doesnt need additional weightlifting.

Sorry, simply not buying that one with my current knowledge of doping. There is no drug cocktail that magically does both toning and slimming down without a lot of effort.

Such a dramatic bulking like Nadal had is more than just taking a few hormones and hitting a ball. Most probable is a full blown schedule+peds.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Giles Simon (think he is ranked somewhere between 20-30 in teh world) has the physique of an old school tennis player, he is very much the exception though.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:
Sorry, simply not buying that one with my current knowledge of doping. There is no drug cocktail that magically does both toning and slimming down without a lot of effort.

Such a dramatic bulking like Nadal had is more than just taking a few hormones and hitting a ball. Most probable is a full blown schedule+peds.
but he is on the court training for close to 6 hours a day. See how much flex he puts into his shots, that is enough strength and power movements, when you are taking the cocktail of roids, to get huge.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Giles Simon (think he is ranked somewhere between 20-30 in teh world) has the physique of an old school tennis player, he is very much the exception though.
think he has won 12 or 8 ATP tournaments. When he came up against either Tsonga or Monfils, he was about a dozen places below them, but he had about 4 more titles. Ofcourse, he may not have won a Masters title, the title ranking below a Slam.

But he has lots of skinny taut ropey muscle on that frame. Looking at Bjorg and Mcenroe, you can see the difference in quality of the upper body muscle. And early in their careers, they had to wield heavy wooden frames.

Not 12 v 8 inch biceps. Prolly both have 7 inch skinny biceps. But Giles Simon, taught, ropey, like an anorexic gymnast.

But then look at the definition and separation in Bjorn Bjorg's quads. Never seen lean quads with that definition. Quality legs and lean.

Now, why does he have a comparably "soft" upper body v quality legs?

Well, he did not have a soft upper torso, it just looks soft v the steroid monstes of today. But his legs are lean and defined, and the players of today dont have much superior legs, and not the lean(ness) of bjorg

respect to bjorg and mcenroe. I had high hopes that Bernard Tomic could bring back artistry to tennis, a chess on the court. He is also on a ****load of gear, but he will never make it cos he has no heart.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
think he has won 12 or 8 ATP tournaments. When he came up against either Tsonga or Monfils, he was about a dozen places below them, but he had about 4 more titles. Ofcourse, he may not have won a Masters title, the title ranking below a Slam.

But he has lots of skinny taut ropey muscle on that frame. Looking at Bjorg and Mcenroe, you can see the difference in quality of the upper body muscle. And early in their careers, they had to wield heavy wooden frames.

Not 12 v 8 inch biceps. Prolly both have 7 inch skinny biceps. But Giles Simon, taught, ropey, like an anorexic gymnast.

But then look at the definition and separation in Bjorn Bjorg's quads. Never seen lean quads with that definition. Quality legs and lean.

Now, why does he have a comparably "soft" upper body v quality legs?

Well, he did not have a soft upper torso, it just looks soft v the steroid monstes of today. But his legs are lean and defined, and the players of today dont have much superior legs, and not the lean(ness) of bjorg

respect to bjorg and mcenroe. I had high hopes that Bernard Tomic could bring back artistry to tennis, a chess on the court. He is also on a ****load of gear, but he will never make it cos he has no heart.

Agree, he is one of the few that looks like a distance runner as opposed to a sprinter.

Nadal's personal doctor, Dr Cotorro, flies out to Melbourne to treat his charge's blistered hand with some crazy wondermachine. This is the same Dr Cotorro who doubles as a doping control officer for the Spanish Tennis Federation.

Nice combination. The words conflict of interest do not exist in the Spanish sporting lexicon.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Banned again

I was banned again at "MensTennisForums".

Why ?

Another poster called Roger Federer a Fraud, because he thinks that Roger won most of his Grand Slams in a "weak era".

I replied:

Roger does not

- Misuse medical time outs to get a strategic advantage
- Get illegal coaching
- Use grunts and sneaker squeeks to throw off his opponent
- Repeatedly break the time limits while serving
- Use performance enhancing drugs to make up for a lack of tennis talent

It's not Roger that is the fraud !

I never accused any other specific players of doing these things, or even mentioned any other player's names anywhere in my post. Of course the mod who banned me knows who I am talking about, because THEY believe that this other player does all of these cheating activities that I said that Roger DOESN'T do.

It's a virtual admission that they KNOW this other player is a CHEAT, but they will still cover up for him. The Omerta in Tennis is MUCH stronger than it ever was in cycling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts