• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thüringen-Rundfahrt U23 (08.06.-15.06.)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ewan clocks up another win. Stage 7 result:

1 EWAN Caleb 8 5
2 NIELSEN Magnus Cort Team Cult Energy 5 2
3 DOULL Owain 2 1
4 TEUNISSEN Mike Rabobank Development Team
5 GEERINCKX Ruben
6 DIETEREN Jan Team Stölting
7 SüTTERLIN Jasha Thuringer Energie Team
8 FRAME Alex Thuringer Energie Team
9 VAN DER POEL David BKCP-Powerplus
10 VAN DER LIJKE Nick Rabobank Development Team

GC:

1 VAN BAARLE Dylan Rabobank Development Team 40 25
2 NORMANN HANSEN Lasse Blue Water Cycling 30 18
3 HOWSON Damien 16 14
4 PHELAN Adam Drapac Cycling Team 12 11
5 VINK Michael 10 8
6 EISENHART Taylor 8 6
7 STEROBO Rasmus Team Cult Energy 6 4
8 HERKLOTZ Silvio Team Stölting 3 3
9 VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael Team Cult Energy 2
10 YATES Simon 1

Garmin 1-2.

Well, the three best allrounders won. Fine for me.

Herklotz probably one of the strongest riders here anyway. He'll have some more editions to win this race. Which can't be said of Sütterlin, probably. Bit of bad luck throughout the week.

I also liked the performances of Yates, Alaphilippe and Cort Nielsen. Bunch of strong promising riders.

Wallenquist said:
My private top five:

- Caleb Ewan
- Fredrik Ludvigsson
- Pierre Henri Lecuisinier
- Silvio Herkoltz
- Federico Zurlo

Mohoric had some bad luck this season due to crashes, so looking at his 2012 he should also be there. Mads Wurtz Schmitz did also great last year.

Some more names: Florian Senechal, Sondre Holst Enger (not great in the junior ranks but he is doing really good now), Niccolo Bonifazio (very impressive first year in the U23s and is having a good year again this year). And then you have Colombia's biggest talent Miguel Angel Lopez.

TeoSheva said:
A kind of new Henao/Quintana/Betancur? or something different?

He is a climber with a good time trial aswell (especially for how he is build). He was dominating the climbs in the junior category in Colombia. Now he is a first year U23 now and has already shown some very promising results (also between the elite).

But im sure there are others on this forum who can tell you more about him then I can.

IMG_9164.JPG

Ruudz0r said:
He is a climber with a good time trial aswell (especially for how he is build). He was dominating the climbs in the junior category in Colombia. Now he is a first year U23 now and has already shown some very promising results (also between the elite).

But im sure there are others on this forum who can tell you more about him then I can.

IMG_9164.JPG

maybe Ryo if he sees this topic :)

thanks for your answer btw!

TRENDING THREADS