• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2014 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
260 + 45 + 45 so at least 350 :D and probably some points classification points as well:)
Plus a few points for leading the GC so around 400 points for the week probably. My two >400 points Degenkolb and Contador are on fire at the moment, which is fine by me. The only problem is that most of my cheaper riders which are only like 94% of my team don't look very good.
Anybody interested in me doing the multi year ranking after MSR ?

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
120 points from Styby :) good enough for me :p

Nope. The information about him finishing 5th was false. He ended up being 15th, which means 38 points :(

On a more positive note, I'm pretty happy with Betancur's season this far :cool:

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Gallopin did alright earning a 10th spot in PN for me. Looks like he is getting in shape on time for the classics. Just hope he isn't hurt too much by his crash today. :(

Okay, so now all I need is Bennati to do a Ciolek in MSR and I'm just fine next week even without any GC riders in TA :)

Well, Paris-Nice was a bit of disaster. I think Goss' 2nd place in a stage was about it. Luckily I have Conti's stage wins and Formolo's 40 points from Taiwan to keep me afloat a little bit. I expect a drop this week, but with (fingers crossed) virtually guaranteed points from Conti come Tuesday, and a bunch of decent contenders for MSR, next week's looking alright already.

At the top of the heap, GTF looks to have a killer team (although less so after Kiwi cracked today, but he's still got Quintana for T-A). Earlier this week when I was stoked about Formolo getting some points from Taiwan, I saw that not only does GTF have Di Gregorio, but also Markus freakin' Eibegger! I mean, who saw that coming? That was the same day, I believe, that one of his zero-pointers (Beltran) got one of those oh-so-common mid-March WorldTour contracts. Yeesh, you've gotta be good to be lucky, and rising to the top of this game takes a bit of both.

skidmark said:
At the top of the heap, GTF looks to have a killer team (although less so after Kiwi cracked today, but he's still got Quintana for T-A). Earlier this week when I was stoked about Formolo getting some points from Taiwan, I saw that not only does GTF have Di Gregorio, but also Markus freakin' Eibegger! I mean, who saw that coming? That was the same day, I believe, that one of his zero-pointers (Beltran) got one of those oh-so-common mid-March WorldTour contracts. Yeesh, you've gotta be good to be lucky, and rising to the top of this game takes a bit of both.

:p

Although I did pick Beltran on the basis that he'd be leading Ceramica Flaminia (now Nankang) in lots of Italian races. I'm not sure if he'll do as well (CQ wise) jumping straight to a WT team.

Geraint Too Fast said:
:p

Although I did pick Beltran on the basis that he'd be leading Ceramica Flaminia (now Nankang) in lots of Italian races. I'm not sure if he'll do as well (CQ wise) jumping straight to a WT team.

It's true, sometimes those things work worse (just like when a rider transfer makes him a leader but he's a bad CQ pick because it just means he'll finish anonymously in the Tour or something instead of riding a bunch of other races consistently). I guess the WT is tantalizing just because there are so many points on offer that if you can capitalize, you're doing great. If Moreno Moser had signed for Bardiani his first year, he'd have topped out at 600 points instead of over 1000, for example, but usually it's the other way around. Either way, good eye on all the above-named picks.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
It's true, sometimes those things work worse (just like when a rider transfer makes him a leader but he's a bad CQ pick because it just means he'll finish anonymously in the Tour or something instead of riding a bunch of other races consistently). I guess the WT is tantalizing just because there are so many points on offer that if you can capitalize, you're doing great. If Moreno Moser had signed for Bardiani his first year, he'd have topped out at 600 points instead of over 1000, for example, but usually it's the other way around. Either way, good eye on all the above-named picks.

Yeah, learning a lot here and while luck is always a factor it looks like the guys who are at the top of these games consistently (like GTF and a few others) know their **** and do proper research. Some of the guys that scored at the Tour of Taiwan - never even heard of them or their teams, so well done finding these promising riders that lead not well known teams and score in 1.1 races in Asia. That all adds up and makes the difference at the end, I guess.

DJ Sprtsch said:
Ho hum. What a bummer yesterday was in TA. I have Uran, Porte and Kwiatowski - what could go wrong, massive amount points were coming my way.

Feel your pain with Porte and to a lesser extent Uran, Contador will dull my pain though,

Any way - not much from P-N but at least Andy Schleck had the deceny to finish disapointed that my zero pointer Chavanel's brother dnf though, Yates (Simon) 5 points too, Boonen ten points from Stages, More points from the incomplete T-A Mainly Contador but a few bits and pieces elsewhere

8 points from Ruben Fernadez aswell

To the rest of T-A and then Milan San Remo

Update #10: Has the Wizard of Oz lost his mojo?!

After 9 week of ozzie dominance at the top, leadership has changed for the first time in this year's cq game. Geraint Too Fast took over the lead, the Wizard of Oz dropped two places and is down to 3rd.

Geraint too Fast took advantage of Rémy di Gregorio's win and the surprisingly strong performance of Markus Eibegger in the Tour of Taiwan which made him able to grap the lead ahead of the strongly upcoming team of SteelyDan. This week's highscorer moved up from 22nd to 2nd - and if Richie Porte hadn't been swapped from Paris Nice to Tirreno Adriato as a last minute call, who knows if it might have even been the lead.

Generally there has been a lot of movement and mainly because of Betancur winning Paris Nice the teams of Yellow Night, Froome19 and Mellow Velo all were able to step up massively and conquer the Top 10 without having even been in striking distance before.

Behind Steelyban's enomous 796 points - the 2nd best scoring so far this year - the Velorooms collective team came 2nd in the list of this week's top scorers - followed by Froome19, search and Mello Velo.

Despite the fact of starting the game eight riders down, fraserhughes' remaining players were able to earn him an impressive move of 60 places, whereby he is also this week's highest mover, closely followed by olopaine, highoctane, al_pacino, ironsscally.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 SteelyDan 796
2 VeloRooms 686
3 Froome19 685
4 Mellow Velo 679
5 search 677

This Week's High Movers

1 fraserhughes (+60)
2 olopaine (+57)
3 highoctane (+56)
3 al_pacino (+56)
5 ironsscally (+55)

Top 10 Overall

1 (+1) Geraint Too Fast 2699
2 (+20) SteelyDan 2545
3 (-2) wizard_of_oz 2503
4 (+15) Yellow Knight 2423
5 (+23) Froome19 2396
6 (-) knallertjeblaf 2392
7 (-4) lenissart 2367
8 (+29) Mellow Velo 2322
9 (-5) just some guy 2320
10 (-3) Ruvu75 2300

With Tirreno-Adriatico still running and Milan Sanremo coming up, massive points are available this week again. Ruvu75, currently 10th, is the highest placed team includining Tirreno Adriatico's likely winner Alberto COntador, while Geraint Too Fast will try to defend his position in the lead with a good result from Nairo Quintana. Or will another surprise winner in Sanremo turn the standings upside down!? We will see, stay tuned...

Download the Spreadsheet