• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2015 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Startlists

Hi all,

Firstly i must apologise about not posting a startlist in the last couple of weeks. I work away a regularly and can only do the startlists intermittently...

So i am putting a call out to anyone who has a little bit of excel knowledge and would like to help a one day a fortnight or maybe two if you like! All you would have to do is copy and paste (and do a tiny bit of tidying) the startlists from cycling fever. Anyway if you want to help just PM me and we can go from there.

Anyway i was thinking as the startlists are getting updated regularly i am going to keep updating the same document in dropbox. That way if you save the document in dropbox and keep opening it from there it should always be the latest version. I was thinking that way if you bookmark it it should be a quick way to get to it and you dont have to trawl through the forum looking for the latest link.

Also i have noticed sometimes there are spelling mistakes in the main lists so it wont link on your page - so if you notice that a rider is not in your list, copy the riders name and go to the main page and fix the spelling of the rider there...

So anyway, here is the link to startlists that will not change from now!

Cheers,

Dig.

Wow, this is really unexpected, me in the lead. But, why not, that's why I participate, don't I :cool:

On this historic occasion I downloaded the spreadsheet which I do not do very often only to find out that I have De Gendt on my team! I totally forgot about him, I probably considered him as such an obvious choice that I overlooked him each time I looked at composition of my team. It's really funny because when he went to win Mountains classification at Paris-Nice I remember thinking to myself, oh not him, he is probably on almost everyone's team except mine and he is going to earn so many easy points for the jersey... What a pleasant surprise that he earned those points also for my team :)

As if that was not enough, I discovered another mystery about my team. The spreadsheet says my rider Pieter Vanspeybroeck scored 0 points, although I remember him scoring some points somewhere. As it turned out, CQ renamed him between 2014 and 2015 seasons! This year he appears in their files as Pieter Vanspeybrouck, so skidmark, if you could please add his 15 points to my score :D (and of course also to Nicosix who has him too)

Re:

PeterB said:
Wow, this is really unexpected, me in the lead. But, why not, that's why I participate, don't I :cool:

On this historic occasion I downloaded the spreadsheet which I do not do very often only to find out that I have De Gendt on my team! I totally forgot about him, I probably considered him as such an obvious choice that I overlooked him each time I looked at composition of my team. It's really funny because when he went to win Mountains classification at Paris-Nice I remember thinking to myself, oh not him, he is probably on almost everyone's team except mine and he is going to earn so many easy points for the jersey... What a pleasant surprise that he earned those points also for my team :)

As if that was not enough, I discovered another mystery about my team. The spreadsheet says my rider Pieter Vanspeybroeck scored 0 points, although I remember him scoring some points somewhere. As it turned out, CQ renamed him between 2014 and 2015 seasons! This year he appears in their files as Pieter Vanspeybrouck, so skidmark, if you could please add his 15 points to my score :D (and of course also to Nicosix who has him too)

Yeah congratulations on the lead! I have to admit that I did a double take when I updated the spreadsheet; I guess I had paid attention to the teams at the top while you snuck into 5th place, and then came seemingly out of nowhere to grab the top spot. That's great.

And I appreciate you pointing out the typo - I'll fix it for future updates.

Re:

So here is my line-up for tomorrow : Benoot, Sénéchal, Boom, Vansummeren, Sagan, Goss and D. Quintana.
A neo-pro, a second year pro who is starting to get into form, a Colombian climber, a Dutchman who can't stay on his bike at the moment, a Belgian who has been so bad that I had forgotten I had picked him, a Slovak who gets worse with every passing race and Goss. What could possibly go wrong ? At least thanks to Küng, this week is not a complete waste.

I'm late to post the starting lineups for today's 1.1 races but I didn't get any points anyway so I'm going to pretend they don't exist. On to tomorrow and next week, my favourite week of the cycling season:

Paris-Camembert I have Ledanois, Rioja I have Ewan. But who are we kidding? It's all about Flanders.

Flanders

Stuyven
Gaudin
Stannard
Sagan
Goss

And also, who are we kidding? It's all about Sagan. This is it, this is why I picked him, because I thought he could improve in Monuments while not getting worse in other races. I have been wrong in the second part, I hope not to be wrong in the first.

Pais Vasco

Atapuma
Dennis
Sergio Henao
Simon Yates
Clement Chevrier
Vervaeke
Purito
Mohoric

This is a decently strong lineup (with some learning neopros). Fingers crossed that Rodriguez is recovered from his virus and can get the top 5 he's capable of. Who knows where Dennis is at in terms of form, and Atapuma/Van Garderen have both looked good so he'll probably work for them. Henao looked good in Coppi e Bartali but it should be too soon to hope.

Sarthe

Moser
Hivert

This is Hivert's kind of race.

Scheldeprijs

Gaudin
Stannard
Sagan
Stuyven
McLay

If Sagan decides to go for the sprint, that'd be nice, but I'd imagine he'll want to stay out of trouble for Roubaix

Roubaix

Stuyven
Sagan
Stannard
Gaudin

Obviously Sagan; Stannard has a chance if things go a certain way, and this is why I put Gaudin on my team, this race alone. Stuyven probably can't hack the distance.

Resting the next week's hopes on a few big names; it could really go any number of ways.

Ewan won today, Boom finally converted his form into points instead of crashing all the time, Sagan didn't blow at the end of the race for a change and I think I actually spotted Goss at one point during the race. Happy with how they all went today :) But the real star of my team today is Benoot. What a beast, I can't remeber a more impressive ride from a neo-pro since Boonen's PR 2002 :eek:

Now it's time for the Quintana show in Pais Vasco. It looks like after a sluggish start to the year, my team is starting to gain some momentum.

skidmark said:
Paris-Camembert I have Ledanois, Rioja I have Ewan. But who are we kidding? It's all about Flanders.
Actually, Ledanois and Ewan almost managed to outscore your Flanders team :p

Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde (2.HC)
KUENG Stefan 99

Volta Limburg Classic (1.1)
KUENG Stefan 80

Ronde van Vlaanderen (1.WT)
STYBAR Zdenek 70
PAOLINI Luca 5
STANNARD Ian 5
JUUL JENSEN Christopher 5
GATTO Oscar 5
SENECHAL Florian 5
VERHELST Louis 5
JANSE VAN RENSBURG Reinardt 5
GAUDIN Damien 5

Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja (1.1)
EWAN Caleb 80

GP Adria Mobil
KUMP Marko 15

Total: 384
thanx god for Küng :D all my riders finished RVV :eek:

Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco (2.WT)
POLJANSKI Pawel
ATAPUMA HURTADO Jhon Darwin
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio
CRADDOCK Lawson
MOHORIC Matej

Circuit Cycliste Sarthe - Pays de la Loire (2.1)
MOSER Moreno
VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
HIVERT Jonathan
ROLLIN Dominique
STORTONI Simone

Scheldeprijs (1.HC)
GAUDIN Damien
STANNARD Ian
JUUL JENSEN Christopher
GATTO Oscar
SENECHAL Florian
VERHELST Louis
RATTO Daniele

Paris - Roubaix (1.WT)
JUUL JENSEN Christopher
PAOLINI Luca
STANNARD Ian
GAUDIN Damien
STYBAR Zdenek
JANSE VAN RENSBURG Reinardt
ROLLIN Dominique
SENECHAL Florian

looking a bit meh

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

The rise of Küng? Also first points for Teuns and Geoghean Hart, Sagan and Roelandts doing ok.
Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde (2.HC)
KÜNG Stefan 99

Ronde van Vlaanderen (1.UWT)
ROELANDTS Jürgen 80
SAGAN Peter 125
STANNARD Ian 5
VANMARCKE Sep 5

Volta Limburg Classic (1.1)
KÜNG Stefan 80
TEUNS Dylan 40

Trofeo Piva 1.2U
GEOGHEGAN HART Tao 5

Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja (1.1)
EWAN Caleb 80

519 points.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Giro Belvedere di Villa di Cordignano (1.2U)
http://www.girodelbelvedere.it/pages/elenco_iscritti.php
GEOGHEGAN HART Tao
KÄMNA Lennard
MÜHLBERGER Gregor

Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco (2.UWT)
BELTRAN SUAREZ Edward Alexander
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
LUDVIGSSON Fredrik
TURGIS Anthony
YATES Simon

Scheldeprijs (1.HC)
SAGAN Peter
STANNARD Ian
VANMARCKE Sep

Ronde van Vlaanderen Beloften (1.Ncup)
http://rvv.pro.p.assets.flanderscla.../RvV_B_inschrijvingslijst_26-3.pdf?1427380202
BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
KASPERKIEWICZ Przemyslaw
MÜHLBERGER Gregor

Paris - Roubaix (1.UWT)
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
ROELANDTS Jürgen
SAGAN Peter
STANNARD Ian
VANMARCKE Sep

Klasika Primavera de Amorebieta (1.1)
BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
SOLER GIMENEZ Marc

I have many youngsters riding but depend heavily again on the points of Roelandts, Sagan and Vanmarcke.

Hey guys, I was hoping it might be the case that the CQ update was out early Monday this week but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm in transit all day so I won't be able to get the update out until quite a bit later, sometime in the next 24 hours though. Hopefully this builds anticipation instead of disappointment!

Update #13: EvansIsTheBest is the best, leaderboard shakes up again

*note: I know I just said I couldn't do an update today but I got through airport security real fast and had time to whip this up before my flight*

In a 'lighter' week than the last few weeks (because, you know, there was only a monument - ie. there are no light weeks between March and July really), the winner of the week only scored 601 points, which is a good week by any measure, but not quite hitting the quadruple digits of the past couple of weeks. But, who's to complain? Not EvansIsTheBest, that's for sure - his team's struggles in the first couple of months and his recent resurgence have been self-chronicled on the cyclingnews thread, so I won't add anything but to say that with decent showing from Sagan, Boom and Ewan, and especially precocious performances from impressive neo-pros Kung and Benoot, his team takes top spot this week. He is also the week's highest mover, cracking the top 60 overall after moving up 37 more places. Take heart if you are in the second half of the standings, folks - this story reminds us that it's a season-long game.

This week's top scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 EvansIsTheBest 601
2 kabete 525
3 rote_laterne 519
4 Jpettersen 511
5 HelgeBlendet 504

This week's high movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 EvansIsTheBest (+37)
2 kabete (+31)
2 HelgeBlendet (+31)
4 Jpettersen (+29)
4 fauniera (+29)

This week's green jersey competition was a little quiet - EITB, by virtue of his 45 points on top of 22 for a 5th place 2 weeks ago, cracks the top 10 overall but the rest stays the same. 116 teams have now scored at least a point for the year.

Points competition standings

Rank Team Points
1 LaFlorecita 85
2 Kjellus 82
3 The Hitch 72
4 afpm90 71
5 asdfgh101 69
5 jeroenk 69
7 EvansIsTheBest 67
8 search 67
9 greenedge 65
10 Geraint Too Fast 64

As has been the case the last few weeks, there is some considerable shakeup in the overall. After dropping out of top spot last week, Geraint Too Fast rides a solid performance from Sagan (even if the greater context of his season is lukewarm for those who have him) to retake a slim 17-point lead over now-2nd place PeterB. greenedge stands firm in third place, while 7th-on-the-week derrudi and snccdcno ride into the top 10. Kazistuta and skidmark (again! ugh) fall out of the top 10. For those who are interested, our two 'popular riders' teams performed rather poorly this week (90th and 134th), and would be in 61st (Froome team) and 83rd (Rodriguez team) overall respectively. Conclusion - we're not that smart! Yet.

The end of the cobbled classics come this week, so for those who have a cobbles-heavy team, enjoy it while you can, and for those who have a climber-heavy team, get ready!

Spreadsheet at dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/clojoznjepjal ... 3.xls?dl=0

skidmark said:
Update #13: EvansIsTheBest is the best, leaderboard shakes up again

As has been the case the last few weeks, there is some considerable shakeup in the overall. After dropping out of top spot last week, Geraint Too Fast rides a solid performance from Sagan (even if the greater context of his season is lukewarm for those who have him) to retake a slim 17-point lead over now-2nd place PeterB. greenedge stands firm in third place, while 7th-on-the-week derrudi and snccdcno ride into the top 10. Kazistuta and skidmark (again! ugh) fall out of the top 10. For those who are interested, our two 'popular riders' teams performed rather poorly this week (90th and 134th), and would be in 61st (Froome team) and 83rd (Rodriguez team) overall respectively. Conclusion - we're not that smart! Yet.

The end of the cobbled classics come this week, so for those who have a cobbles-heavy team, enjoy it while you can, and for those who have a climber-heavy team, get ready!

Spreadsheet at dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/clojoznjepjal ... 3.xls?dl=0
Just wanted to post current Top10 which was dropped from skidmark's weekly update:

1 (+1) Geraint Too Fast 4580
2 (-1) PeterB 4563
3 (-) greenedge 4491
4 (+3) Skibby the bush kangaroo 4370
5 (+5) *Falze* 4328
6 (-2) jeroenk 4302
7 (-) will10 4301
8 (+9) derrudi 4233
9 (-3) asdfgh101 4232
10 (+3) snccdcno 4195

Alas, too many of my riders were too lazy to finish in Flanders, good-bye nr. 1 (for now :D ).
It is also amazing how close some teams still are, although we seem to have at least some buffer at the very top - e.g. 6th and 7th, 8th and 9th, 12th and 13th difference just 1 point, 19th to 22nd divided just by two points between each of them, with 2 other teams sitting with the same score on 23rd just further 8 points down. I mean, this can so easily be turned upside down from week to week, once someone's rare rider scores big somewhere...