• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2015 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Those last few km must have hurt for those with Sagan :eek: :eek:

Yeah, that was not easy to watch.

Once again, just like in MSR I was hoping for boatload of points from Sagan & Styby.

So last week Styby crashed on the Poggio descent and Sagan cracked yesterday.

Hopefully the will go 1&2 at the Ronde next week to make up for all the bad luck :D

next week
Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde (2.HC)
BLYTHE Adam
KUENG Stefan
GATTO Oscar
RUFFONI Nicola

Gran Premio Miguel Indurain (1.1)
DOMBROWSKI Joe
MOHORIC Matej

Route Adélie de Vitré (1.1)
ROLLIN Dominique
STORTONI Simone
RATTO Daniele

Volta Limburg Classic (1.1)
KUENG Stefan
RUFFONI Nicola

Ronde van Vlaanderen (1.WT)
STYBAR Zdenek
PAOLINI Luca
STANNARD Ian
JUUL JENSEN Christopher
GATTO Oscar
SENECHAL Florian
VERHELST Louis
JANSE VAN RENSBURG Reinardt

Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja (1.1)
EWAN Caleb
LASCA Francesco

Paris-Camembert (1.1)
RATTO Daniele
ROLLIN Dominique
STORTONI Simone

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
PAOLINI Luca - 95 points, 16 picks (fave)
This honestly surprises me. 16 picks? Yes, he'll be 38 in a couple days, yes, he'll slave for Kristoff most of the time. But he could just as well get into a break and win a big race, or place well. Look at his cost, and his CQ points history, and tell me it is not worth the risk :p Hoping for 250 points.

:D :D :D

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
LaFlorecita said:
PAOLINI Luca - 95 points, 16 picks (fave)
This honestly surprises me. 16 picks? Yes, he'll be 38 in a couple days, yes, he'll slave for Kristoff most of the time. But he could just as well get into a break and win a big race, or place well. Look at his cost, and his CQ points history, and tell me it is not worth the risk :p Hoping for 250 points.

:D :D :D
Nice prediction :D

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (2.WT)
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 142
ATAPUMA HURTADO Jhon Darwin 89
PORTE Richie 285
HIVERT Jonathan 17
Total: 533

Dwars door Vlaanderen (1.HC)
GATTO Oscar 11
Total: 11

Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali (2.1)
RUFFONI Nicola 3
STORTONI Simone 35
HENAO GOMEZ Sergio 8
Total: 46

E3 Harelbeke (1.WT)
STYBAR Zdenek 132
STANNARD Ian 10
GATTO Oscar 13
JANSE VAN RENSBURG Reinardt 5
GAUDIN Damien 5
PAOLINI Luca 5
Total: 170

Gent - Wevelgem (1.WT)
STYBAR Zdenek 5
SENECHAL Florian 17
PAOLINI Luca 220
Total: 242

Classica Corsica (1.1)
RATTO Daniele 40
Total: 40

Critérium International (2.HC)
POLJANSKI Pawel 6
Total: 6

Total for this week: 1048. I am HAPPY :)

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Underwhelming week:
Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (2.UWT)
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben 5
KANGERT Tanel 5
KöNIG Leopold 5
SEPULVEDA Eduardo 5
SOLER GIMENEZ Marc 8
TEUNS Dylan 5

Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali (2.1)
HENAO GOMEZ Sebastian 8

E3 Harelbeke (1.UWT)
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald 17
ROELANDTS Jürgen 66
SAGAN Peter 6
STANNARD Ian 10
VANMARCKE Sep 86

Gent - Wevelgem (1.UWT)
ROELANDTS Jürgen 66
SAGAN Peter 46
VANMARCKE Sep 76

414 points. Only positive surprise was Marc Soler. Roelandts and Vanmarcke doing okay but don't bring the big points. Still hoping for Sagan to go into profit but chances are diminishing from day to day.

Next week I have riding:
Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde (2.HC)
GODOY Yonder Eduardo
KÜNG Stefan
QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney

Ronde van Vlaanderen (1.UWT)
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
ROELANDTS Jürgen
SAGAN Peter
STANNARD Ian
VANMARCKE Sep

Volta Limburg Classic (1.1)
KÜNG Stefan
TEUNS Dylan

Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja (1.1)
BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
EWAN Caleb
KASPERKIEWICZ Przemysław
SOLER GIMENEZ Marc
YATES Simon

Hopes laying again on those riding Vlaanderen minus Quintana Dayer.

Uppdate #12: Go with the Flo! Thousand points cracked by weekly winner as lead changes hands again

This was a busy week with a lot of popular and semi-popular riders flaming out. Cavendish, Boasson Hagen, Ewan, Stannard, and semi-popular expensive picks like Froome and Sagan all had disappointing weeks. Richie Porte continued his tear, and the game's most popular rider Sergio Henao returned to racing about as soon as one could have hoped, culminating with a 6th place stage finish on the mountain stage of Coppi e Bartali and his first 8 points of the year (beyond the game, good news for his health, as his injury could have been career-ending). With all that going on, and all the races from 2 WT 1-day races to the 1.HC DDV to Catalunya to Criterium International, the week's winner was going to get points from alot of places and from more unique picks. When the dust settled, it was self-professed Contador fangirl LaFlorecita taking the week's honours with a whopping 1048 points, besting second place by over 100 just like Trudgin last week. Unique pick Contador scored well, of course, and not-so-unique pick Porte, but also Stybar and, with one of the canniest and most impressive rides I've seen in cycling in awhile, old man Luca Paolini all scored over 100 points for LaFlo. Atapuma, Ratto, Strotoni and Gatto and a few other smaller points added up to that massive total. Second place kjellus, quiet since the first week co-win after the Aussie nats, had the Porte/Paolini combo as well, as well as Atapuma, but got supplementary points from Roelendts, Keukeleire, Pantano and Chaves among others. Third place Nicosix had some of the abovementioned riders plus Dan Martin, Fedrigo and Boudat to name a few. Lots of names scoring this week.

This week's top scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 LaFlorecita 1048
2 Kjellus 929
3 Nicosix 926
4 simple 917
5 PeterB 915

In the high movers, LaFlo tops things again with a massive 60 point jump to 34th. Different names make up the rest of the top 5, with last year's winner Pentacycle making his first appearance on an update this year, leaping 35 places to 60th overall.

This week's high movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 LaFlorecita (+60)
2 Jspear (+40)
3 simple (+39)
4 mutschi (+35)
4 Pentacycle (+35)

For the monthly standings (we won't count the points on offer on Tuesday in De Panne as this month, hope that's okay), weekly 5th high scorer PeterB (remember this name, it will be important later on) takes the honours, with a 'sh*t is getting real in March' score of 2445 for the month. More than half that total is from 3 riders (Porte, Uran, Paolini), but Roelandts, Stannard, Seb Henao and Ewan have all scored more than 100 points for the team this month.

Monthly Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this month
1 PeterB 2445
2 Ruudz0r 2431
3 greenedge 2424
4 Popchu 2361
5 asdfgh101 2360
6 Geraint Too Fast 2331
7 LaFlorecita 2329
8 Kazistuta 2313
9 Nicosix 2288
10 derrudi 2274

For movement on the rankings table, LaFlo had a great week, but one team had an even better month. Ruudz0r moved up an eye-watering 85 points on the month, more than half the entire table.

This month's high movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Ruudz0r (+85)
2 LaFlorecita (+74)
3 Eyeballs Out (+53)
4 Popchu (+49)
5 AlyKaptan (+47)
6 Nicosix (+46)
7 derrudi (+45)
8 cj2002 (+43)
9 Jspear (+41)
10 EvansIsTheBest (+38)

For the green jersey competition, LaFlo's strong showing a few weeks ago combined with this week's win, and kjellus' 2nd place this week after splitting top spot back in week 1 makes for a new top 2 overall. LaFlo is in the lead by the slimmest of margins, and previous leader The Hitch drops to third.

Points Competition

Rank Team Points
1 LaFlorecita 85
2 Kjellus 82
3 The Hitch 72
4 afpm90 71
5 asdfgh101 69
5 jeroenk 69
7 search 67
8 greenedge 65
9 Geraint Too Fast 64
10 Ceramiche_Cauz 62

And finally... perhaps no surprise here, the top of the table was overturned again. All of last week's top 4 had disappointing weeks (I'm sure Geraint Too Fast felt the same pain I did watching Sagan bleed hundreds of points in the final 4km of E3), and the new leader leaps into the position from 5th! I told you to remember the name - PeterB is our new leader! No one maintained their position in the top 10, as asdfgh101, Skibby and *Falze* all jump over 5 spots into the top 10, while Object (who falls all the way out from the podium last week), trackstand and the youngest all fall over 6 places out of the top 10. Be sure to scroll down the table, some insane snakes-and-ladders type jumps all over the place.

Top 10 overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+4) PeterB 4274
2 (-1) Geraint Too Fast 4254
3 (+4) greenedge 4086
4 (-2) jeroenk 4071
5 (+4) Kazistuta 4035
6 (+5) asdfgh101 3987
7 (-1) will10 3942
7 (+9) Skibby the bush kangaroo 3942
9 (-5) skidmark 3906
10 (+8) *Falze* 3857

Spreadsheet at dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebd7rsbaa7s3f ... 2.xls?dl=0

Re:

postmanhat said:
Definitely beginning to think I took the wrong Teuns. Hats off to whoever has Ed.

Nice to see Van Keirsbluck pick up some more points today though in DDV. Hopefully he's just warming up for the next month.

Only Henao in Settimana tomorrow, and Jungels in Corsica.

yeah ed has been a monster going have huge season

Re:

postmanhat said:
Definitely beginning to think I took the wrong Teuns. Hats off to whoever has Ed.

Nice to see Van Keirsbluck pick up some more points today though in DDV. Hopefully he's just warming up for the next month.

Same here, but the other (so far not scoring Teuns), is another type of rider..So let's wait for it.

So far picking van Keirsbulck is not best I did. He's scoring almost zero on courses he scored full points last season..Thought that this would his real breakthrough year.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Lol I knew my week was terrible, but this is an all time low for me I think. Somehow I managed to be 157th this week, which is interesting considering there are 156 teams participating this year in the rankings. That's how much I suck at this game. :eek:

Better start working on my short list for next year........... :p

(maybe I' ll drop by to check for an update if Purito and Wellens do well in the Ardennes)

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This was a busy week with a lot of popular and semi-popular riders flaming out. Cavendish, Boasson Hagen, Ewan, Stannard, and semi-popular expensive picks like Froome and Sagan all had disappointing weeks.

I have 5 out of these 6 riders and continue my fall. Good thing is the I'm not far off the floor.
Betancur will crush the cranking after podiums at Giro, Tour and Vuelta. :D

I had Theuns on my shortlist for the emerging riders game but he wasn't eligible this year so somehow I forgot about him. Teuns will be good but this year I bet Theuns will score more.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Lol I knew my week was terrible, but this is an all time low for me I think. Somehow I managed to be 157th this week, which is interesting considering there are 156 teams participating this year in the rankings. That's how much I suck at this game. :eek:

Hahahahaha

It's a tough place to be, my team was like that last year so I know how it feels.