• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2017 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Polanc :cool: . that puts him very close to profit.
and now Trofimov has appeared from nowhere to score some unexpected points.

not too a bad week, even my unique pick Turek managed to get pick up some nice points, albeit in one of the easiest 1.HC races of the season to pick up points in.

my Giro squad is as follows:

Landa
Rosa
Tratnik
De La Parte
Dombrowski
Mamykin
Teklehaimanot
Polanc

not the greatest although Polanc's victory today helps. a mixture of Landa, GC helpers, breakaway attempts and whatever the hell Dombrowski and Mamykin bring to the table this year,
my only other comment would be the standard 'if only Aru and Konig were here' one :rolleyes: .

Re:

Funny reading although I don;t understand why are youe depressed about those two guys...
Jancouver said:
Degenkolb - So far way behind expectations
Viviani - SKY snub

Already performing better than last year...
PS: Everyone makes mistakes, I should have learned form my mistakes picking young promising riders but NOOOOO....

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Martin said:
Funny reading although I don;t understand why are youe depressed about those two guys...
Jancouver said:
Degenkolb - So far way behind expectations
Viviani - SKY snub

Already performing better than last year...
PS: Everyone makes mistakes, I should have learned form my mistakes picking young promising riders but NOOOOO....

I would not call it "depressed" but at least degenkolb showed very little during the classic season.

BTW I have to add Rohan Dennis to my already long injured list :(

Jancouver said:
I would not call it "depressed" but at least degenkolb showed very little during the classic season.

7th Milano - San Remo
5th Gent - Wevelgem
7th Ronde van Vlaanderen
10th Paris-Roubaix
3rd Frankfurt

That's certainly much more than "very little".

It's irrelevant too, as everybody has Degenkolb on their team.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

fauniera said:
Jancouver said:

7th Milano - San Remo
5th Gent - Wevelgem
7th Ronde van Vlaanderen
10th Paris-Roubaix
3rd Frankfurt

That's certainly much more than "very little".

It's irrelevant too, as everybody has Degenkolb on their team.

Of course he is not the dealbreaker, but having just one podium so far must be far more disappointing for him than for us and I just wrote his name as one of the many of my riders that are/were either injured or considerably underperforming.

I'm sure you would agree that we all expected more from him thus far.

Hey guys, looks like the Giro is in full swing and it should be interesting to see how it affects the game!

Just a note - I still need someone to volunteer to do the updates for the month of June and the month of July - I'm envisioning this being two different people, but if someone feels ambitious and wants to do both, they are of course welcome. Please reply on this thread or in PM if you are interested.

And of course, thanks to snccdcno for doing an excellent job so far on the updates in May!

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Update #18 - Total Package racks up the points

Whilst there were stages for World Tour races taken into account for this update there was only one professional race that handed out GC points, that and the way the results played out means this isn't the highest scoring week, however it counts just as much as the update in a fortnight after the Giro when it comes to the green jersey and write up!

Weekly High Scorers

Rank Team Points
1 Total Package 327
2 lenissart 319
3 Eyeballs Out 304
4 Hakkie2 289
5 comodoro 282

This weeks winner is Total Package, they are one of just two people to select Clement Venturini (Hakkie2 being the other) whose stage placings and GC win in Dunkerque accounted for 60% of their winning points total, other contributions came from Giro stage winner Caleb Ewan and Yuri Trofimov's overall victory in his first race of the year in Moscow.

In second place lenissart got most of their points from stage wins in the Giro, three in a row coming from Fernando Gaviria, Silvan Dillier and Ewan, third place Eyeballs Out has the same three riders however they don't have Trofimov which made the difference, comodoro in fifth got a fair few points from Mauro Finetto who finished 6th in Dunkerque and in doing so moved into profit for the year.

Magnumpti who finished 7th has the second least popular team and all of their points came from four riders, Oliver Naesen, Florian Senechal, Adrien Petit and Jakub Mareczko, none of whom are on more than three teams.

Weekly High Movers

Rank Team Up/Down
1 lenissart (+14)
2 abbulf (+12)
3 Hakkie2 (+10)
4= Jakob747 (+9)
4= Eyeballs Out (+9)

lenissart is the biggest mover this week and is now in the top 50, last years third place finisher abbulf has advanced 12 places. Jakob747 was up this time partially due to Zakarin's 2nd place on Etna. None of the movement listed is at the business end but just outside the top five is Total Package who has gone from 30th to 23rd.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Points
1 the asian 139
2 Geraint Too Fast 136
3 Kazistuta 127
4 GP Blanco 117
5= Blues in the bottle 112
5= fauniera 112

A Pinot fueled Geraint Too Fast continued to do well placing 8th this week and the accompanying 16 points has put them in second position as well as into the top 20 in the main game. Blues in the bottle scoring points for the second week in a row moves them into a tie for fifth and tom_jelte has moved into the top ten.

Top 10 Overall

Rank, Up/Down, Team, Points
1 (-) jeroenk 6026
2 (-) Googolplex 5947
3= (+1) Maaaaaaaarten 5783
3= (+2) 18-Valve. (pithy) 5783
5 (-2) Kazistuta 5773
6 (+1) tom_jelte 5766
7 (-1) the asian 5741
8 (+1) fauniera 5736
9 (-2) GP Blanco 5698
10 (-) Squire 5574

The top two this week are unchanged although jeroenk has slightly extended their lead over Googolplex, we have a tie for the final podium place between 18-Valve. (pithy) and Maaaaaaaarten. There is plenty of movement within the top ten however there are no new entries this week, Blues in the bottle gets close though as they are up 4 places into 11th. Currently 3rd through 8th is very tight with less than 50 points separating them.

Despite being downbeat over his team Jancouver finished 20th this week and is now only one point behind the winner of this years edition.

The spreadsheet can be viewed/downloaded here

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought missing Gaviria was going to be a problem these weeks, but somehow I still managed to go up a place! Guess I got kind of lucky with Dillier winning a stage. Dillier is a quality rider though, it's a shame he doesn't get to ride for himself more often.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Update #19 - The Vikings are coming

The attacking vikings has selected an all Scandinavian team which is lowest in the popularity rankings, which during a week like this when the Tour of Norway is on has paid dividends, in fact more than 80% of their points came from that race. The main contributor was double stage winner and overall victor Edvald Boasson Hagen, they also had two other people who finished in the top ten with August Jensen and Andreas Vangstad. The majority of points from outside of that race were scored by Vegard Stake Laengen who finished 6th in California.

Second placed CQmanager had unique pick Tom Dumoulin's two giro stage wins and time in the pink jersey to thank for 251 of their points this week, they also had another giro double stage winner, Fernando Gaviria, elsewhere their main input came from Richard Carapaz's 4th place on GC in Spain. Squire's third place was also partly due to Gaviria but it was in Castilla y Leon where most points were accrued as they have Jonathan Hivert and Jaime Roson who finished 1st and 2nd overall respectively as well as the aforementioned Carapaz.

Other things of note, Poles & Co. perhaps unsurprisingly has Rafal Majka a unique pick whose 2nd place in California netted them 248 points, which is just under half of their weekly total. Guybrush who placed 6th this update also had a unique pick who performed well, this time it was the man who finished ahead of Majka, George Bennett. As far as I can tell seemingly a week where unique picks had more of an impact than usual but I might be wrong.

Weekly High Scorers

Rank Team Points
1 the attacking vikings 571
2 CQmanager 565
3 Squire 525
4 Poles & Co. 511
5 simple 490

Some big movement this time although none of it that near to the top, CQmanager is up to 74th, Poles and co., simple and barmaher have all advanced into the top 50, the latter two in part due to a solid performance from Ian Boswell.

Weekly High Movers

Rank Team Up/Down
1 CQmanager (+26)
2 Poles & Co. (+22)
3= Guybrush (+20)
3= simple (+20)
5= Jakob747 (+10)
5= barmaher (+10)
5= merengues (+10)

After finishing seventh this update the asian has increased their lead which had been reduced in recent weeks, tom_jelte picked up enough points to move into the top five, whilst squire's third place means they are just outside the top ten.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Points
1 the asian 157
2 Geraint Too Fast 136
3 Kazistuta 127
4 GP Blanco 117
5 tom_jelte 114

For the third week in a row jeroenk is the leader however we have two new teams in the top three, the asian has moved up from 7th into 2nd and tom_jelte from 6th to 3rd and there is only 40 points separating the podium. Squire is another big mover within the top 10 as they are now into 4th after their strong week. We have no new entries in the ten but plenty of movement within it as former long time leader Googolplex drops down from the podium last week to 9th this whilst Kazistuta is now in tenth position. There were some fairly sizable points differences between the top ten teams this week.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/Down Team Points
1 (-) jeroenk 6200
2 (+5) the asian 6187
3 (+3) tom_jelte 6160
4 (+6) Squire 6099
5 (+3) fauniera 6059
6 (-3) 18-Valve. (pithy) 6038
7 (-4) Maaaaaaaarten 6009
8 (+1) GP Blanco 6002
9 (-7) Googolplex 5991
10 (-5) Kazistuta 5895

Next week will be the update after the Giro (and the monthly one) so we will see if that provides a shakeup with the amount of points that are on offer. The spreadsheet can be viewed/downloaded here

Re:

the asian said:
Damn ! Just missed the top spot by 13 points :mad:

This week will be crucial. Don't have anybody who will finish high in the Giro.

Hopefully Rolland/Landa can win another stage and GAV can ride to Milan & win the points jersey.
I don't think the end of the Giro will be that crucial. Last year there were a few post-Giro top 10 intruders who quickly disappeared again.

Most of the top riders in the Giro are so rare that they're unlikely to be on teams who are strong enough elsewhere to contend for top placings in this game. But I am a bit worried about Pozzovivo's high finish. He's quite popular among a lot of top teams.

As for my team, I think my strong Tour lineup can compensate for the fall in the standings after the Giro.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Despite no real big GC riders and despite not having Gaviria, I'm pretty happy with my Giro. Ewan, Dillier, Rolland, Fraile and Landa all won a stage, Rolland, Landa and De Plus all still got some minor GC points too and Landa's KOM is nice too, though I was rooting for Fraile in this competition, because he is a super rare pick.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Update #20 - Massive points haul for zlev11

Seven people scored over 1000 points this week but zlev11 was a level above the rest with more than 1500, as would be expected to achieve this lots of points came from the Giro general classification where they had Nibali, Zakarin and Pozzovivo. They also got stage wins from Nibali and Landa as well as the equivalent from both the mountains and points classifications. Elsewhere their main contribution came from Benoot who achieved his 13th top ten of the year by finishing 7th overall in the Tour of Belgium.

Manafana had Nibali and Zakarin but also stage 17 winner Pierre Rolland, in Belgium they had Wout Van Aert who finished 10th and in France they had the winner of GP de Plumelec-Morbihan with Alexis Vuillermoz. Wallenquist has Nibali and Landa but also Tejay van Garderen who won stage 18 of the Giro, these three make up most of their points but some minor contributions came from Laurens de Plus and Lennard Kamna who finished 5th in Tour de Fjords.

CQmanager is the only person to have selected Tom Dumoulin and they were rewarded as 607 points out of their weekly total of 1008 came from the Giro winner.

Weekly High Scorers

1 zlev11 1530
2 Manafana 1260
3 Wallenquist 1086
4 bort 1052
5 Crevaison 1040

Similarities between this and the previous table, as can be seen there is some massive movement this week with zlev11 moving from the 100s to 61st, Wallenquist has advanced into the top 50, Falze and Crevaison (+22) are both just outside the top 30 and CQmanager is now 51st whilst Bort (+18) is up into 15th

Weekly High Movers

1 zlev11 (+53)
2 Manafana (+37)
3 Wallenquist (+27)
4 Falze (+24)
5 CQmanager (+23)

Unsurprisingly given the sheer weight of points scored this week the two best monthly performers did very well in this update, outside of those that scored most points this week Gaviria contributed 438 points for zlev11, the sum total of Dumoulin's impressive Giro was 890 points which made up 43% of CQmanager's total this month. Geraint Too Fast had good showings most weeks, Pinot, Gaviria and Pozzovivo being their main scorers. Hugo Koblet's good month has seen them move into the top ten whilst Squire is now on the podium, Hivert being a non-Giro pick who performed well.

Monthly High Scorers

1 zlev11 2090
2 CQmanager 2067
3 Geraint Too Fast 1830
4 Hugo Koblet 1769
5 Squire 1682

Manafana has moved up from 109th to 78th, Geraint Too Fast is now sitting in 11th and abbulf has climbed to 64th, not as big a mover but object climbing 12 places this month means they are now in the top ten.

Monthly High Movers

1 CQmanager (+55)
2 zlev11 (+52)
3 Manafana (+31)
4 abbulf (+29)
5 Geraint Too Fast (+27)

Er...not much to say here as the entire top twenty is unchanged, zlev11 getting the 45 points this week has helped them into 30th, CQmanager following up last weeks second place with 6th this means they are now 22nd.

Green Jersey Competition

1 the asian 157
2 Geraint Too Fast 136
3 Kazistuta 127
4 GP Blanco 117
5 tom_jelte 114

Last weeks leader jeroenk has dropped 12 places! The people who were second through fourth last week have all moved up one place meaning the asian is now the new leader, as previously mentioned Object (TJVG, Landa & Rolland) and Hugo Koblet (Zakarin & Landa) are new entries this week, regular top ten member 18-Valve. (pithy) has dropped 16 places to 22nd, both that had big drops only really had Gaviria contributing points from the end of the Giro.

Top 10 Overall

1 (+1) the asian 6908
2 (+1) tom_jelte 6829
3 (+1) Squire 6741
4 (+3) Maaaaaaaarten 6730
5 (+3) GP Blanco 6643
6 (+7) Object 6627
7 (-2) fauniera 6610
8 (+9) Hugo Koblet 6590
9 (-) Googolplex 6524
10 (-) Kazistuta 6517

The spreadsheet can be viewed/downloaded here

Thanks to Squire who has volunteered to take over the updates for June.

8th of the week and inside the top 30 :D
Not having Gaviria hurt during the Giro but since there were no bunch sprints in the third week my team really had a chance to shine with Landa, Rolland and Pozzovivo and a lot of finishers. Considering that potential high finishers like Aru and König didn't even ride the giro this went way better than I expected.

TRENDING THREADS