• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
I am going to play for the first time this year. Will send email with team shortly. I am including in my team 1 rider with no points at all. He is racing for a WT team next year, however I don't know if he can be included or not since he doesn't have any points. Let me know or just remove him from my team if he's not allowed on it due to no points. He's a youngster I like so I hope I'm allowed to include him on my team.
You can include 0 point riders!

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Koronin said:
I am going to play for the first time this year. Will send email with team shortly. I am including in my team 1 rider with no points at all. He is racing for a WT team next year, however I don't know if he can be included or not since he doesn't have any points. Let me know or just remove him from my team if he's not allowed on it due to no points. He's a youngster I like so I hope I'm allowed to include him on my team.

That's good, because I've got two already, plus a couple more at 10 or less. Got to 23 riders and haven't reached 3000 points. Am pretty much just throwing darts for the 500+ riders this year

postmanhat said:
LaFlorecita said:
Koronin said:

That's good, because I've got two already, plus a couple more at 10 or less. Got to 23 riders and haven't reached 3000 points. Am pretty much just throwing darts for the 500+ riders this year
In fact, one of the most, if not the most, legendary pick in this game was Cobo for 0 points in the first edition of the game in 2011 when many didn't know how to find 0 points riders. Of course Cobo went on to win the Vuelta and score 1048 points that year.

Re:

Koronin said:

As others have said, no problem with including 0 point riders, but because they are not in a CQ points list, be careful to use the correct version of his name (esp if he is of Spanish or Portuguese speaking nationalities, or if his native tongue does requires transliteration into English or use of diacritics). If he is signed to a WT team it shouldn't be difficult: go to the CQ page for that team in 2018 and copy and paste, being careful of the following space.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Salvarani said:
Submitted my team

26 riders for 7493 points

This my first time playing. I have no idea what I have done :D

You should add seven more cheap or zero point riders!

Seven cheap riders could score a lot of points! Just go through the list of teams and pick all the cheap riders to fill the 33 slots.

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Well Hello. I just registered myself, in the forum in order to participate in this game, but since I'm new here I cannot send my team to skidmark via message. What can I do?

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Armchair cyclist said:
Jancouver said:
We should have a Zero Points edition of this game ... a team of ten zero points riders ... I think 33 would be too much :D

The Youth game or Emerging riders game (which I hope to set in place before the day is out) would allow you to indulge in lots of these zero pointers.

Yay, I already have my team ready to be submitted. ;)

Also, have a look for the new CQ game:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33799

Have submitted my team now. Max amount of riders and 7500 points.
Am not particularly happy with the 'DJ Sprtsch 2018' team. There are three to four riders I would have liked to be in there who are not. Just couldn't make it fit, points wise. Ok, I will just be rooting for them anyways.
At one point I made a team with Valverde *and* Sagan. But in the end I didn't have the nerve....

May 2, 2016
Visit site
This should be my tenth post, so I should hopefully be able to submit my team shortly. I suspect I won't do very well as it's my first year playing! Some summary stats for my team:

Median = 23
Mode = 24
(only two riders aged over 30)

400-500 = 2
300-400 = 6
200-300 = 5
100-200 = 8
<100 = 10

Teams
3 = Team Sunweb
2 = Movistar Team, Vital Concept, FDJ, BORA - hansgrohe, Team Sky & Wilier Triestina - Selle Italia 
1 = Astana Pro Team, Dimension Data, Fortuneo - Oscaro, Wanty - Groupe Gobert, Caja Rural - Seguros RGA, WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect, Hagens Berman Axeon, Sport Vlaanderen - Baloise, Vérandas Willems-Crelan,
AG2R La Mondiale, Cofidis, Solutions Crédits, Vital Concept, UAE-Team Emirates, Movistar Team, Team Wiggins,
Mitchelton-Scott & Quick-Step Floors

Level
CT = 1
PCT = 13
WT = 18

I have to say, this was a weird year. I had a really hard time finding relatively expansive picks in the 300-500 points area while there are seemingly endless relatively cheap picks in the region of around 50 points who I can't all include because otherwise I'd end up with a team worth around 3000 points. In the last two years I always had many expansive picks when I started building my team and then had to search for some nonames with few points just to get 33 riders. Man I'm nervous. Can't wait for January 4th. :D

My team:
>500: 4
300-500: 3
200-300: 8
100-200: 6
<100: 12

Jancouver said:
Salvarani said:
Submitted my team

Seven cheap riders could score a lot of points! Just go through the list of teams and pick all the cheap riders to fill the 33 slots.

Thanks for the advice. 1 rider can score more than 7 of those cheap ones though! If he has a good season... It is a gamble. We will se how my team does, lol. Only my first playing so I have to learn the hard if I messed up my team :D

I did a 33 team but ended up with a few riders that I dont really believe in. I settled for a smaller squad and took a couple ones for higher value instead, who I think will score more points than the squad of the extra 7 I originally had anyway...

26 riders it is for me! :D

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
My team is ready: 33 riders, 7474 points.

5x 500+
2x 400-500
2x 300-400
4x 200-300
7x 100-200
10x 1-100
3x zero heroes

2x AG2R
2x Astana
2x Education First Drapac
4x FDJ
4x Michelin Scott
2x Quickstep
2x Sky
2x Trek

3x Aussies
2x Belgians
3x Colombians
2x Spaniards
6x French
3x Brits
4x Italians
2x Americans

3x 20-21
10x 22-24
7x 25-27
4x 28-29
6x 30+

Just need to build up a post count so that I can PM Skidmark.

I went with a lot of young guns this year and got exactly 7500 points for 33 riders. Lets see how I'll do this year. Usually I am pretty bad when it comes to these sort of things but it is still a lot of fun to participate. Also nice to cheer for some guys other than the Quickstep lads (even though I once again picked 7 current Qs riders and even more ex-riders of the Belgian squad) :D

Salvarani said:
Jancouver said:
Salvarani said:
Submitted my team

Thanks for the advice. 1 rider can score more than 7 of those cheap ones though! If he has a good season... It is a gamble. We will se how my team does, lol. Only my first playing so I have to learn the hard if I messed up my team :D

I did a 33 team but ended up with a few riders that I dont really believe in. I settled for a smaller squad and took a couple ones for higher value instead, who I think will score more points than the squad of the extra 7 I originally had anyway...

26 riders it is for me! :D
But you could add 7 cheap or free riders to your current riders :) you may not believe in them but they can't score negative points so you'll always be better off with them in your team. Maybe one of them will have a breakthrough season! Just have a look through the team pages on CQ to select the cheap or free riders (0 points). Maybe you'll find more of them on PCT and CT teams.

Just a note - the CQ December 31st update is out, so the official scores for the game are in. I'm still catching up on entries (haven't gotten to the last 6 or 7 from today, will try to in the next few hours), but none of the teams registered before today are over the limit with the final scores, so that's good news! I've updated the "Create Your Team" spreadsheet with the final values, so if you click on that link in the original post you should have an official way to measure your team.

Happy New Years all!

My team is in and good with 7,493 and 29 riders. My list includes a lot of Spaniards and a several Movistar riders I strongly believe in. One very high priced riders (sure anyone can guess who he is), and bunch of riders under 100 points plus one 0 point rider, several youngsters I have high hopes for, 6 riders who have over 300 points and yes one with well over 1,000 points because well I can't have a team without him. This is my first time playing this game so I have no idea what to expect from my team and wouldn't be surprised if I finish near the bottom, but it's before the season starts so we all can hope and dream.

Re:

Koronin said:
My team is in and good with 7,493 and 29 riders. My list includes a lot of Spaniards and a several Movistar riders I strongly believe in. One very high priced riders (sure anyone can guess who he is), and bunch of riders under 100 points plus one 0 point rider, several youngsters I have high hopes for, 6 riders who have over 300 points and yes one with well over 1,000 points because well I can't have a team without him. This is my first time playing this game so I have no idea what to expect from my team and wouldn't be surprised if I finish near the bottom, but it's before the season starts so we all can hope and dream.
Try to add 4 more cheap or zero point riders! It can only work out in your advantage :)

LaFlorecita said:
Koronin said:
Try to add 4 more cheap or zero point riders! It can only work out in your advantage :)

True, that can't hurt. They definitely can't loose any points. LOL

vladimir said:
del1962 said:
As my first draft came to under 6000 points, I decided to add a certain rider to bolster the team
Valverde?
Quintana?
Landa?
No wait, this wasn't the guess who thread :D :D

LOL, however since Valverde only raced half a season he would make the most sense.

I think I've found 4 riders to fill out my roster to get to 33 riders and using less than 7 points for 4 riders. :)

TRENDING THREADS