• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
fauniera said:
Gigs_98 said:
Stop it guys. We still haven't reached the deadline and you are already openly discussing which riders you took. It's really not the point of the game that everyone changes his team on the last day because he can read everywhere which riders he missed
My understanding of the rules is that you can only change your team after the submisison deadline if skidmark finds an error (like the team being over 7.500 points). Is that not so?

You can change your team without that issue. When I first submitted my team it had less than 33 riders. I posted very limited info, bascially total points used and number of riders. I was told to go find a couple of 0 point or very low point riders to add to my team which I did. One other person put together a team and was having second thoughts due to leaving off a rider he really wants. He ended up going back and totally redoing the team to include that specific rider. Not based on anyone else's team, but a rider he just flat out wants on his team.

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Hugo Koblet said:
I never thought the statistics part could influence anyone's decision-making (after all, it's been a part of the conversation in the thread since the earliest editions and I don't recall any complaints about it before), but I acknowledge that it is indeed an issue if some would revise their teams because of that, so yeah it's probably better to not share those until after the reveal. I'm completely on line with those stating that name-dropping shouldn't be allowed until after the reveal as well.

You are correct, but it used to be just points brackets. Then some guys just posted nationalities.

Then, they started to post points, nationalities, teams, age brackets etc all in one post,

C'mon guys, we are not little kids that can't wait one day for Santa :D
This.
I also posted a points bracket, and wrote that I think there will be more expensive riders than usually. But when people write exactly which expensive riders they took that will ofc influence your opinion when you haven't finished building your team. It's not like these people all try to cheat their way to a good team by analyzing posts, but if I hadn't already submitted by team and would read that picking Boonen would be stupid while picking Contador is super clever I would probably reconsider my choices if I had Boonen in my team.

Edit: Am I right we can already post our teams in one hour?

I'm getting excited now. This could be the third year in a row that my unique pick comes from Wanty Group Gobert!

It hasn't been a very successful (or intentional) strategy so far (Backaert and Meurisse), but it's the time of year for traditions.

Have ended up with 5 SKY, with 2 each from TFS, SVB, BRD, BOH and FDJ. 21 WT, 11 Pro-Conti and 1 Conti.

8 Italians but also 5 Belgians, which might help differentiate my team a little. 3 each from France and Colombia.

Lets see whether my blaze lack of FOMO is justified tomorrow

Hey everyone. We are minutes from the publication deadline! Just an update - I am catching up on the last handful of entries from yesterday and changes from today. There are 3-4 teams that need changes that I haven't heard from, if I don't in the next ten minutes I'm just going to drop the rider that brings them under 7500, as is the usual rule.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post the full spreadsheet with popularity etc for some time; it's taken all my free time just to copy names into the spreadsheet on each team's sheet. This deadline comes in the middle of a driving trip for me, and I have to take free time for this when I can get it. Just a heads up, I'll try to do what I can, but it might be up to 24 hours before the whole spreadsheet is done, so you might have to satisfy yourselves with the teams that are revealed here until then. Sorry, doing my best here!

I also haven't had time to look at any posts on this thread, just the PMs, so if anyone has addressed me here, I'll get back to it once the compilation is done.

Good luck all, have fun discussing! I'll join you when I can.

Hi everybody,I've been down with a flu in the last 7 days and now I don't have enough time to complete my team for this amazing competition. I'm very disappointed about it. However I wish good luck to everybody and I hope to be ready for the 2018 Spring Classics CQ Game.

Let the games begin:

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
THOMAS Geraint 810
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel 629
CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban 505
VAKOC Petr 439
TERPSTRA Niki 417
BETTIOL Alberto 354
MAS NICOLAU Enric 285
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 276
KREUZIGER Roman 265
CICCONE Giulio 264
CAVENDISH Mark 257
COQUARD Bryan 220
FORMOLO Davide 217
ROSA Diego 209
BRAMBILLA Gianluca 195
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto 159
KENNAUGH Peter 137
STANNARD Ian 135
CARTHY Hugh 129
SERRY Pieter 117
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben 115
NIZZOLO Giacomo 66
HAUSSLER Heinrich 60
KANGERT Tanel 58
DE BIE Sean 57
PHINNEY Taylor 36
COSTA Adrien 27
MOSER Moreno 25
CRADDOCK Lawson 15
KÖNIG Leopold 10
ENGER Sondre Holst 0
INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA Beñat 0

I'll write about some of my picks in detail tomorrow, but now I should really go to sleep. Good luck everyone.

Edit: If anyone compares the teams to the the points bracket posted by some (I doubt anyone does but still), I made a change after my original version and added Sondre Holst Enger and in the process made a few other changes since that meant I had more points left, so the numbers from my actual team are probably not the same as the ones I have posted.

Re:

ThePirate81 said:
Hi everybody,I've been down with a flu in the last 7 days and now I don't have enough time to complete my team for this amazing competition. I'm very disappointed about it. However I wish good luck to everybody and I hope to be ready for the 2018 Spring Classics CQ Game.

No need to wait that long: Youth game is open until 12th Jan (I think) and Emerging riders until the end of the month.

Gigs_98 said:
Let the games begin:

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
THOMAS Geraint 810
VAKOC Petr 439
TERPSTRA Niki 417
BETTIOL Alberto 354
MAS NICOLAU Enric 285
BONIFAZIO Niccolo 276
KREUZIGER Roman 265
CICCONE Giulio 264
CAVENDISH Mark 257
COQUARD Bryan 220
FORMOLO Davide 217
ROSA Diego 209
BRAMBILLA Gianluca 195
KENNAUGH Peter 137
STANNARD Ian 135
CARTHY Hugh 129
SERRY Pieter 117
NIZZOLO Giacomo 66
HAUSSLER Heinrich 60
KANGERT Tanel 58
DE BIE Sean 57
PHINNEY Taylor 36
COSTA Adrien 27
MOSER Moreno 25
CRADDOCK Lawson 15
KÖNIG Leopold 10
ENGER Sondre Holst 0

I'll write about some of my picks in detail tomorrow, but now I should really go to sleep. Good luck everyone.

Looks a lot like my own team, so hopefully it is strong :) The rider I was mostly in doubt about on my own team, and the main difference between out teams, was Geraint Thomas. Very tempting, but ended up going for 2 more 400-500 riders (that ended up Kragh Andersen and Cort with Latour and Pantano losing out in the end also) instead of him and a cheap rider after having much doubt about it until the end. Other riders that lost out in the final puzzle were Sivakov ( a bit nervous about leaving a talent like that out), D. Smith, H. Carthy, R. Feillu ) swithed to Brandao in the end), Taaramae, A. Costa, Hodeg and Albanese. I was tempted a lot by Porte also, but like with G. Thomas he just seems too "unlucky" to take a gamble on, but I might regret this.

My team:

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
WOODS Michael 551
CORT NIELSEN Magnus 480
ANDERSEN Søren Kragh 478
TERPSTRA Niki 417
GAUDU David 352
VAN POPPEL Danny 287
MAS NICOLAU Enric 285
CAVENDISH Mark 257
ROELANDTS Jürgen 228
COQUARD Bryan 220
FORMOLO Davide 217
BRAMBILLA Gianluca 195
WALSCHEID Maximilian 187
GESBERT Elie 183
SBARAGLI Kristian 172
HALVORSEN Kristoffer 151
KENNAUGH Peter 137
VERVAEKE Louis 119
NIZZOLO Giacomo 66
KANGERT Tanel 58
DE BIE Sean 57
VANDENBERGH Stijn 40
CAPIOT Amaury 32
MOSER Moreno 25
BRANDAO Joni Silva 17
CRADDOCK Lawson 15
KÖNIG Leopold 10
ENGER Sondre Holst 0

I went for a pretty top heavy team (I think) where I was able to fit a lot of my favourites in. I hope to place somewhere in the middle of the pack as I am not experienced at all with picking a team like this and probably have missed some pretty obvious picks! On top of that I was pretty late, but whatever. Good luck to everybody, I am very much looking forward to seeing how this game will develop. The 3 most common nations on my team are not unexpectedly Spain with 9 riders, Colombia with 6 and Italy with 5.

VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro 1828
GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando 1268
IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion 904
MAS NICOLAU Enric 285
CAVENDISH Mark 257
COQUARD Bryan 220
FORMOLO Davide 217
BRAMBILLA Gianluca 195
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto 157
JAKOBSEN Fabio 118
BRESCHEL Matti 101
PREIDLER Georg 91
MORENO BAZAN Javier 89
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas 77
NIZZOLO Giacomo 66
PEDRERO LOPEZ Antonio 63
HAUSSLER Heinrich 60
KANGERT Tanel 58
MOSER Moreno 45
GANNA Filippo 42
PHINNEY Taylor 36
HODEG CHAGUI Alvaro Jose 26
KÖNIG Leopold 10
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres 9
SESSLER Nicolas Mariotto 8
SAMITIER SAMITIER Sergio 0
CASTRILLO ZAPATER Jaime 0
EGHOLM Jakob 0
BOUHANNI Rayane 0

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
MOSCON Gianni
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel
CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban
OOMEN Sam
GAUDU David
BAUHAUS Phil
VAN POPPEL Danny
MAS NICOLAU Enric
CAVENDISH Mark
COQUARD Bryan
KÄMNA Lennard
FORMOLO Davide
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
GARCIA CORTINA Ivan
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
HALVORSEN Kristoffer
KENNAUGH Peter
ACKERMANN Pascal
REYES ORTEGA Aldemar
NARVAEZ PRADO Jhonatan Manuel
VERVAEKE Louis
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
SOSA CUERVO Ivan Ramiro
MAMYKIN Matvey
NIZZOLO Giacomo
HAUSSLER Heinrich
GUARDINI Andrea
ERMENAULT Corentin
MCNULTY Brandon
ALBANESE Vincenzo
BRANDAO Joni Silva
KÖNIG Leopold

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My team:

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
ANDERSEN Søren Kragh
ARANBURU DEBA Alex
BILLE Gaëtan
CAVENDISH Mark
COQUARD Bryan
COSTA Adrien
DE BIE Sean
DE PLUS Laurens
ENGER Sondre Holst
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
GAUDU David
HALVORSEN Kristoffer
JAKOBSEN Fabio
KANGERT Tanel
KÖNIG Leopold
LEKNESSUND Andreas
MCNULTY Brandon
MOSCON Gianni
MOSER Moreno
NARVAEZ PRADO Jhonatan Manuel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
OOMEN Sam
PADUN Mark
PLANCKAERT Edward
RIVERA SERRANO Kevin
RODRIGUEZ MARTIN Cristian
SIVAKOV Pavel
THEUNS Edward
VLIEGEN Loïc
WÜRTZ SCHMIDT Mads

Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
ThePirate81 said:

No need to wait that long: Youth game is open until 12th Jan (I think) and Emerging riders until the end of the month.
The Zero Pointers game is also interesting. I'll get to work on my 3 teams next days for sure.
Gigs98's team is very similar to what I figured out for this year edition.
Regarding PT riders,I would have these in my team:
Albanese,Ciccone,Guardini,Kump,Taaramae,Gaudin,Belletti,Enger,Wippert,Capiot,Coquard,De Bie,Eiking,Dion Smith and Yannis Yssad.

MOSCON Gianni
VAN AERT Wout
OOMEN Sam
SENECHAL Florian
VAN BAARLE Dylan
VAN POPPEL Danny
MAS NICOLAU Enric
VILLELLA Davide
CAVENDISH Mark
DE PLUS Laurens
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
COQUARD Bryan
KÄMNA Lennard
FORMOLO Davide
ROSA Diego
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
HALVORSEN Kristoffer
KENNAUGH Peter
BJERG Mikkel
NAESEN Lawrence
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
PHILIPSEN Jasper
RODRIGUEZ MARTIN Cristian
NIZZOLO Giacomo
KANGERT Tanel
STANNARD Robert
ALBANESE Vincenzo
COSTA Adrien
SCOTSON Callum
KÖNIG Leopold
ENGER Sondre Holst

good luck to everybody and game on!

Okay, unofficial count is 128 teams. My time to work on this is up for now, but until next time, here's my team:

VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro
OOMEN Sam
LATOUR Pierre
GAUDU David
VAN POPPEL Danny
MAS NICOLAU Enric
CAVENDISH Mark
ROELANDTS Jürgen
COQUARD Bryan
KÄMNA Lennard
VENDRAME Andrea
DOULL Owain
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
GARCIA CORTINA Ivan
HALVORSEN Kristoffer
SIVAKOV Pavel
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
RIABUSHENKO Aliaksandr
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
MAMYKIN Matvey
NIZZOLO Giacomo
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KANGERT Tanel
GUARDINI Andrea
MCNULTY Brandon
CAPIOT Amaury
ALBANESE Vincenzo
CRADDOCK Lawson
KÖNIG Leopold
ENGER Sondre Holst
INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA Beñat

I'll be back to discuss at length in the future, I'm sure, but feel free to pick it apart.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
So, who are going to be the most popular picks?

Nizzolo, Cavendish, Moser, Craddock, Konig, Intxausti seem to me the most obvious: who else might be on 50% + of teams
Sondre Holst Enger, probably the guy I regret the most I forgot. Got the rest apart from Craddock who also seems like a steal. Low risk, high reward seems to be the name of the game... I also think we can add Kangert to the list?

I think the combo of Moscon-Ala also can be lethal if they get it together in the spring.

Here's my team :
GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando
BARDET Romain
ALAPHILIPPE Julian
LATOUR Pierre
GAUDU David
SENECHAL Florian
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
MAS NICOLAU Enric
CAVENDISH Mark
DE PLUS Laurens
BOUDAT Thomas
COQUARD Bryan
MINALI Riccardo
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
NIZZOLO Giacomo
GUARDINI Andrea
PHINNEY Taylor
MADOUAS Valentin
CAPIOT Amaury
MOSER Moreno
BOECKMANS Kris
FEILLU Romain
CRADDOCK Lawson
HOWARD Leigh
KÖNIG Leopold
BONNET William
FOURNIER Marc
JELLOUL Adil
CASTRILLO ZAPATER Jaime
ENGER Sondre Holst

Seems like the only obvious pick I completely overlooked is Chaves. I'll live with that.

My Team

SAGAN Peter
VAKOC Petr
PANTANO GOMEZ Jarlinson
GAUDU David
VAN POPPEL Danny
POLITT Nils
CAVENDISH Mark
ROELANDTS Jürgen
FORMOLO Davide
ROSA Diego
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
SEPULVEDA Eduardo
KENNAUGH Peter
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
GASPAROTTO Enrico
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
BOHLI Tom
NIZZOLO Giacomo
FRANKINY Kilian
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KANGERT Tanel
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
DE BIE Sean
PHINNEY Taylor
DAVIES Scott
PER David
WOUTERS Enzo
CRADDOCK Lawson
KÖNIG Leopold
GUARNIERI Jacopo

ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1011
THOMAS Geraint 810
WOODS Michael 551
OOMEN Sam 471
LATOUR Pierre 453
VAN POPPEL Danny 287
MAS NICOLAU Enric 285
CICCONE Giulio 264
CAVENDISH Mark 257
COQUARD Bryan 220
FORMOLO Davide 217
EIKING Odd Christian 216
TAARAMÄE Rein 175
HALVORSEN Kristoffer 151
KENNAUGH Peter 137
JAKOBSEN Fabio 118
JONES Brenton 96
MÜLLER Patrick 77
MAMYKIN Matvey 67
NIZZOLO Giacomo 66
KANGERT Tanel 58
DE BIE Sean 57
WELTEN Bram 56
CAPIOT Amaury 32
ALBANESE Vincenzo 31
MOSER Moreno 25
KÖNIG Leopold 10
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres 9
ENGER Sondre Holst 0
BOL Cees 0

Looking forward to seeing the full spreadsheet and the popularity rankings.

Nizzolo, Cav, König, Coquard, Kangert and Chaves for most popular. At least they should be.

TRENDING THREADS