• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm in.

Rushed a team together in the last hour.

Didn't want to miss out.

Probably missed a couple of "MUST INCLUDE" riders in the rush.

Always seem to be mid table (ish). Doesn't matter if I spend 1 hour or 1 month :rolleyes:

Good luck everybody...............

Seems to be a trend this year, as there were at least 5 WT teams I could have picked 4 or more riders from, and probably will with Ineos. Also had 5 Sunwebs at one stage, but will probably end up with two.

Conversely, don't seem to be many sprinters around, at WT level at least? Or this is probably where I've made the very obvious omission (s).

Really difficult. There's a bunch of guys in the 400-900 range who could all potentially double their score, but it's by no means a given. A 800 rider is also a huge liability if things go south. I hope I didn't miss anyone too obvious, as I always seem to do..

My team's in.
This looks like the very opposite of last year, when I had a really hard time finding 33 riders I liked. There were at least 40 riders i absolutely wanted to include, so I had to make some sacrifices in the end. I'll talk about these riders when teams are revealed.

Overall I have a very young team (haven't done the math yet, but looks like the youngest of my short career in this game), with no less than 6 neo-pros. And I had to talk myself out of selecting a couple more.

My strategy hasn't changed much from last year. I still went for riders who can win big, with a couple aggressive picks in the higher price range.

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, I have to post my team here, as it is refused as a mp (always, I got the answer ("not more than 420 characters", even if I break my mps in 3 parts...).
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
EVENEPOEL Remco
MATTHEWS Michael
PINOT Thibaut
YATES Simon
CATTANEO Mattia
DUMOULIN Tom
STEIMLE Jannik
LEKNESSUND A.
OOMEN Sam
HERMANS Quinten
GROVES Kaden
DRUCKER Jempy
KONYCHEV A.
NARVAEZ Jhonatan Manuel
FERNANDEZ Ruben
FROOME Chris
MODOLO Sacha
RUBIO REYES Einer Augusto
ARDILA Andres Camilo
JOHANSEN Julius
BLIKRA Erlend
INKELAAR Kevin
VICHOT ARTHUR
KANTER Max
BANASZEK Alan
VAN TRICHT Stan
QUARTERMAN Charlie
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
SIMMONS Quinn

The time has come!
My team comes down to the following stats:

Nationalities:
Belgium - 4 riders
Great Britain - 3 riders
Colombia - 2 riders
Germany - 2 riders
Spain - 3 riders
Italy - 6 riders
France - 4 riders
The Netherlands - 3 riders
Switzerland, America, Russia and Australia - 1 rider (and two more countries but too easy to guess which rider it would be).

Pricerange:
1000+: 0
500-999: 5
400-499: 2
300-399: 3
200-299: 4
100-199: 5
0-99: 14
In total 33 riders worth 7500 points, scored 15.244 points in 2018 and 14.016 in 2017.

Team division:
World tour - 24 riders
Pro tour - 8 riders
Continental - 1 rider

I'm not really happy with my team but I just didn't have much time to create one this year. Then again last year my feeling was great and it turned out rather mediocre. Concerning my team I feel like I made two super risky picks and two pure "gut feeling picks" which were all rather expensive. Those four picks will probably make or break my team. That and the annual cheap pick I missed...oh well, we'll see

My first go at this. 28 World Tour riders is I think the most anyone's announced on here so far, so I've probably missed some good pro conti options.

20 teams, 15 WT, 5 Pro continental, 4 riders from UAE.
18 nationalities, 4 each from Britain, France and Colombia

1000+: 0
500-999: 3
400-499: 2
300-399: 4
200-299: 5
100-199: 10
0-99: 9

Sorry, I have to post my team here, as it is refused as a mp (always, I got the answer ("not more than 420 characters", even if I break my mps in 3 parts...).
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
EVENEPOEL Remco
MATTHEWS Michael
PINOT Thibaut
YATES Simon
CATTANEO Mattia
DUMOULIN Tom
STEIMLE Jannik
LEKNESSUND A.
OOMEN Sam
HERMANS Quinten
GROVES Kaden
DRUCKER Jempy
KONYCHEV A.
NARVAEZ Jhonatan Manuel
FERNANDEZ Ruben
FROOME Chris
MODOLO Sacha
ARDILA Andres Camilo
JOHANSEN Julius
BLIKRA Erlend
INKELAAR Kevin
VICHOT ARTHUR
KANTER Max
BANASZEK Alan
VAN TRICHT Stan
QUARTERMAN Charlie
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
SIMMONS Quinn

At least 6 names formatted wrongly...

Hey all! A couple of things:

- first, submission deadline is up but publication deadline is in 16.5 hours from when I write this... in case you just realized with dread that you forgot to submit a team, I reserve the right to accept teams right up until the deadline, seeing as no one will have seen published teams (except that one upthread I guess). So go right ahead. I will also accept last minute changes.

- the time of the submission deadline will be tricky for me, as I'll be in transit (it's 5pm my time in Canada, and I'll be travelling well into the evening). So, I may not confirm changes until the following morning (my time), but if you've sent me something with the proper time stamp it will be accepted.

- that also means I won't be able to preside over the reveal, and won't be able to get the final spreadsheet out to peruse teams/popularity/etc until the following day. Sorry, just bad timing this year. Should be out by evening CET on the 7th.

- I received over 30 teams today so I didn't update the OP with the list because it was hard enough to keep up; basically, I sent everyone a confirmation message so you should have that on PM.

- we are roughly on par with last year in terms of participating teams, maybe a few less. Thanks everyone!

VAN DER POEL Mathieu
EVENEPOEL Remco
MATTHEWS Michael
PINOT Thibaut
YATES Simon
CATTANEO Mattia
DUMOULIN Tom
STEIMLE Jannik
LEKNESSUND A.
OOMEN Sam
HERMANS Quinten
GROVES Kaden
DRUCKER Jempy
KONYCHEV A.
NARVAEZ Jhonatan Manuel
FERNANDEZ Ruben
FROOME Chris
MODOLO Sacha
ARDILA Andres Camilo
JOHANSEN Julius
BLIKRA Erlend
INKELAAR Kevin
VICHOT ARTHUR
KANTER Max
BANASZEK Alan
VAN TRICHT Stan
QUARTERMAN Charlie
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
SIMMONS Quinn
Hey, since it's already published there's no sense in trying to figure out how to make the PM work, but yeah, if you could make sure all names are in the proper format that would be great. I just tried to copy/paste in the spreadsheet and 14 riders read as 0 points because of different spellings, spaces after the names, etc. Please use the Create Your Team spreadsheet linked in the original post to ensure you have the proper formatting. I'll definitely accept your team, I just need it in the right formatting. Thanks for wanting to play!

Waiting for the reveals right now, but I will post some statistics in the meantime.

Points distribution:
500+: 5.
499-400: 0
399-300: 3
299-200: 5
199-100: 8
99-0: 12

Riders from 18 different teams.
5 riders from PCT teams.
28 from WT teams.

15 different nationalities are represented. France the most with 5.

Average age of the team 25,94.

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
Hey, since it's already published there's no sense in trying to figure out how to make the PM work, but yeah, if you could make sure all names are in the proper format that would be great. I just tried to copy/paste in the spreadsheet and 14 riders read as 0 points because of different spellings, spaces after the names, etc. Please use the Create Your Team spreadsheet linked in the original post to ensure you have the proper formatting. I'll definitely accept your team, I just need it in the right formatting. Thanks for wanting to play!

Sorry Skidmark, but I read your first post page 1, and I did not find the "Create Your Yean spreadsheet" you are talking about... Is there some link ?
Sorry again for this.

Do we have to share our rosters? Mine is pretty goofy and a little random and largely consists of youngsters. Since I'm not entirely clear on how the scoring works I went with people I thought would score a lot more points (by whatever rubric) than they did last year and that may have been a mistake. And my judgment may have been slightly impaired when I made my roster, ahem.

Do we have to share our rosters? Mine is pretty goofy and a little random and largely consists of youngsters. Since I'm not entirely clear on how the scoring works I went with people I thought would score a lot more points (by whatever rubric) than they did last year and that may have been a mistake. And my judgment may have been slightly impaired when I made my roster, ahem.

You dont have to share your team in the thread.

But anyone can go look at your team in the spreadsheet later, when it is published. Which will be updated with rankings as the racing starts. So you can see how your team is doing compared to everyone else etc. Skidmark will usually publish it every other week or so in the thread here, with an update.

Sharing teams in the thread directly after the deadline is just to share how we thought when picking certain riders. If there was some sort of strategy or other thoughts about the game this year etc. It is simply to generate discussion and get a closer look. You dont have to post yours, if you dont want to.

Reactions: postmanhat