• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There are many interesting names to follow this year, in Vuelta al Tachira.

Alexander Cepeda is on 27 teams so I can't be the only one rooting for him.

Among the super young Venezuelans - Yeison Rujano is riding and he closed off an excellent 2019 with winning the junior Clásica “Raúl Saavedra” in Colombia and is one to look out for.

There is also Francisco Peñuela (from 2001) who is a really, really good prospect. At the juniors Vuelta Venezuela in 2018, he won the queen-stage up to Umuquena (10 km climb with an average gradient of 8%) putting 14 seconds into Yilbert Ramirez (Who also races in this years Tachira btw) and 20 seconds into Yeison Rujano who finished 3rd.

Peñuela also won the Clasica Futuras Estrellas in Colombia (Norte de Santander) last year among other because of this well-timed hill-top attack.

Update #1: the asian gets top points from Australia

Well, the teams are in, the Aussie nats are done, and the first week's results are in for some CQ catnip for 113 players who entered the week tied for first. The future is bright for everyone's team right now, but a few teams get the edge in our first tangible results of 2020.

Top 10 on the Week and Overall

There are 20 teams tied for 10th at 59 points.

Since no one in the game had the finally-national-champ Cam Meyer and his 100 points, scores were kept relatively low in this initial week. The 3 teams that picked Luke Durbridge got his 90 points, but only one of them added points from another rider (the teams tied for 4th are the other two). the asian had Durbo's 90 point springboard to combine with 47 points from the considerably more popular Nathan Haas (40 teams) to get to the winning total of 137. will10 gets 30 points from Rohan Dennis (3 teams) and 35 from Jay McCarthy (8 teams) to combine with Haas to nab 2nd at 112 points, while dimasotf has 60 from Lucas Hamilton (2 teams) to combine with Haas and gets 107 points.

Obviously no high movers this week as everyone started tied for first; I'll be counting green jersey points this week but the update/weekly/green jersey tabs are still a construction site (I need to update with this year's teams but haven't had time yet, basically). Those will be online for next week; in the meantime, the individual team tabs have been trimmed down to those participating this year, thanks to those who've pointed out spelling errors etc so far, keep them coming if you notice them!

spreadsheet at dropbox

Paddy Bevin - 425pts - 3 teams
Very surprised, given how much is on offer points-wise in the Aussie summer, to be one of only 3 with Bevin. If he starts anywhere as well as last year he's up for GC in Down Under, plus he's nailed on for an Olympic spot as a medal contender (NZ qualified two spots for RR and TT).
Well, that's a disaster...
Hopefully just a temporary blip. I think there are short tours later in the season that suit him better than TDU (i.e. those with an ITT). After Steimle and Bevin perhaps everyone else on my team should go get an ECG

Not picking Restrepo is already a big concern for me. For some strange reason I did not considered him but now after I scouted him a little I think he is an amazing pick. Just hope that the other guys I picked in his price range will have good seasons too...

TRENDING THREADS