• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nice to hear that Steimle is going to be healthy. Heart operations are scary.

Tropicale Amissa Bongo

That’s one of the worst field Minali will face this year. If he isn’t into profit by the end of the race it might be a long year for him. Intrigued to see what my most unique pick Levasseur is going to do. Pretty nice redemption story for those that don’t know him very well. Turned pro in the third division with the french army team in 2015 and really started to pick up results in 2017 (won a few .2 races in France, 7th in GP de Fourmies). Unfortunately the team folded at the very end of that year so he had to go back to the amateur ranks. Didn’t do much in 2018. By his own admission he lacked urgency at the start of the year and got pretty lazy (the team paid the riders salaries for the beginning of 2018 because it folded so late they didn’t have time to find other teams). Then he got into a bit of a conflict with his club which didn’t help (they expected more from him, he wanted to switch to a team closer to his home once he saw that the fit wasn’t there). Almost quit cycing altogether. But in 2019, he changed his attitude and went to another amateur team. Most importantly he went back to work and ended up earning another chance in the pros. I’m hopng he can show more of the speed he flashed in 2017 (he’s from 1995 so he’s still fairly young). Obviously the ceiling is fairly low with him riding for a continental team but for a cost of 4 points, I'm not expecting him to score a million points anyway.

MINALI Riccardo
LEVASSEUR Jordan

Tour Down Under

Not sure what most of my riders are doing here but we have cycling again after a couple months off so I’m not complaining. Hoping for a surprise from one of my younger riders.

LÓPEZ Juan Pedro
BARDET Romain
HAAS Nathan
ALMEIDA João
BJERG Mikkel
DAINESE Alberto
KANTER Max

A few days until TDU starts...

Here are the riders from my team that will be racing:

YATES Simon
PEDERSEN Mads
BARDET Romain
SAMITIER Sergio
VAN DER HOORN Taco

Could be a good week or an extremely mediocre one, depending on the form of some riders and their ambition. Or if it is preparation for things to come.

On another note, Cepeda who is on my team is doing pretty good at Vuelta al Tachira. 3rd on GC atm. 2 stages to go. Could be off to a good start with that pick.

Alexander Cepeda out of Tachira due to a crash 6 kilometers from today's finish line!

Fracture in his left wrist. :(

EOl4x6LX0AE19AX

Last edited:
A little news regarding Camilo Ardila (selected on 57 teams)..... He will race the #RetoMariquitaLetras on the 26th of January. They start in his hometown of Mariquita and finish at 3679 meters of altitude at the top of Alto de Letras. One of the hardest climbs in the world!

He will race the nationals and Tour of Colombia before heading to Europe. His first race there will probably be Vuelta Catalunya. Other races mentioned in his calender where Sicilia and Tour of the Alpes.

Here a short video of him in UAE colores before the Feria de Manizales. Posted by his trainer and mentor - Carlos Ramillete Perez.

I changed strategy this year and did not take a lot of riders in the TDU. Nothing like starting out from behind. But i'll be watching anyway. Tonight baby!!
ALMEIDA Joao Pedro Gonçalves
BJERG Mikkel
KANTER Max
YATES Simon

Come on Simon. It's up to you.

I have Yates, Felline, Cullaigh and Kanter here.

Kanter will probably just ride for Dainese and I doubt Cullaigh is fast enough to be of much use here.

Felline and Yates should yield me some points, though, but it's too bad that Kwiatkowski didn't go after saying he would.

TRENDING THREADS