• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tour De France

GC - Pinot, and maybe Dumoulin

Doms - Kwiatkowski, Soler and Aru. Waste of three weeks in terms of CQ points

Stage hunting - LaTour

And Valgren. No idea what he's doing here. Except adding to the evidence that he's going to be my most costly mistake

I also have Valgren. I have not given up just yet. He is usually pretty good in the fall.

Yes I suppose. And if we get some bad weather, that could play in his favour.

I think my most successful single day so far, to make up for an otherwise barren week. Fellini suddenly remembers he's a good cyclist and wins the Memorial Pantani, with Hayter hopefully running into a bit of form and finishing second. Very good third for Bouhanni at Brussels, but will have to see how the post-finish crash has affected him.

Tour De France

GC - Pinot, and maybe Dumoulin

Doms - Kwiatkowski, Soler and Aru. Waste of three weeks in terms of CQ points

Stage hunting - LaTour

And Valgren. No idea what he's doing here. Except adding to the evidence that he's going to be my most costly mistake
I have a similar team, but with Bardet instead of Valgren, he should score some points.
Outside of the Tour I got some nice points from Ballerini and Felline, those 2 and Bagioli + Almeida will probably be my main guys besides the TdF riders durning the next few weeks. No idea what to expect from Danny van Poppel durning the rest of the season.

I have a similar team, but with Bardet instead of Valgren, he should score some points.
Outside of the Tour I got some nice points from Ballerini and Felline, those 2 and Bagioli + Almeida will probably be my main guys besides the TdF riders durning the next few weeks. No idea what to expect from Danny van Poppel durning the rest of the season.
I am furious at how they use DvP in hilly stage races instead of belgian or other flat classics...

I have a ludicrously big team for Settimana, Nice to keep it interesting in a what is a quiet week, apart from the Tour

Felline
Hayter
Navarez
Restrepo
Chernetskiy
Strakhov
Vanendert
Van Poppel
Cepeda
Mader

Just on percentages, anything less than a 100 points would be disappointing :flushed:

• Wow
Reactions: Koronin
Update #19: Nathanptz doubles up as Tour begins

It was in some ways another relatively quiet week, as the points on display weren't enormous. In other ways, though, it was a wild week, coming out of the national championships, having the European championships sandwiched with the Bretagne Classic, and of course the start of the biggest race of all, the TdF. But unlike most opening Tour weekends, there were a number of overlapping events, including the HC/PS Brussels Classic, two normally late-season Italian 1.1 races, the 2.1 Poitou Charentes, and another 1.1 in Belgium. So how did it end up?

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Nathanptz557
2Ferminal520
3LaFlorecita488
4SafeBet460
5JPettersen455

Nathanptz gets a second weekly win in a row! This is usually a pretty rare occurrence in the game, but Nathanptz has become the second team to do it in the last month after bminchow's earlier success. Nathanptz's team was led by 144 points from a very on-form Davide Ballerini, who got 2nd in Brussels, 6th in the Euros after leading out Nizzolo, and 4th in Overijse this week. Also contributing were Ivan Garcia (86 points), Quinn Simmons (76 points) and 66 each from Bouhanni and Eekhoff. Ferminal clears 500 points for second place on the week, largely due to Michael Matthews' win in Plouay (220 points, 3 teams), and supporting points from Ballerini. Flo nabs third thanks largely to the combo of Ballerini, Bouhanni, and Garcia, as well as 80 from a finally resurgent Fabio Felline.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Ferminal(+20)
2Nathanptz(+19)
3LaFlorecita(+15)
4flashke(+13)
4TheArt(+13)

The same podium on this ranking, with a reversal at the top as Fermi just outgains Nathanptz, moving up 20 spots on the overall.

This Month's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints This Month
1BlueRoads2538
2Nathanptz2526
3ChrisDK2387
4bminchow2361
5Lortnoc2328

No surprise to see our two aforementioned double weekly winners here in Nathanptz and bminchow, but it's the team that won the week in between their reigns that just takes the monthly title. BlueRoads had a wonderful month, reaping over 2500 points from some savvy rare picks. Primary amongst those was the man of the month, Wout Van Aert, who accumulated 522 points since the restart, a great haul for the 11 teams who believed in his comeback this year. Also performing quite well for BlueRoads was a pair of riders who were only picked by 9 teams, George Bennett (350 points) and Dani Martinez (305), with the more popular Thibaut Pinot (330 points, 60 teams) also clearing 300 on the month. Also netting over 100 points for BlueRoads is the slightly more popular Tom Dumoulin, as well as Lennard Kamna, Andrea Bagioli and Quinn Simmons. Nathanptz appears on yet another leaderboard, with the essential Van Aert and Martinez, but also 284 points from Davide Ballerini (22 teams) and 233 from Nils Eekhoff (18 teams). ChrisDK lands third going a different route than the other two, with only the Dauphine winner Martinez in common. ChrisDK's team was headed by (or, to be more accurate, is almost solely constituted of) rare picks, chief among them 484 points from Alexandr Vlasov (2 teams). Unique pick Florian Senechal (336 points), rare pick Alex Aranburu (3 teams, 229 points), and riders picked by two teams (Pavel Sivakov, Richie Porte, Luka Mezgec) all netted the team more than 135 points.

This Month's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1BlueRoads(+58)
2Nathanptz(+55)
3ChrisDK(+46)
4flashke(+44)
5Lortnoc(+40)

The exact same podium here, and 4 of the same top 5, as these teams use the good month to rocket up the standings, with BlueRoads and Nathanptz in particular leaping up about halfway up the table.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)5017
2(-)Jakob7474935
3(-)18-Valve. (pithy)4574
4(+4)skidmark4489
5(+1)mineralJ4411
6(-1)Nyssinator4359
7(+19)Nathanptz4341
8(-4)Hakkie24336
9(+7)bminchow4329
10(+9)JPettersen4319

Again, no change at the very top as the podium remains identical to last week. EITB and Jakob both finish mid-pack for the week and Jakob gains another 20 points to pull 82 points behind EITB for first. Both maintain a decent lead over the rest of the field. The bottom half of the top 10 is quite close once again, with 40 points separating 6th to 10th. Nathanptz parlays a winning week into a leap into the top 10, and bminchow and JPettersen join in the top 10 entrants, while sodak za, karaev and BlueRoads slide out.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Reactions: postmanhat
Very nice haul from Narvaez at Coppi i Bartali. Unfortunately, Ineos have him pencilled in for toiling at The Giro, which will mean missing the classics.

The Tour is over for me with the demise of Pinot and Dumoulin

Tirreno

Yates
Padun
Hanninen
Restrepo
Felline
Froome
Oomen

Time for yates to start doing something this year, if he's going to. The rest haven't raced much post Covid break, and so I'm hoping they'll ride themselves into a biit of form.

thankfully I am one of those few with the God that is van Aert.
I also have Sagan but he is being less Godlike at the moment...
on the GC front, like many others I have Dumoulin and Pinot but thankfully Uran is silently keeping pace. less thankfully I also have Soler, Aru and Latour.

outside of the tour, I kind of forgot that I have Narvaez but I got a nice reminder this week...

thankfully I am one of those few with the God that is van Aert.
I also have Sagan but he is being less Godlike at the moment...
on the GC front, like many others I have Dumoulin and Pinot but thankfully Uran is silently keeping pace. less thankfully I also have Soler, Aru and Latour.

outside of the tour, I kind of forgot that I have Narvaez but I got a nice reminder this week...

Soler wasn't even supposed to be at the Tour, which is part of the issue with him. He was supposed to be getting ready to lead the team at T-A and the Giro. He should still be going to the Giro as the team leader, but unlike Mas and Valverde he hasn't been improving as noticeably.

Like most have Dumoulin and Pinot. Like you I have Soler and Aru. I think it may be time to give up on them in fantasy. Some of the youngsters I picked are giving me some nice returns.

Good pick on your part with Van Aert.

Update #20: Wallenquist Tops as Tour Rolls on

Well, another week, another 160 points from Wout Van Aert. With relative quiet aside from the Tour (2.1 races in Coppi e Bartali and Hungary, but with few riders in this game), numbers weren't as crazy as the early weeks of the restart, but there were still a healthy amount of points up for grabs.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Wallenquist598
2Jon_Ezeitza560
3Yellow Knight493
4BlueRoads467
5Josedin464

Wallenquist takes the week with almost 600 points. Their team's top scorer is the aforementioned Van Aert, who added two Tour stages to his prodigious palmares of the last couple of months. Van Aert now has 892 points, 6 away from matching his total of last year, despite the truncated season. Also scoring highly for Wallenquist were Andrea Bagioli (117 points, 35 teams), Joao Almeida (71 points, 19 teams), and two young guys who added 'oh, they can climb too' to their profile this week in Quinn Simmons (90 points) and Thomas Pidcock (47 points). Jon Ezeitza settles for second on the week, without Van Aert but one of the 3 owners of Tadej Pogacar (132 points), as well as the other aforementioned riders. Yellow Knight rounds out the podium led by 147 points from Jonathan Narvaez (10 teams) and contributing points from rare picks Sam Bennett and Peter Sagan.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Wallenquist(+21)
2Jon_Ezeitza(+20)
3Bicycle_Boy(+16)
4Josedin(+14)
4Salvarani(+14)
4escartin(+14)

Same top two high movers here, with both Wallenquist and Jon Ezeitza moving up over 20 places. Bicycle Boy nabs third here.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1Jakob747230.7
2ChrisDK192
3EvansIsTheBest131
4Wallenquist122
4Hakkie2122

Wallenquist's points move them into the top 5, while everything else at the top holds steady. Jon Ezeitza's 35 points on the week move them juuuust behind the top 5, with 121.7 points.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)
2(-)Jakob7475220
3(+3)Nyssinator4753
4(-)skidmark4728
5(+4)bminchow4714
6(+10)BlueRoads4698
7(-2)mineralJ4665
8(-1)Nathanptz4654
9(+10)Lortnoc4634
10(-)JPettersen4613

It is continuing to tighten at the top! Jakob747 gains 58 more points on EvansIsTheBest, drawing closer for the third week in a row - 24 points now separate them. They retain a healthy lead over the rest of the pack, nearly 500 points, although given that both of them have the out-for-the-season Evenepoel, the teams in their wake must feel at least a glimmer of hope. In the last several weeks, 18-Valve has been a distance behind but steadily in 3rd place, but has a very unfortunate week of just 34 points, which means their team drops 8 places to 11th, out of the top 10. Also sliding out is Hakkie2, while BlueRoads and Lortnoc each jump 10 places to land in the top 10.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Step by step but it's going very well right now. But I'm still far away from actually competing for a win. I would need something extraordinary from Zakarin in Tour/Vuelta and maybe some solid placing from Kreuziger in Ardennes. Otherwise, it's just WVA and youngsters which won't be enough for top10 overall.

TRENDING THREADS