• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 Amy Pieters Trofee (Prediction Game WE)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok. I guess i can try this. It is ... different. It is effervescent.

Tour Down Under – GC (January 15-17)Grace Brown, Krista Doebel-Hickok
TDU – Stage huntressRuby Roseman-Gannon
Winner of the individual WWT ranking (1 point)VAN VLEUTEN Annemiek
Winner of the youth ranking (riders born in 2001 or later) (1 point)Backstedt Zoe
Winner of the team ranking (1 point)Trek - Segafredo

• Love
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Ok. I guess i can try this. It is ... different. It is effervescent.

Tour Down Under – GC (January 15-17)Grace Brown, Krista Doebel-Hickok
TDU – Stage huntressRuby Roseman-Gannon

Winner of the individual WWT ranking (1 point)VAN VLEUTEN Annemiek
Winner of the youth ranking (riders born in 2001 or later) (1 point)Backstedt Zoe
Winner of the team ranking (1 point)Trek - Segafredo

It's always great to welcome new players to the game!

I'm known for being a generous host, so even if you forget to submit riders for half the races, you'll probably still beat me.

Phew, honestly I just lack the knowledge to do this. But I might throw in some random guesses until midnight.

You score the exact same amount of points in 2021 as I did in 2022, so having a bit of knowledge is not always better than blissful ignorance :sweatsmile:
And you could always just copy other people's predictions or exclusively select only Basque riders to make it less time consuming.

• Love
Reactions: BR2
Individual Ranking: Demi Vollering
Youth Ranking: Shirin van Anrooij
Team Ranking: Trek

TDU

GC: Grace Brown, Brodie Chapman
Huntress: Ruby Roseman-Gannon

Something in me wants to make up new names for these three Australians, like Brodie Brown, Grace Gannon and Ruby Chapman, but I am going with these slightly unspectacular picks and their real names in order to have a better shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Also, the drawings are new, aren't they? Love them.

Christine Majerus is Luxembourgish champon of pretty much every cycling dicipline as well as drawing and knitting. I don't know if she's able to do the latter things while on a bike.

I was considering just writing "Bäckstedt" for the youth rider.

I only accept Elynor's married name from nown. But if you ever predict Schweinberger to win a race, I may give you the points, no matter which one of the two ends up winning.

With the first race almost under way, we're currently set for a ten player shootout, but other posters can still join the game free of charge :D

Here is an overview of our WWT and TDU predictions:

@bminchow
WWT: Annemiek van Vleuten, Trek-Segafredo and Zoe Bäckstedt
TDU: Grace Brown and Krista Doebel-Hickok + Ruby Roseman-Gannon

@BR2
WWT: Demi Vollering, Trek and Shirin van Anrooij
TDU: Grace Brown and Brodie Chapman + Ruby Roseman-Gannon

@Dk one
WWT: Annemiek van Vleuten, SD Worx and Shirin Van Anrooij
TDU: Amanda Spratt and Grace Brown + Ruby Roseman-Gannon

@Jumbo Visma Fan :)
WWT: Annemiek van Vleuten, Trek and Shirin van Anrooij
TDU: Amanda Spratt and Grace Brown + Alex Manly

@Libertine Seguros
WWT: Demi Vollering, SD Worx and Shirin van Anrooij
TDU: Grace Brown and Ruby Roseman-Gannon + Alex Manly

@Põhja Konn
WWT: Annemiek van Vleuten, SD Worx and Shirin Van Anrooij
TDU: Grace Brown and Alex Manly + Georgia Baker

@RedheadDane
WWT: Lorena Wiebes, SD Worx and Shirin van Anrooij
TDU: Alex Manly and Brodie Chapman + Grace Brown

@yaco
WWT: Annemiek van Vleuten, Trek and Zoe Bäckstedt
TDU: Amanda Spratt and Brodie Chapman + Georgie Howe

@Samu Cuenca
WWT: Demi Vollering, SD Worx and Ally Wollaston
TDU: Amanda Spratt and Grace Brown + Ally Wollaston

@Gwbert
WWT: Demi Vollering, SD Worx and Shirin van Anrooij
TDU: Grace Brown and Ruby Roseman-Gannon + Alex Manly

GODDAMMIT! I should have swapped Chapman and Brown. Chapman still wouldn't have gotten me any points, but at least Brown would have gotten me more points...

Well I also made the mistake of swapping out Manly for Wollaston after the criterium. And Wollaston only finished fifth in the youth classification, so my strategy of her winning the blue jersey by simply riding more races than the other contenders is off to a bad start. It'll be interesting to see if Christie, Wyllie and/or Smith will be able to challenge Van Anrooij in that competition.

Reactions: Dk one and Gwbert

TRENDING THREADS