• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not a good day yesterday.

No points, gino mader out of GC in Valenciana and now I learn that Ben Healy has a fractured hand and abandons in Bessege.
Has anybody heard something about Healy's injury?

yeah I did :)

Only info I found was 'fractured hand' on procyclingstats, just wanted some more detail on how serious the injury is.
Is he out for several weeks or is it just a precaution that he abandons? Don't know if he finished yesterday.

yeah I did :)

Only info I found was 'fractured hand' on procyclingstats, just wanted some more detail on how serious the injury is.
Is he out for several weeks or is it just a precaution that he abandons? Don't know if he finished yesterday.

EF tweeted this yesterday. It doesn't clarify for how long they expect him to be sidelined or if it might require surgery, but a hand injury shouldn't keep him from training in one way or another. And perhaps a short break now will be mean he'll be able to get better results later in the year

View: https://twitter.com/EFprocycling/status/1621236091918458883

Reactions: Whoops
I left twitter when Musk took over
You lasted way longer than me.

He didn't score any points today, but it still looks like Anderis and others don't have to lose all their faith in Piccolo just yet.
Well, it seems I should be already allowed to lose faith, at least faith in that he will score some points for Etoile de Besseges GC, which makes it his 5th consecutive race in which he'll likely score 0. Not great for a 500+points pick.

One time I tried to log back to my twitter account, but I forgot my passowrd. I tried to reset my password via e-mail, but it wouldn't let me, because it demanded that I tell my username (which didn't equal to my e-mail address) before it sends a new password, which I didn't remember either.

Well, it seems I should be already allowed to lose faith, at least faith in that he will score some points for Etoile de Besseges GC, which makes it his 5th consecutive race in which he'll likely score 0. Not great for a 500+points pick.

It doesn't look great now, but there's still plenty of time for him to repair damage.

But you never know when! :cool:

I already know when, cause it happened at about 19:24 CET.

Last year, Van Gils won the Saudi Tour and Buitrago finished on the podium while Evenepoel and Rodriguez got on the podium in Valenciana. That was enough to win the week and really set the stage for the rest of the season. This time I have, hmm, Thomas Gloag on pace for a top 5 in Valenciana. Well at least my 2022 team is doing great again.