• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eh, no home-run in these races. Only some decent placings and minor points in the end. Tulett finishing 6th in Jaen was good to see, hope he develops further during the year. Uijtdebroeks is 9th on the GC atm in Tour of Oman, so maybe some more points will come in there.

More races coming up, which is always good after a quite mediocre week.

Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta
PIDCOCK Thomas
MIHKELS Madis
ASGREEN Kasper
VAN WILDER Ilan
VAN UDEN Casper
FISHER-BLACK Finn

Looks okay. Should score some points from this line-up.

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol
GARCÍA CORTINA Iván
DE GENDT Aimé
BERNAL Egan
SIVAKOV Pavel

Ouch... expectations are low for this race, when it comes to scoring points. I think it could be a fun race to watch though.

Edit: Shame with Bernal, but Sivakov in the line-up makes it more interesting for my team here.

Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var starts later this week, but missing a lot of names in the provisional startlist.

Dont think I will have anyone in Rwanda.

An okay week with Van Wilder and Pidcock in Algarve, even though it would have been better if the race ended after stage four. Fisher-Black also scored minor points finishing in 20th place overall. Decent performance from him.

Sivakov scored points in Andalucia finishing 10th.

On we go!

UAE Tour
HERMANS Ben
PLAPP Luke
TULETT Ben
GLOAG Thomas

Not too bad. Hopefully someone could have a good race and score some points.

O Gran Camiño
MOSCON Gianni

Does not look like a race that suits him. Coming back from injury and might just be looking to get some racing miles before the classics season.

Pretty dispiriting week. Half my team riding with only the fairly popular Pidcock and Haig gaining much at all. Piccolo (again) and Van Eetvelt disappeared on the last day of Haut Var, as did Lutsenko in Oman. He's in UAE which initially seemed like a great opportunity till I saw it had TTT?!
Also:

Ewan
Kolze
Storer
Quick
Hermans

unique pick Geniets picking up some nice points in France!

I am starting to wonder why I did not pick Van Wilder, I had him last year and maybe 2021 as well (I can't remember...) but not sure why I suddenly decided not to take him this year and I think it was a mistake.

I am starting to wonder why I did not pick Van Wilder, I had him last year and maybe 2021 as well (I can't remember...) but not sure why I suddenly decided not to take him this year and I think it was a mistake.
Was about to post the same about Van Wilder. Think I've had him the past two years as well.
Wonder if I should also have kept Marijn Van Den Berg in my team.
Am quite concerned about my biggest gamble this year, Arensman. Guess his duty is to peak for the Giro, but still.
Anothe gamble is Mattias Skjelmose, but here I am more confident. Just chekced his progress this year compared to last year's and see that he now has roughly the same amount of points as he had coming out of the 2022 Giro.
But wonder why I didn't keep Vauquelin in my team?

Reactions: EvansIsTheBest
Decent haul this week, four riders in the top-20 in Algarve headlined by Van Wilder, and Uijtdebroeks, Haig, Schelling and Grégoire chipped in as well. My UAE Tour team is really thin with only Baudin, Plapp, Gloag and Tiberi - fortunately Plapp and Gloag are both in the first echelon by the looks, hopefully it doesn't come back together.

Not too bad of a week for me, Van Wilder, Powless, Rodriguez and Jorgenson all with good points, plus a few small point guys like Vermaerke. Its nice to be doing OK early on since I wont be within sniffing distance of the top 50 as we get into the season.

Okay. Not the best week for me either. Although I guess i get points for Turner in Jaén Paraiso Interior and UIJTDEBROEKS for Oman GC. We'll take points from Pidcok and Van Wilder, and complain about Tobias. And also not looking good for this coming week since i have almost no sprinters.

UAE
BOL Cees - support rider this week
BRENNER Marco - useless
CARR Simon - Worse then useless
GLOAG Thomas - for TTT and mountain
PLAPP Lucas - Got in that first group so maybe he is the Ineos guy this week.
RICCITELLO Matthew - just practicing
STEINHAUSER Georg - eh
VINE Jay - Still in the GC hunt for top 5.

O Gran Camiño
MOSCON Gianni - Hopefully i get something out of him this year.

Pretty good week thanks to Paret-Peintre in Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var. He's off to a good start of the season.
Not many points in Ruta del Sol and Algarve, but several riders showed some good form. Laurens De Plus is looking good, doing domestic duties and still finishing strong. I hope he get's some chances later in the season (maybe Belgiun and Benelux tour)

UAE Tour: 2nd place for Ewan, hope he get's his win and a nice confidence boost. Vine already lost time, but it's not over yet
EWAN Caleb
VINE Jay
TARLING Joshua
HERMANS Ben

Gran Camino:
MOSCON Gianni

Last edited:
Pretty good week thanks to Paret-Peintre in Tour of the Alps. He's off to a good start of the season.
Not many points in Ruta del Sol and Algarve, but several riders showed some good form. Laurens De Plus is looking good, doing domestic duties and still finishing strong. I hope he get's some chances later in the season (maybe Belgiun and Benelux tour)

UAE Tour: 2nd place for Ewan, hope he get's his win and a nice confidence boost. Vine already lost time, but it's not over yet
EWAN Caleb
VINE Jay
TARLING Joshua
HERMANS Ben

Gran Camino:
MOSCON Gianni

Tour of the Alps? :)

Well, I guess it is in some sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Whoops
Update #7: Ganna From Heaven

The week ramped up in the frequency of races from the last couple of weeks, and it showed in the scores. We had stage races in France, Oman, Spain and Portugal, and the majority of riders have their seasons underway.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1adamski101631
2LaFlorecita594
3slow_climber574
4repre558
5firefly3323544

Some pretty good scores this week, with adamski101 the only team to top 600 points. This is thanks to a couple of 100+ scorers: Filippo Ganna (135 points, 7 teams) and Ilan Van Wilder (117, 34). On top of that, Tom Pidcock (89 points, 76 teams) and Tobias Foss (81 points, 3 teams) were strong contributors. LaFlorecita was led by a 135-point scorer as well, but it was Mauri Vansevenant (2 teams), as well as Van Wilder, Pidcock, and Joao Almeida (77, 15). slow climber rounds out the podium with 574 points thanks largely to some rare picks in Matteo Jorgenson (173, 5), Buitrago (110, 3), and Carlos Rodriguez (91, 8) as well as Pidcock.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1LaFlorecita(+50)
2repre(+40)
3comodoro(+33)
4adamski101(+30)
5Mellow Velo(+28)

Some HUGE moves this week. LaFlo does one better on this ranking, moving up a whopping 50 spots on the overall, almost halfway up. repre has a week that's no slouch itself, thanks too Ganna/IVW/Aurelien Paret-Peintre (103 points, 12 teams). comodoro leaps 33 points to take third, thanks largely to being one of the 4 teams who decided to re-up on Kevin Vauquelin (152 points).

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1bminchow137.3
2Jakob747100.3
3DJW75
4Blues in the bottle74.5
5firefly332371

No changes or points at the top here this week, but Blues in the bottle (20 points on the week) and firefly3323 (22 points) move into the top 5.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)bminchow1999
2(-)Jakob7471594
3(+7)firefly33231562
4(-1)zaka_fan1480
5(+1)Poles & Co1442
6(-2)DJW1437
7(-2)tobydawq1436
8(+9)slow_climber1430
9(+10)Blues in the bottle1339
10(+5)zigzag_wanderer1338

bminchow comes oh so close to cracking 2000 points, but will have to be content with extending the lead over second place to over 400 points. However, a number of teams are charging behind, and the top 10 is getting more crowded. slow climber, Blues in the bottle and zigzag wanderer move into the top 10 (and weekly winner adamski101 moves up 30 spots to #11, 20 points out), while Basque Street Boys, ray10 and greenedge fall out.

This week, there's the UAE Tour, Gran Camino, and... omigod it's Opening Weekend already???

spreadsheet at dropbox