• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2023 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh dear...
Can only hope our our one-day riders to make up the Roglic defecit..

GW
Ewan
Kragh Andersen
Pedersen
Asgreen
Page
Van uden
Waerenskjold

Too wet or some other excuse for Ewan. The rest will likely be riding support or are out of form.

Artigianto
Piccolo

Relatively weak startlist, so maybe he can start doing something, anything this season.

Tourangelle
Mikhels
Kolze

GW
Ewan
Kragh Andersen
Pedersen
Asgreen
Page
Van uden
Waerenskjold

Too wet or some other excuse for Ewan. The rest will likely be riding support or are out of form.

Artigianto
Piccolo

Relatively weak startlist, so maybe he can start doing something, anything this season.

Tourangelle
Mikhels
Kolze
Piccolo is not in the startlist

Was also thinking of his performance in Tirreno. He DNS'd yesterday and has been withdrawn from RVV. Would like to believe it, but not sure this part of the plan.
As far as I know he was never supposed to ride De Ronde unless he was in the form of his life (which he clearly is not). He said at the beginning of the season that his focus this year would be on the Ardennes.

Reactions: manafana
Well, already this season I can see that I am jiggered in this competition. I took the gamble that Roglic would not get back to previous form, or not enough to be worth the investment. This error has been compounded by the pitiful display by some riders who I thought represented better value when added togther .... like Sagan, who clearly can't be bothered to even try and Piccolo for instance. Hirschi too ... though he has been a tad unlucky, and I think he will come good.

On the plus side, all but one of my riders have scored (come on Michel Leonard, you are letting the side down). And I only realised today that my "left field" pick of Javier Serrano has already scored 14 points .... in just one race outpointing Asgreen and Bernal's season totals. So I at least have some things to smile about. And actually, finding the little hidden gems has always been part of the fun of this competition for me. In the recent past I had Pogacar and De Lie in their breakout seasons ... if only I had stuck with the Pog, at least for one more season!!!

Morgado was an obvious youngster, but Serrano is probably a unique pick. I fancy Thijssen to do ok for me this year too, though it's to much to hope that he can replicate De Lie.

Sagan, if you are reading this, don't be remembered as a pay check passenger. Get your finger out and score some points ... PLEASE.

GW
Ewan
Kragh Andersen
Pedersen
Asgreen
Page
Van uden
Waerenskjold

Artigianto
Piccolo

Tourangelle
Mikhels
Kolze

Pedersen? You have Mads Pedersen on the team? Or are you confusing him with Casper Pedersen who will not be riding?

Quite happy with how this week turned out, just shy of a 1000 pts if I'm correct. Roglic good for about half this amount.
Healy winning in Italy makes up for the disappointing (points wise only) flemish races.

RVV not looking good for my team, guess I have to hope for a Van Aert/Pogacar 1-2 to snatch away the big points

Got a few points from a few riders but basically my team is just Roglic, which keeps me from falling last, but will never be enough to get me near the top. Consequently I should stay somewhere in the middle.
Thank god at least Hirschi is back, and Ackermann collects a few points.
Carlos Rodriguez is set to race Itzulia... I don't hope for points there from him, he probably needs to race himself into form again. I just hope his Vuelta will still be fine, because he's by far my second most expensive pick and to have all those points spent for nothing would be terrible for my team.

Annoying week for me. Van Wilder and Haig used as helpers in Catalunya and decided to sit up completely/abandon, Kwiatkowski crashed out of GW, Bettiol, Kragh and Asgreen disappeared from the front in both of the cobbled races and my rag-tag team in Italy didn't really deliver as I had hoped.

It's cold at the top of the table. Looking for warmer locations for the next update.

Annoying week for me. Van Wilder and Haig used as helpers in Catalunya and decided to sit up completely/abandon, Kwiatkowski crashed out of GW, Bettiol, Kragh and Asgreen disappeared from the front in both of the cobbled races and my rag-tag team in Italy didn't really deliver as I had hoped.

It's cold at the top of the table. Looking for warmer locations for the next update.
Kragh and Bettiol was 9th and 15th, stop whining)) here are people with Stuyven and freaking Jake Stewart!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BR2
My Roglic team continues to do worse since Roglic started his season than before it. With nothing happening for me in Belgium and the likes of Van Wilder, Haig and Onley all on domestique duty in Catalunya, my other 32 riders combined for less than 300 points this week with the highlights being Uijtdebroeks and Martinez’ 9th and 12th places in Catalunya and Hayter finishing 5th in Coppi e Bartali, and all of those are fairly popular picks. Still, that’s comfortably the best week the rest of my team has collectively had since the start of Tirreno, but I need some people to (re)find their form fast if I’m not going to slide badly before the Giro. Or be allowed to restart their season, in the case of Tiberi - that’s someone who could really have boosted me this week.

Just you wait. Stewart is gonna win a bunch of races, and I shall make a major leap...

into the top-30.
I thought he would be leader in bunch of smaller races and maybe has free role in races like G-W, but he is used as pure helper in all races and even in smaller ones FDJ has Penhoet as sprinter and Askey as leader. Miscalculation by me, huge one, because i had Jorgenson in his spot and made the change late in the process.

Update #12: Blues on top of the charts

A big classics week with a high-level Catalunya saw another wealth of points, and just like Tirenno-Adriatico, there was a Roglic/non-Roglic divide in the field (although with Catalunya a WT2 rather than WT1, it was just a little less pronounced). Let's see how things shook out!

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Blues in the bottle1113
2HoudiniCycling1052
3Sneekes1030
4Riverside1027
5Senderos1018

The top 5 all cracked 4 digit scores this week, with Blues in the bottle taking top spot by over 60 points. Of course, the main event was Roglic, who added another 473 points for his 57 owners, already at 79% of his1240 cost after two stage races. But much more surprisingly, BitB had a huge week from Ben Healy (4 teams), who scored 221 on the week and cost 167 overall. Other notable contributors were the now-in-profit Matteo Jorgenson (96 points, 5 teams), and Cian Uijtdebroeks (69 points, 67 teams). HoudiniCycling got second with Roglic and Jorgenson as well, and Almeida (164, 15), Woods (99, 6) and Groves (89, 7) also standing out. Sneekes ekes out third place with Roglic & Healy, but a bit less help than BitB.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1PandaClaws(+27)
2scrooll07(+23)
2Fivezzz(+23)
2Bonimenier(+23)
5Gotland(+20)
5PremierAndrew(+20)
5SafeBet(+20)

It is quite a rare event that the two weekly leaderboards are completely different, but here we go! I guess the other teams must have been pretty high on the chart already? Either way, Panda Claws takes this one, moving up 27 big spots on the leaderboard with a high-end combo of Roglic, MvdP (132 points, 15 teams) and Yves Lampaert (118, 10). scrooll07 (Roglic/Almeida) and Fivezzz (Roglic/Uijtdebroeks/Alexis Renard) split 2nd place.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1Blues in the bottle154.5
2bminchow137.3
3Jakob747122.3
4rote_laterne121.5
5escartin106

And there's a new leader in this category too - one week after ceding the overall lead in the game, bminchow falls out of first in the Green Jersey as well, as BitB's 45 points on the week are enough to take over first. escartin is the only other team in the top 5 scoring this week, gaining 16 points to move into the top 5.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(+1)Blues in the bottle4545
2(+4)Whoops4279
3(+8)Riverside4231
4(-3)tobydawq4175
5(+10)HoudiniCycling4171
6(+4)repre4126
7(+1)will104117
8(-4)DJW4111
9(-)Yellow Knight4107
10(-3)Crevaison4082

Blues in the bottle completes the trifecta this week, leading the weekly, green jersey, and overall competitions! In fact, their placement to start the week (2nd overall) and their monster week means that they have a lead over 250 points to 2nd place. It's still fairly close aside from that, as 2nd-10th is within 200 points of each other. tobydawq, who finally unseated bminchow last week, has a less lengthy reign, falling off the podium. Riverside and HoudiniCycling move into the top 10 while adamski101 and bminchow fall 18 and 20 spots respectively, demonstrating the effects of not having Roglic in one of these weeks. The good news for teams like them is that Rogla is now off until the Giro (the bad news, of course, being that the Giro still gives lots of points).

This week is a bit more chill on the points front, with no major stage race and only 2 1.WT races... but the last one is a doozy, the Ronde. There are a few .PS and .1 races going on in France and Spain as well.

spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS