• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I chose Mighty Mouse Martinez instead. What a week he has had.

Just looking ahead to the weekend.

SB

Alaphilippe
Kron
Del Toro
Arensman
Herzog
Sheehan

Obscure 1.1s
Fretin
Van Sintmaartensdjik

Paris Nice

Van Wilder
Tarling
Van Sintmaartensdjik
Plapp
Rootkin-gray

Mighty Mouse has probably outscored what the lot of them will manage between them this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedheadDane
Too much time on my hands:
I have worked out the value of each team as at the end of 2022 (bear in mind, teams will have had an end of 2023 value of near to, but not more than, 7500)
Teams at the top of this table will have set their store in youth, those at the other end will have banked on riders returning to a previous level. I always set far too much store by my spreadsheet comparisons of the year just finished to previous scores when selecting, and every year tell myself not to do that. But I am not (quite) the most guilty, it would appear.

armchairclimber
4667​
RedheadDane
4905​
Analnyi_khirurg
5169​
Josedin
5684​
LosBrolin
5772​
Jakob747
6373​
Basque Street Boys
6580​
Leadbelly
6811​
trackstand
7906​
Berflamand
8035​
Shakes
8093​
Poles & Co
8202​
kingcycling
8212​
Jon_Ezeitza
8293​
Mushroom
8476​
AlTarf_ua
8532​
hayneplane
8763​
ray10
8946​
karaev
9094​
zigzag_wanderer
9530​
18-Valve. (pithy)
9696​
Yellow Knight
10002​
Blues in the bottle
10173​
Squire
10241​
Amis_Velo
10377​
EvansIsTheBest
10440​
slow_climber
10515​
triley36
10639​
Eric10
10740​
pman
10823​
Amethyst
10958​
rote_laterne
10962​
Nevs
11003​
JPettersen
11087​
vickyriso
11089​
Bicycle_Boy
11113​
hfgon1
11160​
Fivezzz
11271​
oliveira
11288​
SafeBet
11355​
firefly3323
11403​
DJ Sprtsch
11626​
Nakazar
11653​
Crevaison
11674​
HoudiniCycling
11716​
Lortnoc
11751​
Hugo Koblet
11868​
ingsve
11953​
JumboVismaFan
11985​
laarsland
12004​
Senderos
12029​
Salvarani
12133​
ILN
12139​
Sneekes
12161​
Rakim
12355​
vladimir
12369​
skidmark
12444​
Rufs
12516​
Nyssinator
12522​
Anderis
12576​
peixotini
12661​
Eyeballs Out
12850​
Devils_Elbow
12920​
bminchow
12936​
repre
13018​
tobydawq
13040​
Popchu
13064​
vsd88
13194​
nbfc1962
13197​
adamski101
13464​
Earns1985
13563​
MADRAZO
13646​
PandaClaws
13736​
Googolplex
13813​
RestInPunk
13839​
the asian
13861​
shalgo
13971​
escartin
14110​
Kazistuta
14283​
postmanhat
14513​
greenedge
14651​
search
14668​
Object
14700​
will10
15104​
jsem94
15189​
Simurgh
15427​
manafana
15723​
Gotland
15724​
Boris98
15795​
Armchair cyclist
15822​
NorthAmericanScum
16039​
del1962
16249​
Total Package
16320​
Riverside
18502​
CollectiveWisdom
13365​

Some weeks, this "youth" focus yields results (short term at least) ... especially in terms of fun to be had. I have Martinez and Morgado, both of whom were on my team last year (and did pretty well).

I needed to quickly brush up some php for something else. Decided to use this game as a test subject.

In case anyone is interested I can throw it online tomorrow (quickly need to add some styling!). It's quite basic currently but easy to expand.
- Teams of all participants are in (only one rider of one team is not, Lizzie Sharpe was in someone's team? But not in CQ so not sure what that is about :) Thought it was a female rider but not sure )
- It can parse results of CQ Ranking website (can be triggered by anyone, max update is once per day)
- Show Ranking of everyone in a table
- When clicking on a name in table, shows the selected riders and their points
- When clicking on a rider, for now it takes you to CQ website of that rider
- Was to lazy to add country of each rider

I only have todays date (and end of year 2023) so couldn't do many insights yet but as time passes it will be easy to show everyone's rank throughout time on their own page, rider with most points gained over x period, player in this game with most gained in x period, biggest relative return players, biggest absolute return, whatever. Just need more data stored but couldn't quickly see how to go through history (besides year end) on CQ Ranking.

Benefit is that it's not dependent on rider names but their identifiers from the CQ Ranking website, so when names change it has no impact. Neither on the past nor the future. Also that it updates daily virtually automatically (if someone triggers the update data). Just need to add still what last update has been...

I needed to quickly brush up some php for something else. Decided to use this game as a test subject.

In case anyone is interested I can throw it online tomorrow (quickly need to add some styling!). It's quite basic currently but easy to expand.
- Teams of all participants are in (only one rider of one team is not, Lizzie Sharpe was in someone's team? But not in CQ so not sure what that is about :) Thought it was a female rider but not sure )
- It can parse results of CQ Ranking website (can be triggered by anyone, max update is once per day)
- Show Ranking of everyone in a table
- When clicking on a name in table, shows the selected riders and their points
- When clicking on a rider, for now it takes you to CQ website of that rider
- Was to lazy to add country of each rider

I only have todays date (and end of year 2023) so couldn't do many insights yet but as time passes it will be easy to show everyone's rank throughout time on their own page, rider with most points gained over x period, player in this game with most gained in x period, biggest relative return players, biggest absolute return, whatever. Just need more data stored but couldn't quickly see how to go through history (besides year end) on CQ Ranking.

Benefit is that it's not dependent on rider names but their identifiers from the CQ Ranking website, so when names change it has no impact. Neither on the past nor the future. Also that it updates daily virtually automatically (if someone triggers the update data). Just need to add still what last update has been...
Not happy with it yet but threw it online nonetheless:

At a later date I intend to add graphs, will restyle tables to be prettier, add some more statistics when I have more data (now only have year end 2023 and yesterday/today - latter two which are identical). Graphs, for instance on team page I now have rank throughout time in a table. Later will throw that in a graph instead (first need to figure out how though).

Anyway, when opening page you see the team rankings (in an ugly table for now). You can click on a team name to see the composition of the team and historical ranking in competition of said team. Names are clickable but link to CQRankings website. Random Stats tab currently only has one table... Just the 25 riders which have outperformed their 2023 points the most in absolute terms. Last column is clickable which shows which teams hold that rider. Typing this, I should sort probably by ranking of each team in overall competition!

Insert New Data: Can only be done once per day. Updates the CQ Points. Not sure how often they are updated though (nor how quickly) but tracking it daily should cover most cases. Anyone can click it but as mentioned, if data is already there it won't do anything.

Everything on it now will work going forward. If Data is updated the tables will also automatically update of course.

Later will check for an export function. What would be desired for this; Which data and which format? Will need to create this anyway (as well as graphs) for a different purpose so this is a nice test case.

Amazing!
Almost too good. No more weekly updates.
The site looks really nice and it will be cool to track my team's free fall in the rankings in real time. However, I hope skidmark continues his weekly write ups of which picks/teams are doing well. I enjoy the occasional pun that appear in those and getting updates on teams I don't usually follow very closely.

The site looks really nice and it will be cool to track my team's free fall in the rankings in real time. However, I hope skidmark continues his weekly write ups of which picks/teams are doing well. I enjoy the occasional pun that appear in those and getting updates on teams I don't usually follow very closely.
Also my appreciation for the site, which looks really nice. I think especially for the green jersey competition we will still need the weekly update, in addition to the other things, that you just mentioned.

Reactions: Salvarani
Not happy with it yet but threw it online nonetheless:

At a later date I intend to add graphs, will restyle tables to be prettier, add some more statistics when I have more data (now only have year end 2023 and yesterday/today - latter two which are identical). Graphs, for instance on team page I now have rank throughout time in a table. Later will throw that in a graph instead (first need to figure out how though).

Anyway, when opening page you see the team rankings (in an ugly table for now). You can click on a team name to see the composition of the team and historical ranking in competition of said team. Names are clickable but link to CQRankings website. Random Stats tab currently only has one table... Just the 25 riders which have outperformed their 2023 points the most in absolute terms. Last column is clickable which shows which teams hold that rider. Typing this, I should sort probably by ranking of each team in overall competition!

Insert New Data: Can only be done once per day. Updates the CQ Points. Not sure how often they are updated though (nor how quickly) but tracking it daily should cover most cases. Anyone can click it but as mentioned, if data is already there it won't do anything.

Everything on it now will work going forward. If Data is updated the tables will also automatically update of course.

Later will check for an export function. What would be desired for this; Which data and which format? Will need to create this anyway (as well as graphs) for a different purpose so this is a nice test case.
Very nice!

When I get to the list of teams that have a specific rider (e.g. Tratnik), I can then click on the team names, but the link (for every team) is missing the team ID (https://www.savius.at/CQGame/cqgame.php?page=Team&TeamId=), so instead of showing that team it just shows me the score of Googolplex (team ID=1) in a table.

Yup, exactly.

The high movers for the week will kind of get lost and that is interesting to see.

Green jersey competition.

It is always nice to be mentioned in an update as well.

Very nice!

When I get to the list of teams that have a specific rider (e.g. Tratnik), I can then click on the team names, but the link (for every team) is missing the team ID (https://www.savius.at/CQGame/cqgame.php?page=Team&TeamId=), so instead of showing that team it just shows me the score of Googolplex (team ID=1) in a table.
Fixed! Thanks for catching this. Accidentally the TeamId was not retrieved so also not added to the URL. Now works!

(and 1 is the lazy catch all indeed, probably why I didnt notice it myself... :) )

Hopefully he will indeed! Ideally this can make it easier for him (and others) to write updates here. Since posts here will increase interest in the game and remind us all how its going. When certain data is used often I can also make an export function (csv or something) for analysis or posting here. Data is only good when also qualitative things are added so that should definitely remain!

Unfortunately currently lacking historical data, but when I have more I can add in more reports quite easily. Need to check what the green jersey competition is though. High movers over a certain period I can add when I have the data, unfortunately I am missing everything up to yesterday and not sure if I can retrieve it somehow.

Now need to do something else unfortunately but have a first version of graphs working locally. Need to make it flexible and then will add some graphs (now have just done a team's historical ranking).

She's listed as SHARP Isabel on CQ. Remember, for women riders, you have to go to the women section, and then use the search function.

Amazing!
Almost too good. No more weekly updates.

You mean... no more having to wait for weekly updates, we're still getting them, right... ?