• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My riders, so far, for the coming week. Riders in bold are up for The Big One next Sunday:

Amdi Pedersen
Andersen
Charmig
Cort
Foldager
Gregaard
Honoré
Jørgensen
Kragh
Kron

Lund*
Nielsen*
Norsgaard (he'll have a fun time hauling those 81 KG up the Alps.)
Skjelmose
Stokbro*
Søjberg
Wandahl

*Though any points they could even potentially score won't be relevant until the following week.

Last edited:
A few races this week, but not many of my riders starting in them as of now.

Giro d'Abruzzo
CHRISTEN Jan

De Brabantse Pijl
BUSATTO Francesco
LAMPERTI Luke
CARAPAZ Richard
RYAN Archie

MORGADO António
PICKRELL Riley

Classic Grand Besançon Doubs
-
Tour du Jura Cycliste
-
Amstel Gold Race

AYUSO Juan
CHRISTEN Jan
HIGUITA Sergio
TURNER Ben
WALLS Matthew
CARAPAZ Richard
WRIGHT Fred
BUSATTO Francesco
HAGENES Per Strand

Hopefully a couple more will be added during the week.

Get the points team!
Not many points from last week, but a feeling is that it might have been similar for many teams. A few might have gained more than the majority.

After a slow week points wise it is always nice that new races are on the horizon.

Tour of the Alps
HIGUITA Sergio
TIBERI Antonio
LEEMREIZE Gijs

La Flèche Wallonne
CARAPAZ Richard
RYAN Archie
TURNER Ben
BUSATTO Francesco
COLLEONI Kevin
AYUSO Juan

Startlist pretty incomplete, so more could hopefully be added.

Liège - Bastogne - Liège
PICCOLO Andrea
CARAPAZ Richard
RYAN Archie
BERNAL Egan
TIBERI Antonio
BUSATTO Francesco
COLLEONI Kevin

Startlist pretty incomplete, so more could hopefully be added.

There is also Giro della Romagna (1) and Presidential Cycling Tour of Türkiye (2) but I dont have anyone listed there atm.

Added:
DEL TORO Isaac (1)
MORGADO António (1)

Just have to hope for the best this week.

Last edited:
Update #13: No More Doubting Thomas

In a week that saw the 2.1 Giro D'Abruzzo as the only stage race and a trio of Coupe de France races offer triple points to riders with the races being contested by the same top guys, the Amstel Gold Race was the highlight. Thomas Pidcock won it after losing in a photo finish to Van Aert a few years back (or actually winning it if you ask him), netting 220 points for the 7 teams that took a swing on him this year. No surprise that the winner of the week was one of the seven.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Amis_Velo526
2Shakes460
3Lortnoc430
4manafana412
5Riverside402

Amis Velo is the only team to clear 500 points this week, taking a comfortable win thanks to the aforementioned Pidcock, but also great weeks from Benoit Cosnefroy (151, 16) and David Gaudu (120, 2), which pretty much did it for the win, aside from a few 5 and 10 pointers. Shakes winds up in 2nd place thanks to Pidcock, points machine Lenny Martinez (170, 11), and a bit from Marco Brenner (35, 16), while Lortnoc gets the final spot on the podium thanks to Pidcock/Martinez as well.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1manafana(+11)
2Lortnoc(+8)
2Rakim(+8)
4Eric10(+7)
4Amis_Velo(+7)

The standings are flipped around a little in this ranking, with manafana taking first after ending in 4th on the Top Scorers list. Their team moves up 11 spots due mainly to Cosnefroy, and significant help from Mauri Vansevenant (96, 24) and Harm Vanhoucke (77, 7). Lortnoc doubles up in 2nd, tying with Rakim in moving up 8 spots.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1shalgo164
2Jakob747150
3Shakes119
4repre104
5skidmark98

Shakes moves into the top 5 of this ranking, parlaying 35 points from 2nd on the week into a spot on the overall podium here. No other top 5 teams scored weekly points this week.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)shalgo6509
2(-)skidmark5622
3(+4)adamski1015496
4(-1)Salvarani5491
5(+3)Squire5371
6(-2)repre5362
7(-2)MADRAZO5358
8(-2)EvansIsTheBest5180
9(+8)Lortnoc5107
10(-)Jakob7475106

There may be no difference in the top 2 spots, but that masks the fact that shalgo gained 222 points on 2nd place this week, expanding their lead to almost 900 points over 2nd place and over 1000 to 3rd. Last week's winner adamski101 moves onto the podium, while lower down Lortnoc enters the top 10 at the expense of JPettersen.

This week sees the Ardennes continue, as well as the Tour of the Alps, before we see the last spring Monument on Sunday and get closer to Grand Tour season.

spreadsheet link

Programming note: I will be in transit to my seasonal remote work site next week - I will post next week's update when I can but it may be a bit later than usual. After next week, EvansIsTheBest will be taking over the updates through the end of June while I am more limited in my internet access.

Please note that, despite what CQ tries to claim, Kron did indeed finish.

Dunno why some places seem determined to mix him up with Berckmoes.
I want my points!

And here's an even better source!

Last edited:
Please note that, despite what CQ tries to claim, Kron did indeed finish.

Dunno why some places seem determined to mix him up with Berckmoes.
I want my points!

And here's an even better source!

You can report mistakes directly to CQ Ranking here.

Reactions: EvansIsTheBest
Juan Pedro Lopez - Sometimes you have riders who just stay in your team without you really noticing them? I'd forgotten he was there until I saw the TDU startlist. Not really that interested in following him and certainly can't take any credit if he somehow recreates his Giro 2021 form.
Juanpe shoving the words of his idiot manager down his throat. Presumably he'll be the team leader at the Giro now that Ciccone is out for Lidl? Let's hope the weather is terrible.

With apologies to those have him, also looked like I was really going to regret not choosing Foss after stage one. Still think he'll end up being at least, a very solid pick though.

I've been distracted a bit (read: Not looking at this CQ Game). I see the website (https://www.savius.at/CQGame/cqgame.php?page=Ranking) has still been ticking along nicely (which is good! As I neglected it). Has it been useful to anyone? Any suggestions for improvement/changes or anything else? I'll have a look at this again later this week if there is anything to improve! Will have some time to play again with the code. :)
I use it a lot! I do think the weekly change tab would be more useful if it compared to the start of the week rather than to 7 days ago, though.