• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The all purpose global 'Terror' attack topic.

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
BigMac said:
El Pistolero said:
LaFlorecita said:
El Pistolero said:
Pretty poor to blame terrorism for this. We might as well cancel every sport event then.
I'd rather see 100 too many sport events cancelled than 1 too few.

The chance you'll die in a terrorist attack is one to 9 million... I'd be worried about other things if I were you. The chance you'll get cancer is one in seven... You're more likely to die in a car accident than in a terrorist attack. Are we going to stop all traffic as well now?

Terrorism is not a real threat to Western society.

Oh, please. The odds of a plane crash are 1 in 1.2 million flights, globally speaking, but the chance is much higher, say, over a war zone. The chance of a terrorist attack right now, especially in France, is higher than it was a year ago. These things are not cancelled just because of generalized ''fear'' of an attack. Police constantly alter the level of alert state based on intelligence data, we've seen this happen very often since the November attacks, but also in years past. If the risk is high, it is likely big events get cancelled, if it is low, they proceed normally. It is possible Police feel an attack could be imminent. It is also possible (likely, actually) an attack doesn't happen, but the risk is there and we should thread according to evidence instead of gambling. Too bad for the race, though.

The odds were calculated this year for Europe...

This whole terror thing is overblown, and it's hardly something new we're experiencing in Europe.

jihadist2016-1.png

According to that only about 5 people died in Lockerbie? Don't really trust that chart if that's what it's claiming.

Radical secularists (including some on this very forum) have no concern for innocent victims of terrorist attacks. All they care about is to make sure that traditional religiosity get totally discredited, in this case with the example of Islam. They are concerned with relating these attacks with traditional Islam, it seems convenient to them.

I can safely say that because the killing of innocent people in other contexts does not affect them. Take the Gaza bombing by Israel in summer 2014! Many of them would rather legitimize those actions. Others (in particular some posters on this forum) pretended to be shocked by the Israeli violence but would later lick Netanyahu’s a*se when he orchestrated a demonstration in memory of the Charlie Hebdo victims. Take all of the attacks perpetrated by far-left or far-right movements in the seventies and eighties: the Brigate Rosse, the Rote Armee Fraktion, Action directe, Ordine Nuovo, etc. All secularists, all Islamophobic! 362 dead in Italy during these “Years of Lead”. Piazza Fontana 1969, Brescia 1974. Bologna Station 1980. Oktoberfest, Munich 1980. Typically Left-wing secularists would at least trivialize such actions while “right-wing” secularists would trivialize the massacre by Freemason Breivik. And I almost forgot about the nice and cool “freedom fighters” of Algeria, the FLN, the Milk-Bar Attack in Algiers 1956 – 4 dead and 52 wounded, some remained disabled for life. They are heroes to leftists today. But of course fighting for a nation is cooler, hyper than supposedly for Allah.

But most of all, none of these secularists showed any concern for let’s say the NATO bombing of Sorman, Lybia (65km West of Tripoli) on June 20 2011, killing several children and their mothers, all in the name of “democracy” and “human rights”. Were these children’s lives less valuable than those in Nice? Just because they were Brownies or just because they had been raised in Islamic culture making them “potiential terrorists”?

Many among you will vote for Hillary Clinton, I guess or support her if you are not American. But that will make you an accomplice of War Crime and War against Humanity. Assume it!

Last time I referred to that fact the only response that posters could give to me is that their lives mattered less because they were war casualties, first as if France and Belgium were not at war at the moment, second France, Belgium, the USA, etc not only are at war at the moment but they also STARTED it and third even if those nations are at war, wars have had their rules since Middle Ages.

I don’t approve of vengeance but it’s also a natural feeling. When you create blood baths, in Lybia, in Iraq, in Kosovo, in Mali, in Syria, in Palestine, in Egypt, in Afghanistan, in Vietnam, in Hiroshima, etc you seriously believe that the survivors over there will never be out for revenge !!! Seriously! So before you accuse them, take a look at yourselves.

Just realise that great Amerindian chiefs such as Pontiac or Geronimo were considered terrorists by their contemporaries.

This Western suprematism never stops making me feel like puking. We have the best culture, our moral is superior and we have every right because we legalise drugs, we have gay marriage, “gay pride”, we have McDonald’s and Burger King’s, we are massively slaughtering animals and that’s why we promote veganism throughout the world claiming that Halal food is immoral. We promote immigration to show how tolerant we are until we realise that Muslim women are wearing veils just like our Catholic great-grandmothers or grandmothers used to. We have Play Stations, Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Justin Bieber or Disneyland. We censor dissidents for supposed anti-Semitism or so-called terrorism apologies, all in the name of freedom of speech, or now Islamic book shops like one here in Brussels which I am a customer of: “Ar-rissala”.

What do I see on this thread? First Muslims are incapable of understanding Western imperialism as an economic issue unlike Latin Americans and they have no plans to get people out of “poverty”. First of all, Western imperialism IS more than just an economic dominance, Westerners want to impose their own way of life and that imposes getting rid of the last religion which has massively remained traditional: Islam. How can Coca-Cola sell when Islam rightly says Coke is bad for you? How can Nintendo sell when Islam equally rightly says video games is bad for you? As a matter of fact in those lands people still consume US crap because Islam is declining but not as much as Christianism is in the West.

Already in the 1970’s intellectuals such as Pier Paolo Pasolini or Michel Clouscard came to realize that the new hedonistic way of life born out of the revolts of the sixties – mods & rockers – was beneficial for the establishment since it has opened up some new markets for companies in the entertainment business which they never could possibly have accessed to in the former traditional society. The Left-wing rebels of the sixties were the useful idiots of capitalism.

Then Latin America noticed Western Imperialism was strictly economic. That’s why Chavez constantly referred to Christianity in all his speeches, he banned any Halloween celebrations. Correa does not wish to hear anything about the “gender theory”. Actually, Latin America has remained deeply Catholic. Marxism has an alternative has failed in Latin America. The big problem with Chavez is that he still referred to Marxism, that’s why he also failed. A few months ago, I watched Simon Reeves’ show on the Yangze Kiang in China and he noticed that Chinese people were getting more and more religious because NEITHER the old Communist regime NOR the new capitalist system were satisfactory. And finally, if you don’t think radical Islam has social plans to fight against misery (I use the word “misery” because “poverty” is a positive word to me), then you evidently know crap about the richness of the millennium-old Islamic civilization. You’ve never heard of Emir Abdelkader of Algeria or King Muhammad V of Morocco and of course have never read the Koran.

Then you have the Estrosi crap. Everybody seems to trust a guy who claimed right after the Charlie Hebdo attacks that the Kouachi brothers would not have crossed three crossroads in Nice because they have 199 cameras, one for 343 residents while there’s one for 1532 in Paris. And then he cannot explain how a lorry could have crossed the Prom’ on 2km at night on Bastille Day while even a car cannot cross that lane on Bastille Day !! And you all trust this guy? He’s a close friend of Sarkozy’s. Back in Summer 2014, he went to Israel and brought his support for the Gaza bombing on Israeli television sets. He also prohibited any show in Nice for comedian Dieudonné for ungrounded allegation of anti-Semitism as usual, in the name of freedom of speech. Normally the Leftists should hate him but when things matter they always swear allegiance to whom they should. Scrapping events because of terrorist thread is part of this doctrine of fear. However you’ll never scrap other kind of events like crap music concerts at the Bataclan. For that matter, the cultural elite would rather encourage people to never lose their habits and not to be afraid because the cultural elite needs the little men’s money. However small businesses such as small cycling races, you can scrap it whenever you want, it does not matter.

Finally, the headline of this thread already shows how the OP is using Mainstream Media words. It has stricken me for about 10 years how our media would use the word “terror” more keenly than the word “terrorism” because it appeals even more to the audience’s sensitivity than the latter word. The aim is to make you all scared and to make you react on emotions because if you are high on emotions you no longer think. So “The War against Terror” sounds really well. Do I fear a terrorist attack? I don’t. If I get caught in one, that would be my destiny.

Jspear said:
Catholics don't follow the bible. It's unfortunate that they are called "Christian." Their beliefs are very different from evangelical Christians. Notice I said you can't follow Jesus. You can call yourself whatever you want. What matters is what do you actually practice. Catholics don't practice/follow the bible.

In bold that's correct. Catholics don't follow the Bible but the Gospel. Since the post you quoted suggested that Christians (which includes Catholics) are violent (idea you refute), then tell me what is violent in the Gospel compared to the Torah/Old Testament? I mean atheists would always resort to the OT in order to prove that Christians are violent because the Gospel is too hard to attack. We, Catholics, believe that the New Covenant has replaced the Old one, so that the "An eye for an eye" principle of the Torah no longer has force of law. The 10 Commandments have been universalised by Jesus while the Judaic Scribes only made it tribal (killing a goy was licit).

"Holy War", I don't know what that is. It neither exists in Christianity nor in Islam, for that matter.

The Crusades were justified. The Pilgrims were pacifically heading towards the Holy Sepulchre and the Islamic Caliph agreed to it. It's only when the Turks arrived that the Pilgrims were kept from the Holy Land.

The Inquisition has never executed anybody in Spain. Spanish monarchs did. The Church only judged nominal Christian to see whether they really were Christian. The Church is not responsible for what the monarchs did. The monarchs were secular powers.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

According to that only about 5 people died in Lockerbie? Don't really trust that chart if that's what it's claiming.

Qadaffi's terrorist attack wasn't inspired by jihadist motives.

I quote wikipedia (not an expert on the Lockerbie bombing):

"The U.S. National Security Agency's (NSA) alleged interception of an incriminatory message from Libya to its embassy in East Berlin provided U.S. President Ronald Reagan with the justification for Operation El Dorado Canyon on 15 April 1986, with US Navy and US Marine Corps warplanes launching from three aircraft carriers in the Gulf of Sidra and US Air Force warplanes launching from two British bases[117][118] —the first U.S. military strikes from Britain since World War II—against Tripoli and Benghazi in Libya. The Libyan government claimed the air strikes killed Hanna, a baby girl Gaddafi claimed he adopted (her reported age has varied between 15 months and seven years).[119] To avenge his daughter's death, Gaddafi is said to have sponsored the September 1986 hijacking of Pan Am Flight 73 in Karachi, Pakistan."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts