• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the Amateur Tour Of Flanders

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I was just at the La Gazzetto dello Sport site. Aldo Sassi, coach of Ivan Basso and Cadel Evans, has posted part one of a training plan for the 2011 amateur version of the Tour Of Flanders. It goes off the day before the pro race, and you can ride the entire course or one of two shorter distances.

I just wanted to put it out there in case there's interest in the event, or just checking out the training plan.

To get a good workout, however, keep in mind the law of three, never more than 3 workouts in a row, never less than 3 workouts per week. Good job "

http://www.gazzetta.it/Fitness/Pianeta_fitness/03-08-2010/operazione-fiandre-2011-71663439584.shtml

A

Anonymous

theswordsman said:
I was just at the La Gazzetto dello Sport site. Aldo Sassi, coach of Ivan Basso and Cadel Evans, has posted part one of a training plan for the 2011 amateur version of the Tour Of Flanders. It goes off the day before the pro race, and you can ride the entire course or one of two shorter distances.

I just wanted to put it out there in case there's interest in the event, or just checking out the training plan.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Fitness/Pianeta_fitness/03-08-2010/operazione-fiandre-2011-71663439584.shtml

It's an absolutely awesome event. Very well organized and a helluva lot of fun. Plus Belgium is just bitchin'.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I plan on traveling that area at that time but won't be able to pack a bike. Anyone able to recommend a rental shop there? If the snow leaves early like this year I should be able to get enough kms in to pull off the 140 distance. On a side note, I'll be traveling with my brothers who know nothing about cycling but plenty about beer. Any recommendations about where to suggest they go to watch this most awesome introduction to pro cycling and have an equally awesome introduction to Belgian ales? I thought we had a thread on watching this event but couldn't find it.

Thanks for the link to the training plan.

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
I plan on traveling that area at that time but won't be able to pack a bike. Anyone able to recommend a rental shop there? If the snow leaves early like this year I should be able to get enough kms in to pull off the 140 distance. On a side note, I'll be traveling with my brothers who know nothing about cycling but plenty about beer. Any recommendations about where to suggest they go to watch this most awesome introduction to pro cycling and have an equally awesome introduction to Belgian ales? I thought we had a thread on watching this event but couldn't find it.

Google Ronny Assez. He owns a bike shop in Oudenarde. He's cool as the other side of the pillow.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Nooooow you say that. What did you say right after you finished?

I may have thrown down a coupla MF'ers... but the wifer and I went to a football match that evening. Yes, I was drunk. So what?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I may have thrown down a coupla MF'ers... but the wifer and I went to a football match that evening. Yes, I was drunk. So what?

If I had just ridden 260km, I would want a few beers as well.

A

Anonymous

More Good Reasons to Go See the Classics

Chaotic start of Flanders in Brugge...

20qidrp.jpg

Roubaix. Camphin-en-pevele.

9qg484.jpg

Cancellara... being chased by...

idsuux.jpg

e5fbbk.jpg

EDDY!!

Surprisingly undereported fact was Merckx attacking out of the Boonen group nearly catching Cancellara before flatting out of the race on the Carrefour d'labre. He was flying.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:

http://www.jowan.be they rent S-works Roubaix bikes fitted with Ultegra:) don't really know about the prices.