• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The anti Kornheiser thread

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
fail...

Sorry, as soon as he starts to talk i auto tune him out. After years of having to listen to his drivel this has become an automatic reaction...
All i can decipher is blah blah blah...

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
dolophonic said:
Sorry, as soon as he starts to talk i auto tune him out. After years of having to listen to his drivel this has become an automatic reaction...
All i can decipher is blah blah blah...

If you can pick trough the sh-it he often comes up with something good . You would figure after Tony's suspension for an off colored comment about one of his female coworkers he would put a sock in it.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
If you guys read the transcript or hear what Tony Kornheiser said regarding cyclists, you would be appalled. I just read excerpt from the exchange and loathe the man now more than ever. How most people feel about Bob Roll is how I feel about TK on ESPN, now I think even less of him.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Kudos to Bob Roll

Good on you Bob Roll for speaking out against these radio jocks who are inciting motorists to use violence against cyclists. Do they not know that motorists could also be charged with murder if they kill someone. Does this also mean that the radio jocks are then accessories? The doctor in California is now in jail for this type of action.
Is there not a law against inciting violence.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Bob is right. Hopefully we've all had occasion to discuss this intelligently with some misinformed driver. If not; remind them that vehicular homicide will leave them in jail for awhile while their hot wife in the passenger seat will find a new lover...not that the driver will appreciate the consequences but you will see the wife's face light up with expectations.

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Kornheiser's radio persona must be different from his TV one because he doesn't come off like the comments attributed to him from radio on TV. That being said I have agree with Roll 100% and it's nice to finally say that about the guy.

A very well worded and mature response from Roll.

After being spat at twice and having half a Big Mac thrown at me by people in 3 different motor vehicles this week, it seems the same message still needs to be spread over here in Australia too :(

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Uh oh. There's alot of potential here for alot of the posters to be on the same side of an issue as LA. I'm sure some heads will explode over this dilemma. :D

Maybe the LA hate crowd will be pro-running down cyclists now.

Damnit! Why does Lance have to actually tweet something that all cyclists can agree on. ;) The sky must be falling.

Hopefully, Lance's ability to move the general public might actually get something moving on this.

Kornheiser is a doosh, hopefully ESPN suspends him again (although I actually thought he was right the last time ESPN suspended him)

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
Uh oh. There's alot of potential here for alot of the posters to be on the same side of an issue as LA. I'm sure some heads will explode over this dilemma. :D

Maybe the LA hate crowd will be pro-running down cyclists now.

...I am sorry, but I cannot read your post because it is obscured by a blue bikini...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if Kornheiser's radio show is syndicated nationwide. He was a columnist for The Washington Post. I'm near Washington D.C. and have listened to his show a few times. He has nothing.
He has the requisite crony with a British accent, and several other encouragers
/posse who babble ad nauseam about nothing. They fawn over local sports reporters who call in to the show regularly. So and so is a "great writer, she's a wonderful reporter."
When I hear someone talking about stories in the local newspaper on the radio, and then mocking, or making dumb comments ,that says to me they are not clever enough to come up with their own material. I don't need to hear on the radio what I can get from my newspaper.
He strikes me as if he likes to think of himself as a provocateur. In my view, he fails miserably. He just comes across like a jerk.
I hope in his heart he is not genuinely happy when a cyclist is struck by a motor vehicle.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
race radio

Oh hell! I think Race Radio's must be buying up duct-tape to prevent his head from exploding. I am sure he would agree that the KornHollyO is a jackass who should have not said run over cyclist. Let's see how the RR play's this out!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
Oh hell! I think Race Radio's must be buying up duct-tape to prevent his head from exploding. I am sure he would agree that the KornHollyO is a jackass who should have not said run over cyclist. Let's see how the RR play's this out!

Kornhole is an idiot, always has been.

It is nice to see Armstrong using his celebrity to raise awareness of something besides himself and Nike.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Kornhole called Wonderboy today to apologize/grovel for forgiveness. Lance is going to be on the show tomorrow......he is the Jesse Jackson of cycling, whenever you do something stupid you need to kiss his ring.

I hope Lance makes him sweat, give him "The Look"

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The American mainstream sports media has never had an understanding of cycling.

I remember watching a race on the TV about fifteen years ago. There was a four man break working in perfect harmony, taking even pulls. The commentator kept saying how the four in the front were, "continuously battling to take the lead from each other."

Thank goodness for Vs. channel and commentators who understand the sport.

Like him or not, it is good that LA is going to use his mass appeal with the American population to help bring awareness to the need for motorists to not "run us down".

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
This guy is all about reaction! I sincerely hope LA calls him out for the douchebag he is and tells him to f-off. Maybe he will try to "run down" a cyclist who sports a Glock.

Anyone remember this assclown on MNF!?

TRENDING THREADS