The Armitstead doping thread.

Oct 16, 2010
13,578
0
0
Another flagbearer of the clean golden generation of British proathletes exposed as a doping fraud.
Say it aint so.
The other unsurprising part of the case is of course BCs support for Liezzy.

Some very good twittering on the topic btw from the likes of Vayerism, Digger, Oufeh, 140charterror and others.
 
May 13, 2009
1,464
0
0
sniper said:
Another flagbearer of the clean golden generation of British proathletes exposed as a doping fraud.
Say it aint so.
The other unsurprising part of the case is of course BCs support for Liezzy.

Some very good twittering on the topic btw from the likes of Vayerism, Digger, Oufeh, 140charterror and others.
Certainly has the look of a conniving doper.

No one credibly misses three tests (even if you think you can, like a jailhouse lawyer, explain away one of them)...
 
Re:

Catwhoorg said:
https://twitter.com/johnarmitstead/status/760429225119715329

the question was asked about how many tests Lizzie has had this year

Per the above tweet:
that would be 16, but it doesn't say how many IC or OOC.

I have no idea of the connection of John to Lizzie (if any), so that number cannot be taken as 100% accurate either.

LA 16 tests all clean. Heard that somewhere before.
 
Re: Re:

Mayo from Mayo said:
Catwhoorg said:
https://twitter.com/johnarmitstead/status/760429225119715329

the question was asked about how many tests Lizzie has had this year

Per the above tweet:
that would be 16, but it doesn't say how many IC or OOC.

I have no idea of the connection of John to Lizzie (if any), so that number cannot be taken as 100% accurate either.

LA 16 tests all clean. Heard that somewhere before.
From someone with the same initials even.

As coincidences go irrelevant, but does cause a bit of a double take.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Isn't having your phone on silent taking yourself off grid, hence unavailable for testing?

Armistead not credible.

Doping.
 
Jul 15, 2016
20
0
0
Kind of exposes another problem with ADAMS / whereabouts system.

If someone is pinged for a whereabouts violation, then there should be a certain period of time - a month? - to determine if it's valid or not. After that, it no longer is a matter for debate, it's a fact.

That way, Armitage's 3rd (chronological) whereabouts failure would have been the final nail.

I've got to say - I don't think she's doping. However, this stinks to high heaven because of (a) the fact she's only challenging the 1st failure once she's accrued three, and (b) the fact that BC have funded the defence.

I can't wait to read the reasoned decision once it's published. If it doesn't include details such as (1) if there was a single tester or two; (2) if he was interviewed as a part of the evidence process and corroborated facts; (3) detail on the opportunity that Armitage was given to challenge the validity of the first failure at the time, but did not take up - then it's not sufficient grounds to rescind it, IMO.
 
Apr 3, 2016
1,013
0
0
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Confirmation that the women cycling world champion is a doper. Confirmation that high level cycling officials are covering up. Confirmation that BC endorses dopers.

It's all over the press.

That proves it's a cover up :rolleyes:
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Mayo from Mayo said:
Catwhoorg said:
https://twitter.com/johnarmitstead/status/760429225119715329

the question was asked about how many tests Lizzie has had this year

Per the above tweet:
that would be 16, but it doesn't say how many IC or OOC.

I have no idea of the connection of John to Lizzie (if any), so that number cannot be taken as 100% accurate either.

LA 16 tests all clean. Heard that somewhere before.
From someone with the same initials even.

As coincidences go irrelevant, but does cause a bit of a double take.
https://twitter.com/johnarmitstead = father of Lizzie Armistead.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
 
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
This is meaningless without adding in the dates of her completed tests.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
This is meaningless without adding in the dates of her completed tests.
As we know completed tests are absolutely meaningless. Ask Armstrong. Ask Marion Jones. No doubt she was tested after each win.
 
Oct 16, 2010
13,578
0
0
BC legal/financial(?) support for armitstead.
We used to mock Spain for these kind of practices.
The similarities between spains and britains golden sport era are strikingly obvious.
This is Contador 2010 all over again. Just that CAS seem more favorable to Brit athletes thanto Spanish.
 
Ugh, was hoping at leas the women's peloton was clean. There goes that hope.

Saw her win in person last year in Richmond, thought it was genuine. I won't tell my wife about this, she was there too and has been holding out hope.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
This is meaningless without adding in the dates of her completed tests.
As we know completed tests are absolutely meaningless. Ask Armstrong. Ask Marion Jones. No doubt she was tested after each win.
The surely missed tests are also meaningless, yes?
 
Re:

sniper said:
BC legal/financial(?) support for armitstead.
We used to mock Spain for these kind of practices.
The similarities between spains and britains golden sport era are strikingly obvious.
This is Contador 2010 all over again. Just that CAS seem more favorable to Brit athletes thanto Spanish.
It seems the only financial support was in kind, that could still be significant though. Glad my licence is not being continued this year.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
This is meaningless without adding in the dates of her completed tests.
As we know completed tests are absolutely meaningless. Ask Armstrong. Ask Marion Jones. No doubt she was tested after each win.
The surely missed tests are also meaningless, yes?
Nope. Avoiding tests means an athlete is glowing. Hence they don't answer the door, answer the phone, are not where they are supposed to be at the time they wrote down on the form.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
King Boonen said:
Benotti69 said:
Lizzie Armistead's missed tests;

20/08/15
Wins in plouay 29/08 & women's world cup overall

05/10/15
Won WC RR on 26/09

09/06/16
Wins Avivva womens tour

Nothing to see here.........
This is meaningless without adding in the dates of her completed tests.
As we know completed tests are absolutely meaningless. Ask Armstrong. Ask Marion Jones. No doubt she was tested after each win.
The surely missed tests are also meaningless, yes?
Nope. Avoiding tests means an athlete is glowing. Hence they don't answer the door, answer the phone, are not where they are supposed to be at the time they wrote down on the form.
In this case she was where she said she was and accessible though. I think it's highly likely she was not glowing at the time of this missed test, the other two are more indicative of that. The real question is why she didn't bother to challenge it as soon as it came up?
 
Jul 29, 2015
44
0
0
She has to give a one-hour-window for the day, is asleep and has her phone on silent. Her fault if she misses the test, imo. Prob would have pulled of a Mo if the tester had acutally knocked on her door.
 
May 25, 2009
343
0
0
Re:

TrainTrack said:
Kind of exposes another problem with ADAMS / whereabouts system.

If someone is pinged for a whereabouts violation, then there should be a certain period of time - a month? - to determine if it's valid or not. After that, it no longer is a matter for debate, it's a fact.

That way, Armitage's 3rd (chronological) whereabouts failure would have been the final nail.
In practice, wouldn't that just mean you have to spend a lot more on lawyers for stuff that might never be relevant?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS