• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Article: WSJ - reopened!

A

Anonymous

well im going to bed at 2am (9pm eastern) if its not up by then im going to bed :D

Personally I think its going to be about his (lances) love of recreational drugs and women of the night.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestones said:
Something could be brewing. He announced his retirement today. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe he thinks that will be enough to avoid being chucked out. He's leaving anyway so lets just leave him to it.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
well im going to bed at 2am (9pm eastern) if its not up by then im going to bed :D

Personally I think its going to be about his (lances) love of recreational drugs and women of the night.

Really, how can you fault the guy for that? Doesn't everyone like a little Coke and Hookers now and then?

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Really, how can you fault the guy for that? Doesn't everyone like a little Coke and Hookers now and then?

Don't forget the Belgian beer.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Maybe he thinks that will be enough to avoid being chucked out. He's leaving anyway so lets just leave him to it.

Please let him just leave. I'd like to be able to watch the Tour in HD on Versus in my living room, but with LA in the race, I'll be more likely to get annoyed with Phil-n-Paul and end up watching some Flemish livestream on the computer instead.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Lances_Closet said:
So mods forgiving me for one moment - (delete if required):

It’s expected we'll see some form of a 'teaser' article in the WSJ (and one other publication) as early as tomorrow (Tuesday). Subsequent fully featured articles expected to appear later in the week.

We should open this thread to discuss as we may see something on the internet as early as 8pm tonight EST.

Then again nothing may surface and this thread can be shut down. For the moment is all speculation and/or the articles could be just a rehash of old doping stories that amount to very little.

We have to wait and see.

Don't you think it would have been better to keep it in your pants until there was an article to see. Reminds me of the time my 'girlfriend' (about 30 years ago in my teens) promised me a 3 way with her hot friend but was really just teasing me because she knew I would get her Vodka. (She was a lush.)

Teasing is more annoying now than ever.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Ha, won't be the first or the last, but grounds for a business story?

Hope WSJ discusses the business aspect of cycling and doping and/or winning as a commercial proposition (sponsorship, U.S. Postal etc.), and maybe if there are irregularities on the philanthropic side, re a crossing a boundaries.

Hope they stick to "business", not "busyness" of Lance, if true :D

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok - I don't believe anything major will break before the Tour (no,I have no direct info on that)

But we are only on page 2 and we have vodka, 3 ways, hookers & blow.... this thread has great potential.

A

Anonymous

Im gonna have a hot chocolate and then go to bed.. The hiroshima type explosion will have the wait till the morning :D

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/sports/cycling/29cycling.html

At least two of the people Landis implicated said they had met with investigators to tell of their past involvement with doping. They did not provide details of those meetings, but both said they were honest in responding to the investigators’ questions. Those men, long followers of cycling’s code of silence that kept doping a secret, did not want their names published for fear of retribution during racing at the Tour.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
so lets whittle this down.. 2 riders, assumedly former teammates of lance, both riding at the tour.. Both people that landis implicated (Does that mean actually named in his original allegations?)

So how many former teammates of lance are riding the tour de france :D

Im going with DZ and Michael Barry

George Hincapie. Christian VdV. Jonathan Vaughters.

Could also be a current teammate, like Levi or Horner.

I'm assuming these teammates are American.

A

Anonymous

I beat Contador said:
Interesting that 'thehog' immediately set up a new account after he was termporaily banned, using the name 'Lance's closet', and is now freely posting threads in the clinic.?
Is there any proof its the hog?

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I beat Contador said:
Interesting that 'thehog' immediately set up a new account after he was termporaily banned, using the name 'Lance's closet', and is now freely posting threads in the clinic.

How is he allowed to do this without receiving a perma ban? And where is the outrage from regulars who usually say breaking a ban is the worst form of trolling?

Surely this is it for thehog? Every new account of his till the day he dies must now be banned, and dozens of people should chip in to help enforce it. No?

With so much working knowledge of the forum, and this being your "first" post, perhaps you too have been previously banned and are now using a pseudo-pseudonym? Perhaps you also deserve perma ban.

TeamSkyFans said:
so lets whittle this down.. 2 riders, assumedly former teammates of lance, both riding at the tour.. Both people that landis implicated (Does that mean actually named in his original allegations?)

So how many former teammates of lance are riding the tour de france :D

Im going with DZ and Michael Barry
And looks like the plan is fraud..

+1 Exactly who I thought of.

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
George Hincapie. Christian VdV. Jonathan Vaughters.

Could also be a current teammate, like Levi or Horner.

I'm assuming these teammates are American.

Well they say racing, so i assumed not JV, although I think JV has given his blessing.. DZ and VDV is an option.. Im not sure any of the current RS guys would dare, especially not if there is a current program.

My logic on Barry is he has been very quiet since saying not much except he didnt dope, and Dave Brailsford came out and did his we will talk to michael speech. Barry was a bit of a surprise in the sky squad after having ridden the giro, which makes me think DB is pretty convinced that the Landis investigations have nothing on him, how would he know this, from Barry? or because Barry had spoken to the feds? Barry can also talk a bit more freely not being under american juristriction.

DZ also was very quiet during the tour of california and has been quiet since. Im pretty sure one of vaughters boys has talked. My moneys on him.