• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The best proof yet that the Biological-passport is useful?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Il Prepatore doesn't like it! :D ;)

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=78

Franco biting the dust can't be good for business.

With the UCI sitting on questionable biopassport results we can assume it is reasonably effective...at allowing them to protect riders they feel are untouchable. If there is any quid pro quo involved: money, sponsor's picking up tabs, paid vacations or other benefits coming to UCI personnel there is another potential fraud link. Folks have asked why Interpol and USADA would have any common grounds for investigation this could be an instance. Interpol can facilitate information between European juridictions where some hanky panky is going on. Now I have no idea if any European country has the equivalent of the US's RICO act but an active IOC sanctioned governing body selling "protection" is as close to a RICO qualified crime as it gets. Are there any similar inter-country statues?

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When NASCAR got serious about cheating, they hired of of the best, technical crew chiefs to head their inspection program. Here is a little out of the box thinking, why not have WADA, UCI or whoever hire the good doctor to root out cheaters?

Lajeretta4Ever said:
When NASCAR got serious about cheating, they hired of of the best, technical crew chiefs to head their inspection program. Here is a little out of the box thinking, why not have WADA, UCI or whoever hire the good doctor to root out cheaters?

Because he makes way more money working the other side of the street. If word got out that WADA was attempting something like this, the good doctor's value to the dopers would go through the roof.

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Because he makes way more money working the other side of the street. If word got out that WADA was attempting something like this, the good doctor's value to the dopers would go through the roof.

Mac, think out of the box! Comp the good doctor with 15% of each rider's salary is caught cheating.

Lajeretta4Ever said:
Mac, think out of the box! Comp the good doctor with 15% of each rider's salary is caught cheating.

... and that would not make testing suspicious the other way round? No matter if the good doctors could be objective despite this carrot, you can hear the first line of the defence straight away...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
JPM London said:
... and that would not make testing suspicious the other way round? No matter if the good doctors could be objective despite this carrot, you can hear the first line of the defence straight away...

Correct. It is well known in other fields that paying a tester based upon person/defect caught regularly results in corrupt results in favour of the tester. I myself work in IT quality assurance and this is a topic that is often raised and there are a number of white papers demonstrating the problem.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Let me introduce Francesco Conconi.

He was elected to the medical committee of CONI, who gave him funds for research on a test for EPO back in the 90's - which Conconi then used to dope the Carrera team.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Let me introduce Francesco Conconi.

He was elected to the medical committee of CONI, who gave him funds for research on a test for EPO back in the 90's - which Conconi then used to dope the Carrera team.

Scum is as Scum does-Forrest Gump

TRENDING THREADS